Long winded Post.... State of the Game.

90 Human Paladin
Ok, so I am not one to usually post and more or less complain about the state of the game. I also know a blue will probably never respond here... but I need to get this off my chest. I have been playing since day one and have 2 accounts to boot. I have one of each class at 85 (most recently finally got a warrior to 85) and have extensive pvp experience. I havent been higher then 2299 but not from the lack of trying more because its really not easy to find solid teammates (even on KT). I play every day from 8pmEst till 12am and later on weekends. All I do is pvp be it bgs or arenas... I can do that all day.

I have always had problems with the amount of CC in this game... the at times unavoidable burst in this game. There is nothing more annoying then to not be able to control your toon and sit in CC for what seems like forever. I have also, always wanted all CC to share a cooldown. Make pvp more skillfull, and less about the long CC chains. Make people actually switch targets... force cd's... line up a kill... and rely less on Long CC chains. Make healers actually run out of mana, make dps have to rev up damage to land a kill. I do not have a problem making dispell have a 8 sec CD... how can you justify leaving Mages free to have deepfreeze, sheep, blanket silence (that has to be removed, period!) and frost bomb on such a short CD.... is behond me, and who's bright idea was it to give Locks an instant fear? BM hunters if your going to allow their pets to do so much damage, then only BM hunters should do 15% give or take less damage themselves.... blah, Im going off track here.

CC needs to be looked at and damage please blizzard you have said on 3 different occasions (remember the xpac will fix it!) that it was going to be harder to kill someone in a couple of sec's. Again, I love pvp and lately its starting not to be fun because everytime I'm in a bg... I send more time CC then actually healing now. It just feels worst then ever now... I know its early in the season but blizzard's track record hasn't been good of late (D3, anyone). I just hope that someone actually gives a damn and don't just forget about WoW and continue to work on Titan. lol

Let the trolling begin.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Give me a BC legacy server and id be happy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That isn't a long winded post.

That is like the size of a single paragraph when you get me going.

Hey, its long winded for me. lol
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/04/2012 06:59 PMPosted by Stylis
Make pvp more skillfull, and less about the long CC chains.

What constitutes "skill", if not the ability to land CC chains despite trinkets, numerous class abilities to avoid or remove it, numerous abilities to interrupt it, and the ever-present line-of-sight? I can't think of anything more skillful...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Make pvp more skillfull, and less about the long CC chains.

What constitutes "skill", if not the ability to land CC chains despite trinkets, numerous class abilities to avoid or remove it, numerous abilities to interrupt it, and the ever-present line-of-sight? I can't think of anything more skillful...

Tell me how skillful is it that you can blanket silence, sheep (oh, they trinket), sheep again.. follow by a deepfreeze and or ring of frost all that from just one class.... then add lock's and their silence and instant fear... thats a long CC chain and c'mon no skill required between two toons. My problem is I can work hard at positioning and avoiding CC but eventually they will land and when they do, I am helpless to do anything about it.... All should share DR and blanket silence needs to be removed from the game. Known of these would be an issue if people didnt die in 4 to 5 secs.

Something has to be done.
Edited by Stylis on 10/5/2012 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I think landing CC chains which are avoidable constitutes skill, essentially anything with a cast, even scatter traps, AoE short range fears. Watching top level players land / avoid that is what makes high end arena so interesting, stuff like deep, blankets, no cast time fears and all the other instant crap no one can see coming is the problem with this game. Position used to mean so much, healer LoSing incoming CC, getting in position to land a shorter range CC. Now no matter how hard you huge a pillar and avoid opposite teams LoS you'll just get deep into poly, psy fiend, insta fear, blanketed or whatever other instant CC can be thrown out on super short CD the second you have to come out of LoS to heal. That is unless ur vsing KFC and someone just gets globaled in the opener anyways.
Edited by Fushida on 10/5/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
MoP, like its predecessor, defines "skill" as which players can prevent other players from playing the game the longest in combination with burst damage.

Some people prefer this to the more methodical combat of BC and early WOTLK, but I sure as hell don't. I think it's pretty clear that blizzard has not only embraced this philosophy, but actually thinks its good design. To someone who has played this game since release, I find this mind boggling. Power creep has gotten out of control.

If you fundamentally think that it's fun to lock another player out from doing anything for 15-20 second periods at a time, and still not even guarentee that you win, then you probably never played in BC. Trust me when I tell you, it was much, much better then. Even with mace stun. Even with mana drain. It was just more fun, and talent wasn't restricted to who could land CC chains the best. Healer skill actually was a factor, and now they just spam heals inbetween CC chains.

"I just want to play my character."
Edited by Deleria on 10/5/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I agree BC was much more fun, but landing kills did involve CC chains they were just much harder to set up because majority of the instant CC available now wasn't then. Instant CC was melee stuns, priest / lock AoE fears and hoj, rep, blind. Maybe a few more but now a single class has more then all of those combined and can global someone in about 2 seconds. Health pools didnt seem to yo yo as much either, now it feels your either at 100% of in danger.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Tell me how skillful is it that you can blanket silence, sheep (oh, they trinket), sheep again.. follow by a deepfreeze and or ring of frost all that from just one class.... then add lock's and their silence and instant fear... thats a long CC chain and c'mon no skill required between two toons. My problem is I can work hard at positioning and avoiding CC but eventually they will land and when they do, I am helpless to do anything about it.... All should share DR and blanket silence needs to be removed from the game. Known of these would be an issue if people didnt die in 4 to 5 secs.

Something has to be done.

Rather than pointing out how CC is not "skillful", why don't you tell me what WOULD be skillful? I'm genuinely curious.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
CC chains will never be even close to skillful when its all about making a match a 2v3.
Skill is about countering something and back and forth. You can only counter CC with a trinket and maybe another class ability if your so lucky to have one. Then you're just on the receiving end of a continuous chains of CC abilities that will most likely be fatal to one or more of your teammates.
A mage being forced to blink away only to be charged and then using a frost nova to get the warrior off of him is engaging back and forth between the players. Add more teammates and it increases in complexity dramatically.
With the loss of team mates being able to remove magical debuffs from their allies unless they're a healer, players can only watch as their healer is sitting in over 20 seconds of CC once his trinket is down. CC that can come at any moment because of the nature of many of the CC's in the game having extremely short or no cooldowns.
With the increases to interrupts now we cant even prevent CC reliably anymore.
Edited by Laina on 10/5/2012 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
CC chains will never be even close to skillful when its all about making a match a 2v3.
Skill is about countering something and back and forth. You can only counter CC with a trinket and maybe another class ability if your so lucky to have one

or interrupting it, or LoSing it, or knowing when the other team needs to land a cc and preemptively stunning them, or blanket silencing them, etc, etc. not to mention the fact that as a CCer, you're dealing with an intricate web of DRs shared across classes that can make the opponent's choice to trinket stop a CC chain in its tracks (and completely nullify a chance for a kill).

honestly, my opinion is that people who don't think CC is skillful are people that simply don't understand the CC metagame.

i'm happy to support this argument, and would be equally happy to be proven wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I do agree there's too much CC...diminishing returns needs to be doubled and most of the spammable stuns taken out of the game
Reply Quote
Or better yet, diminishing returns made global. Every CC which causes you to lose control of your character on the same DR.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I'd happily lose instant fear if it meant mana was an issue again. Hybrids be bananas up in here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Skill is about countering something and back and forth. You can only counter CC with a trinket and maybe another class ability if your so lucky to have one

or interrupting it, or LoSing it, or knowing when the other team needs to land a cc and preemptively stunning them, or blanket silencing them, etc, etc. not to mention the fact that as a CCer, you're dealing with an intricate web of DRs shared across classes that can make the opponent's choice to trinket stop a CC chain in its tracks (and completely nullify a chance for a kill).

honestly, my opinion is that people who don't think CC is skillful are people that simply don't understand the CC metagame.

i'm happy to support this argument, and would be equally happy to be proven wrong.

Please tell me how I can LoS... instant fear? blanket silence? Psyfiend (easy one to LoS but still if place in the right spot... kinda hard if you have to you know... heal!)

The state of the CC game as it is right now, is rediculous.... What metagame are you talking about? Knowning what class and CC yours DR's with? There is a reason why certain comps are born/played because you dont have to worry about DR and they are far too many of them.

I will give you an example verse a mage... I can either be at max range and try to LoS his sheep or out range it or be close and interrupt it with rebuke... dont even mention sacrifice, mages have that nice spell call spellsteal and or their healer/teammates can dispell it instantly. I'm sorry but sheep needs a cooldown now... its not like they need it with all the amount of cc they have. I play a mage as well and I dont want to seem like Im only QQ'n about them... there is just far too many CC in this game.

Please dont mention high rated arenas because that does nothing for the rest of us normal range people. There is nothing better then playing with people that actually pay attention to all stuff going on around them, such as all those high rated guys.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I dont mind Hybrids being able to heal... but they should run out of mana while doing it. Healers should run out of mana as well. But first all that damn CC needs to worked on... =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]