Average Hunter DPS for new 90s

90 Pandaren Hunter
I'm very curious as to what other new 90's are pulling for dps. Yes I know, "what does it matter when you're fresh in greens", let me clarify; I mean around 450-460ilvl, ya know you're trying your hardest to gear up in 5-mans/brewfest.

Now I don't wanna know what you're "max burst is" because that wouldn't be ideal for the information I want, I want to know average AFTER a fight is finished; also I'm talking ZERO AoE.

This might be a decent topic to get into, what are all the REST of you hunters out there pulling, and what spec are you.

IE: I'm currently 456ilvl, and I'm averaging between 44k and 56k at the end of a single target fight where the mob doesn't disappear/go untargetable for a duration. This was also the case for Stone Guard (1st Boss in Vaults, which was unsuccessful).

TLDR; I'm seeing hunters around my Ilvl(456) pulling astronomical numbers(70k+ sustained), and I'm not sure how, I'd like some numbers to compare against as far as heroic 5 man Bosses are concerned.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
im at 464 ilvl bm and 45k is really hard to beat... hunter dps suck atm
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/04/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Brioche
im at 464 ilvl bm and 45k is really hard to beat... hunter dps suck atm

That's honestly a relief to hear, just hope to see some more posts on the matter...
Reply Quote
4 Draenei Mage
In full heroic gear you're probably look at 45-55k sustained and 80kish burst on short single target boss fights as BM. Once you get a few epics, bursting 120k is common and sustained crawls closer to 70k in a random 5 man.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/04/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Magnolia
In full heroic gear you're probably look at 45-55k sustained and 80kish burst on short single target boss fights as BM. Once you get a few epics, bursting 120k is common and sustained crawls closer to 70k in a random 5 man.

So basically, we're talking once you get closer to the 467-69+ range and above then? 10 ilvls doesn't sound like much, but I'm hoping it's not as hopeless (lol) as it seems.

I know classes really shouldn't compare because there are discrepancies throughout, however, I did come across a warlock with 467 Equiped ilvl (looked him up too, just to make sure) who was sustaining 95k+ in a scholo run I went through, I was blown away, and immediately felt "maybe I'm doing something wrong".
Edited by Dungslinga on 10/4/2012 11:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I wouldn't feel too bad. DPS balance is in a disgraceful mess ATM. Tanks are even beating a lot of DPS classes. It is like they learned nothing from the beta.
Reply Quote
4 Draenei Mage
10 iLvls is pretty significant.

If you look at raid parses, BM is doing just fine. SV seems to be around 10k DPS behind, and MM isn't even worth looking at.
Reply Quote
467 iLvl and i pull about 55k-60k single target boss fights
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I would suggest getting the engineering goggles made and ditching that engineering trinket for Searing Words . (IMPORTANT NOTE-WE currently can not roll need on that trinket. Nor can rogues. I think monks warriors and pallies can, so bring one with you)
Every piece of gear will up your dps by a noticeable amount. Just keep gearing and you will get up there man.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I play survival due to an intense BM Hatred and can do... 47-55k or, done 65k or so sustained when I got a few lucky LnL procs.

Btw, I don't get this "SV is 10k behind" crap. Either I am a hunter god, which I know I am not, or your comparison hunters are severely under geared/mentally retarded. It's true we are behind, but survival is no where near awful. I am VERY comfortable with the spec, so I do well with it; simple.
Edited by Livandria on 10/5/2012 12:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/05/2012 12:36 AMPosted by Livandria
done 65k or so sustained when I got a few lucky LnL procs.

what.
Usually I measure substrained dps over a period where a few procs (10 sec ICD on them btw) isn't going to make a 40-65k dif. Just saying...I would still consider that burst.
5 man bosses are 100% burst damage fights.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
With SV in my current gear I was pulling around 52-62k DPS at the end of heroic fights. I will test out BM tomorrow to see how I do.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/05/2012 12:58 AMPosted by Taelon
With SV in my current gear I was pulling around 52-62k DPS at the end of heroic fights. I will test out BM tomorrow to see how I do.

Heroic fights are pure CD fights. Test out 5 min segments on a dummy for both and you will get better readings.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Thank you guys for all the feedback, I really appreciate it.
I would suggest getting the engineering goggles made and ditching that engineering trinket for Searing Words . (IMPORTANT NOTE-WE currently can not roll need on that trinket. Nor can rogues. I think monks warriors and pallies can, so bring one with you)
Every piece of gear will up your dps by a noticeable amount. Just keep gearing and you will get up there man.

I'm really trying for it, the cogwheel trink I currently have is the best I could get straight out of the gate, so the stars still need to align. Good call on the advice for rolls on that trink, will do what you suggest. As for the engineering goggles, I think it might actually be a good idea to drop mining and pick up engineering - it seems it would give me the best benefit to my dps this early out. (Not like I'm min/maxing profs. or anything either to squeeze out more, would still be a good boost, though)

Heroic fights are pure CD fights. Test out 5 min segments on a dummy for both and you will get better readings.

Very true, I did also mention what I was doing when we attempted Stone Guard on Tuesday.

As a side note: the reason I didn't want people to include what they were bursting to, is because it's irrelevant. Even though I can burst to 75k+ (82k Tuesday night) doesn't really help the rest of the information I need to make the changes I might need to.
Edited by Dungslinga on 10/5/2012 1:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I assumed you were a engineer because of the trinket, sorry. :x
Engineering is good right now as is JC/BS/LW...I would drop the mining/skinning after you have the mats and do two dif professions...helps a lot.

I was quoting someone else on the second quote, your dps is fine for that boss.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I assumed you were a engineer because of the trinket, sorry. :x
Engineering is good right now as is JC/BS/LW...I would drop the mining/skinning after you have the mats and do two dif professions...helps a lot.

I was quoting someone else on the second quote, your dps is fine for that boss.

Ah gotcha, yeah believe it or not (may be a bug) but that trink is wearable by everyone, including the cogs. Also, yes I would drop min/skin but it would honestly only squeeze maybe 1-2k dps (that's being hopeful) just from JC gems, or from enchanting/bs sockets. You are right, though, if I want to be more serious about my dps that is what I should do, lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
My item level is 460 and I average about 36k
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
It's back to the future super necropolis post style!
Reply Quote
When I first hit 90 I did around 33k. I have no idea if that is terrible or not, but I got along fine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]