How to give horde alt some gold from ally alt

90 Orc Death Knight
I have an 85 ally priest that used to be my main on the alliance faction here at Tichondrius.

Is it legal for me to simply auction a grey item for, say, 8000g and then buy it out with my Horde character (Dohmo) so that he can buy epic flying?

Sorry if this is noob, I haven't played since WOTLK and I never messed with gold-swaps of alts on opposing factions.

-Regards,

Dohmo
Edited by Dohmo on 10/4/2012 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It'd be hard to do since you can't buy your own auctions even on the neutral auction house hope you have really good friends to help you
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/04/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Varolokkur
It'd be hard to do since you can't buy your own auctions even on the neutral auction house hope you have really good friends to help you

Or you can create an account on a different Battlenet to do it - if you can get them to Tanaris :)

Haven't tried this myself - anyone know if it works?
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Shaman
10/04/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Tamara

Or you can create an account on a different Battlenet to do it - if you can get them to Tanaris :)

Haven't tried this myself - anyone know if it works?

yes even with merged accounts it will work
Reply Quote
77 Blood Elf Priest
Weird isn't it?

Your Horde and Alliance characters share mounts, pets and achievements...but not gold.
Reply Quote
66 Draenei Priest
you just need a friend to help you since you cannot buy your own auctions even with the neutral auction house.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
Get a friend to help you.

Keep in mind that the neutral AH takes a big cut, also.
Reply Quote
79 Pandaren Warrior
Neutral AH takes 10% cut iirc.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
An easy way to send gold to an opposite faction is to send them (on the same server, of course) the BOA epic Guild Tabard and vendor it. Yeah, you wind up losing a little gold on the cost of it, but it's a lot easier than using the Neutral AH IMHO.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Get a friend to help you.

Keep in mind that the neutral AH takes a big cut, also.

Yes, 20% of the sale price. So if the OP puts up an item for 8000g and had someone buy it for them (since they cannot do so themselves on the same account as others have pointed out) they would actually only get around 6400g. Keep that in mind if you are trying to specifically get a certain amount. If what you needed was 8k, you would need to sell the item for 10k.

As for being against the rules, not at all. Blizzard just makes it so you have to work a little harder to discourage it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Well I guess it has to be this way due to the fact that Blizzard has to preserve the economy in some way. Honestly, I was holding back on xferring my priest to Horde because I knew that my priest (with whom I took the time to max professions) would be able to gut the Alliance AH while my Horde plunders and ravages the Horde AH.

Ah, Blizzard... You know too well the tricks of the trade, eh? It would be a ruckus if I was playing both factions for their money!

Maybe it's time to just pony up the 25 and get my priest back to horde. My priest was always a horde priest, and then, through a scroll of resurrection, her previously male undead corpse was brought back to life and given a sex-change. Ha!

Time to go back to undead - or actually...

Time to figure out what the best possible race would be for my priest.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Shaman
10/04/2012 09:34 PMPosted by Resies
I think it is 15%.
Reply Quote
89 Draenei Warrior
10/04/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Aghator
I think it is 15%.

it is
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]