Does anyone really pay 2k gold for meta gem?

86 Undead Rogue
This seems a bit much, is it just my server or is every server this high?. I hope no one buys them so the price will come down.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i bought my first one for like 5k
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
10/04/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Zachfu

That's insane. Why can't I ever find suckers like you when I'm selling something that is clearly over priced?
Edited by Droogi on 10/4/2012 10:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
10/04/2012 10:42 PMPosted by Droogi

That's insane. Why can't I ever find suckers like you when I'm selling something that is clearly over priced?

I sold a couple for 4500 in the first two days, now they're down to 2000-2500, depending on cut. Uncut are just as expensive, so I can't make any money off of them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i have millions of gold, 5k is worth the time saved from trying to find someone to do it cheaper.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
10/04/2012 11:13 PMPosted by Zachfu
i have millions of gold, 5k is worth the time saved from trying to find someone to do it cheaper.

I guess if I was a fat cat millionaire I wouldn't mind but I only have a few thousand. We need to elect someone as president of wow and he needs to start regulating the AH and put a cap on these things. A fair price for the primal diamonds is 500 gold. Those of us with a few thousand in gold need met gems just like the greedy corporate millionaires.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
its the farmers setting the prices for the materials causing the high prices not millionairs.

this is a supply and demand issue, not a rich vs poor. well maybe a little since the rich can afford the high prices of low supply/high demand times.

unlike the real world though you can go farm the ore yourself and make your own. Theres no such thing as unemployed in wow, theres no starving to death.
Edited by Zachfu on 10/5/2012 12:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
10/04/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Droogi
We need to elect someone as president of wow and he needs to start regulating the AH and put a cap on these things.

Please never vote in any real elections.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Cost of blue gems to transmute to a diamond is high, therefore costs of cut diamonds are high.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
The JC patterns seem to have a fairly good droprate. The thing is the 6 rare gems you need to make the gem itself. With the golden lotus you need for transmuting still prohibitively expensive, you have to transmute a lot of ghost iron or kyparite to get them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/04/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Droogi

I guess if I was a fat cat millionaire I wouldn't mind but I only have a few thousand. We need to elect someone as president of wow and he needs to start regulating the AH and put a cap on these things. A fair price for the primal diamonds is 500 gold. Those of us with a few thousand in gold need met gems just like the greedy corporate millionaires.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on the forums...and that's saying something.

It isn't those with the gold that set the prices for consumables. Costs are based on their component parts, and how hard they are to acquire. If they're fairly rare, price goes up. Welcome to economics, pal.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
1.5 to 2k is about right on mal'ganis where ghost iron ore has stayed at 160-190 per stack depending on the time of day. And lotus's sit at 325-400. Getting the 6 blue quality gems actually costs that much. Trust me, I've prospected probably 60k worth of ghost iron so far this xpac to stock the guild bank and get gems for the JC pattern learners in guild. The drop rate on blue quality gems is poor and you need 6 of them to make a single meta.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
I paid 2k for mine last night. Figured ill be using these goggles for awhile and by God after buying all that living steel to make em I was gonna have the socket bonus.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
10/05/2012 05:34 AMPosted by Wynn

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on the forums...and that's saying something.

It isn't those with the gold that set the prices for consumables. Costs are based on their component parts, and how hard they are to acquire. If they're fairly rare, price goes up. Welcome to economics, pal.

Of course it is. If we all had the same gold, the gems wouldn't sell for 2k gold and they wold have to drop their prices
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The only way for all of us to have the same gold would be to have no gold.

Think about it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Get the gems yourself and tip an alchemist to make them for you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
10/05/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Droogi
Of course it is. If we all had the same gold, the gems wouldn't sell for 2k gold and they wold have to drop their prices

No it isn't.

The supply is limited and the demand is there. If I knew more people had a couple million gold I could just jack the price up MORE because people can afford it.

No way in hell am I going to drop prices because people have MORE gold.

You even take an economics class?
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
10/05/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Reshaari

No it isn't.

The supply is limited and the demand is there. If I knew more people had a couple million gold I could just jack the price up MORE because people can afford it.

No way in hell am I going to drop prices because people have MORE gold.

You even take an economics class?

What? Try and follow what I said. If we all had a cap of lets say 10 thousand gold and some greedy corporate thief tried to charge 5 thousand for a gem, it would never sell, and they would be forced to lower their prices. Or better yet just put a capon the price you can sell these gems for.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Mine is 2k or below now.

I would buy it, for the eng head piece which takes a meta gem.

However, I'm hoping that by the time I have that amount of living steel (from transmute) that the price is even lower on the meta gem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]