Just tips for lower latency

90 Undead Rogue
That is of course before our Australian or Oceanic servers are in place ,

Running with adsl1 will give you better latency. or adsl2 connection with adsl1 MODEM,
routers have increased MS not much but they do.

Ring your ISP and turn your INTERLEAVING off (In computer science and telecommunication, interleaving is a way to arrange data in a non-contiguous way to increase performance)

meaning they packets are checked before they leave the DSLAM , you'll have to google for more information from my research having interleaving turned off makes your packets sent right away instead of being checked for errors , with that being said , of course if you have a DIRTY-LINE i would not recommend having interleaving turned off.

It will maybe lower your SYNC SPEED but if gaming is your main objective turning it off will lower your latency by 10-20ms.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
My latency has been sitting quite stable on 180ms since my suburb finally got adsl 2+. It's the framerate i have problems with at certain times of the day. Just need to lower my graphics settings whenever the fps gets too low.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
179ms is the best I'm going to get to Cali servers. I'm fine with that.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
10/05/2012 01:42 AMPosted by Abînadi
My latency has been sitting quite stable on 180ms since my suburb finally got adsl 2+. It's the framerate i have problems with at certain times of the day. Just need to lower my graphics settings whenever the fps gets too low.

Yep pretty much this, soon as i got ADSL2+ im was getting a standard 180ms, and like Abinandi, i just lower the graphic settings when needed
Reply Quote
44 Night Elf Druid
what?

latency has nothing to do with graphic settings

latency (ping) is from internet delay
lag (fps) is from your hardware

you can play on a 7 years old computer and have 20ms latency if you live in cali
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
you can play on a 7 years old computer and have 20ms latency if you live in cali

lucky for them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
You guys have no idea how correct this guy is about Interleaving, Everyone needs to turn interleaving off if their connection can handle it, I'm on Telstra business' and one of the few who cannot do this :(

Running with adsl1 will give you better latency. or adsl2 connection with adsl1 MODEM,
routers have increased MS not much but they do.

Gonna go try that thanks.

Requesting sticky.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Shaman
I do not think any of you have the latency rate i do of over 2500 i do no

t know how to fix it and if anyone does let me know
Reply Quote
Hey folks,

There are a number of things you can do to reduce your latency. This is a main problem for us players here in the Oceanic region. You will all know our servers are hosted in Los Angeles, US and the distance, the physical distance is the reason we suffer with higher MS than others around the world.

A few little things I did to my own system increased my MS, but please do not be expecting to drop below 150 ... I was on 280-400, now I sit comfortably on 180-190. Yes it's not the best but it's certainly better than before.

Download Leatrix Latency fix, quick and easy to install, reboot our computer and you will very likely see at least a small MS drop :)

When it comes to playing wow, TRY using a wired connection to your router! It's quicker for obvious reasons but yes I know, I LOVE wireless and it's a slight inconvenience to be jacked up to your router but if it increases performance then why not?

Try going into your routers settings by typing your IP address into the search bar, if you know your network user and password you can do something called Port Forwarding which basically gives the ports for wow a quicker connection which is unhindered.

Your network adapter; keep it updated!

Oh and guys and girls, keep posting, we need this issue fixed. It's absolute rubbish that we pay the same as everyone else in the world yet we suffer with bad latency, latency that isn't ideal or just a 'meh' service.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
If you don't know what you are talking about don't talk, I am an I.T, Internet can be highly affected by your computer not just by viruses etc but how you have your computer setup, Good post btw it will help a lot of people.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
01/07/2014 07:06 PMPosted by Lavana
Oh and guys and girls, keep posting, we need this issue fixed. It's absolute rubbish that we pay the same as everyone else in the world yet we suffer with bad latency, latency that isn't ideal or just a 'meh' service.

Wh...What are you talking about? "We need this issue fixed". Yes, that pesky issue of sending data across the expanse of the pacific ocean. Servers must be hosted somewhere, and not everyone can enjoy the benefit of being in close proximity to them. There are too many negative implications of undertaking such an enormous endeavour.

This discussion is nothing new. Stop beating a dead horse.
Reply Quote
34 Tauren Druid
07/26/2014 05:24 AMPosted by Dotexecute
Stop beating a dead horse.

But we cant beat a live horse it just runs away silly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Also to add to my post , If can also , use leatrix latency (disabling nagle)
Proxy's but not sure.

and Australian servers!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]