Powerhot or Barrage?

90 Human Hunter
Whats currently better for pve and/or pvp?
Edited by Kereda on 10/5/2012 2:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
is glaive toss a option here? Because its very very good in pve and pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Glaive toss is best for PVE at the moment. It's also very viable in PVP as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Gliave for both.

Barrage does pitiful damage in PvP, and in PvE the cast time breaks the rotation.

Power shot is ok for giggles in PvP, but its just too impractical and way too easy to avoid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Ahh I guess i read glaive wrong. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Glaive is probably what you want for pve.
Barrage, while being imo the coolest looking, has bad tendencies to spin your character and spray arrows into unsuspecting groups of mobs that the tank did not pull....

And powershot has a cast time, ew.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I like barrage and glaive, powershot was meh.
Reply Quote
54 Dwarf Rogue
barrage is fun and with packs if small mobs the numbers fly
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Barrage IS fun, however it's also a potential wipe and not as much dps as glaives. I do love firing off barrage, with a gun it sounds like an actual machine gun I'm chewing up everything in range with. That's also the problem though ;p First you have to position yourself so you don't hit anything beyond your targets and pull it too, then you have to hope the mob you're targetting doesn't move! So many times playing with it I had the tank shift the mobs, barrage tracked it round and oh, another pack pulled. Glaives is more dps and looks awesome, try it!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Barrage is the fun AoE ability that after you've used it, no matter if you're questing or raiding....you instantly regret it; and in PvP it's like hitting them with a hundred wet noodles...irritating (then all of a sudden spaghetti)
Glaive's are like a super-charged Arcane shot, that slows and has small aoe ability, but it's on a short cd. It also scares the piss out of unsuspecting raid members because they think it's from the boss while it's on it's return trip. :)
Powershot is fun, I guess, when you're doing Tillers dailies and someone tries to gank you, and you knock them off a mountain (if they don't stun you first)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Here's my take. I've been playing with all three shots. I don't really like Glaive toss and am somehow not seeing much in the way of dps output from it. Barrage, if it nails one target does a satisfying sort of cut-down on the target's health bar. Powershot does a decent amount of damage, but not only does it have a cast time (in addition to costing you focus), but it also has a cooldown! WTF!

I've caught unintended attacks from Barrage. Hated Powershot because it sucks. And kinda just don't like Glaive Toss, even though it seems to be the preferred top tier talent.

I'm sure it seems silly, but I really am fond of barrage. Should I suck it up and go back to Glaive Toss?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/06/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Lerian
Should I suck it up and go back to Glaive Toss?

Depends. If you've ever wiped at a few hundred k hp left on a boss (it has happened more to me than it should) you will have to live with the knowledge that it is your fault. Otherwise it doesn't matter. GT, like everything else in our kit, is simply a cumulative effect on our dps.

TL;DR

Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Barrage is competitive with Glaive Toss on most fights you go SV for.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I don't Raid or Dungeon, so I guess I won't worry about wiping anyone but my own self. LOL Barrage it is. :-)
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I love barrage animation, I been playing around with glaive toss and barrage and really I cant notice a big dps difference as survival, play with both and see what fits better to you, like people already stated, barrage can sometimes pull unsuspected mobs if you are not careful, but apart from that I love barrage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Sadly, "unsuspected mobs" sometimes means chickens on my farm. LOL There I am, trying to pelt a vermin, and I lose two chickens way across the farm. :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]