Come MG Hunters. Sit in this thread.

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Discuss with me your thoughts on us so far in MoP.

There has been a lot of talk of us being on the low scale of DPS PVE wise. There is talk of us being quite ridiculous in PVP. How do you find us right now in MoP?

I'm kind of on the fence, honestly. It's hard to truly say what we are so early in the expansion. I will say that it's nice to see BM as an actual decent PVE spec now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
This is now a Rogue thread.

Enjoy.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Hunter is just the prestige class for cowardly warriors.

Edit: -->My experiences against hunters so far are limited. They seem to be doing okay in MoP from what I can tell.
Edited by Frostytroll on 10/5/2012 6:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
What is this other class taint? Such rudeness.

/dusts away inferior classes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I love my hunters, but I've been considering moving one off server to make room for one more toon. =/ Not sure if I want to though, because what I've been seeing of the new changes for hunters in talents and skills makes me cringe at the dps drop. We should have better dps than what is the general norm for warlocks in PVE standard, but we don't. I think Ghostcrawler hates us. ;-;
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
lol rogues. They hit like wet noodles.

I like the fact that we're so bursty with much more options in pvp. I am loving it!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm a bit up in the air with it myself. I realize my gear isn't optimal, but I'm trying to slowly replace stuff with heroic gear before I grab enchants. Gems come as I get pieces since i'm a JC, so those are easy. (Save for my Meta. I'm NOT paying 1k + for a damn meta. I'd rather wait till I get the pattern I need to drop.)

But I'm incredibly embarrased to be in heroics when everyone, in my gear, is annihilating things while i'm trying my hardest and being unable to pull over 20k on boss fights. I'm seeing warriors in my gear pulling like 40k, and mages pulling -50k-. I was beginning to think my Recount was botched.

Yes I realize i'm Surv, and that it's not the "best" spec for hunters right now, but BM's "rotation" (if you can CALL it a rotation) is so incredibly clunky to me that I just can't use it for anything aside from questing, and so, I pull even -worse- in dungeons with it.

I'd probably put my hunter down all together if he wasn't pretty much my main for everything now.. uuugghh.. <_>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Shaman reporting in.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm not liking my hunter. I doubt she'll be getting to 90 anytime soon. I don't have the desire to level her.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Since I am not as of yet level 90, I don't feel like I can make the most valid opinion (in regards to end-game hunters), but I honestly don't see where people are getting the feeling that hunters are sub-par for PvE. I've done quite a few MoP dungeons, and in every one I'm pulling the most DPS (or very, very close to it). The only times where I've been beaten in DPS was by my friend who's a mage (we constantly fight to see who has the better DPS). Otherwise, I'm always on top.

I haven't done much (if any) PvP since I came back to the game, so I can't have much of a view on that, but I will say that some of the new Talents given to hunters seem to be very neat features for PvP (Binding Arrow, the bonus effects you can gain on Disengage, etc).

All in all, I'm loving my hunter and I will continue to play him through any ups and downs of this expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
As a Survival Hunter, I would like to say that Survival Hunter is really, really viable in PvE. You'd be surprised at the amount of DPS that you can put out, but I've honestly had no troubles keeping up with BETTER geared DK's or Warriors than myself. Last group I ran with which I believe was Heroic Brewsomethingorather I came 2nd in overall DPS, sitting at 30k DPS while the DK was at 37k. Granted, 7k difference, but I'm doing pretty well vs a Blood DK.

My rotation typically changes based on situation. If it's a boss fight the first things I blow are my trinket, DoT's and my Focus Fire, then my Stampede and Murder of Crows. It's then merely a matter of keeping all of my DoT's up and whenever a mob shows up spamming my AoE skills, both Glaive Toss and Multi Shot, which I can do one Glaive Toss and two Multi-shots from 100 Focus. If there's a mob I usually use my Explosive Trap, if it's a boss, I use Black Arrow. Otherwise, I just run around in Aspect of the Iron Hawk shooting out Explosive Traps, Multi Shots and Glaive Tosses.

It's working for me so far and I've been doing some really, really nice DPS. I feel like Survival is more about Mob killing than Marksman is. I did play with running Marksman for Bosses and Survival for Mobs but I just didn't like the rotation. Beastmastery to me is as you said, a bit clunky.

Haven't done any PvP so I can't tell you anything about that. Otherwise? I'm liking the treatment Hunters get in MoP. Solid, decent DPS with some great CC.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/05/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Kaynere
Yes I realize i'm Surv, and that it's not the "best" spec for hunters right now, but BM's "rotation" (if you can CALL it a rotation) is so incredibly clunky to me that I just can't use it for anything aside from questing, and so, I pull even -worse- in dungeons with it.

Really? I kind of think BM has a relatively simple rotation. You send pet in, you use Kill Command, Beastial Wrath, and the other abilities. I like that I can do more than just KC now. I always felt like that made us too 'easy-mode'.

I have yet to try survival.

On another note, I find that our SINGLE DPS is decent. However, I'm having a hard time competing with AoE pulls as BM. Is it safe to say that SV is still champion for AoE?
Edited by Aestiàh on 10/5/2012 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Lower level chiming in here. Im Marks/ BM specced and I think my dps so far has been good both solo and AoE. This is also going on in the level dungeons I can get into. PvPwise Im not as happy as I used to be. I am at the bottom of the pool right now and maybe it will improve, but honestly I find my pvp dps lackluster.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Been playing BM since mid Cata or so, still playing BM now. Mostly doing PvP though it's pretty frustrating as of now.

SV is a fun spec, I prefer it in PvE situations, been doing SV PvE since the beginning of Wrath.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Really? Cause pvp wise as I've been leveling, MM hunters have been 1 shotting people with aimed shot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
So Hunters have even more burst? Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat. Can't wait to fight them on my dk : /
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/05/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Ironlotus
Really? Cause pvp wise as I've been leveling, MM hunters have been 1 shotting people with aimed shot.

Well that works for the lower levels, easily. Not so much later on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm so pleased with Season 12. It's gonna be a -long- jolly ol' time for Quor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Discuss with me your thoughts on us so far in MoP.

There has been a lot of talk of us being on the low scale of DPS PVE wise. There is talk of us being quite ridiculous in PVP. How do you find us right now in MoP?

I'm kind of on the fence, honestly. It's hard to truly say what we are so early in the expansion. I will say that it's nice to see BM as an actual decent PVE spec now.

Didn't you used to be a warrior?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I keep losing to DKs in PvP, so I am angry about this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]