Jewelcrafting STILL the worst profession.

90 Dwarf Warrior
TG warrior is pretty much the one exception to this. We actually weight crit as better than strength, so we're gemming pure crit anyway. The 320 crit is better than 320 str we'd get from enchanting or whatever. However, this means that BS is crazy, crazy overpowered. JC gives me 320 crit. In comparison, BS gives me 640 crit. JC is literally half as good as BS.

EDIT: Alright, we're not totally alone. I guess healers might want spirit more than intellect, at least this early in the expansion. BS is still far and away the very best profession unless all of your secondary stats are junk.
Edited by Quard on 10/5/2012 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Trollinthndr
JCs got their alchemy stone in T11 and got nothing after that either.

thats alchemist....

My mistake.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/05/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Pyraedine

thats alchemist....

My mistake.

JC got trinkets too, you weren't far off.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
10/05/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Pyraedine
The amount of gold I might or might not make from JC does not change the amount of stats I get from the profession.

Then drop it End of story.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Doomclan
...you're joking, right? i'm sure you're kidding. Engineering is the worst. We're able to craft guns, which ONLY Hunters can really use now. We can make robot pets, but only one per ACCOUNT is needed. We can make bombs, yet they're situational and often don't work well with rotations. About the only things we can make is our own enchants for belts and gloves, turning them into extra trinkets, and teleporters. There's the goggles, but they'll go obsolete in or before the major patch after 5.1.

I actually dropped JC for Engineering because the synapse springs are so amazing.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
10/05/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Pyraedine

JC's didn't get epic cuts in 4.3?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/06/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Bomdanil

Those cuts actually made JC relatively worse.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
10/06/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Bomdanil

The epic cuts devalued the stat bonuses JCs got from Chimaera's Eyes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Money? In Jewelcrafting?

Psh. For about the first 6 hours of an expansion/patch. Then it's a race to see who can go as low as the vendor.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
The OP is correct, and as he stated, he's already dropped JC for Engineering, due to the better overall performance in a Raid environment.

Solutions to this problem are:
1. Switch from JC to something beneficial (which is the route the OP took)
2. Add JC-only hybrid Gems that give proportionate stats per gem (Highly unlikely this will happen)

If the argument being made is that it is ok for JC to be lacking because "it allows you to make more gold" than other professions, the same can be said for Mining, Herbalism, and Skinning. However, these three I just listed are all commonly known to be inferior to the main professions that provide stats; which perhaps is what Blizzard is intending for JC to be.

Blizzard has displayed a pattern now in regards to Jewelcrafting and their lack of care for stat balance, so it seems that JC is to be one of the "lesser" professions like Mining/Herbalism/Skinning. It is just now that the WoW community is becoming aware of this, alarmingly and frustrating to some I'm sure.

To be fair though, they did say there would be many changes coming in Mist of Pandaria.

Cheers all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://www.picsthatdontsuck.com/img/start-believing-in-troll-threads.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/05/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Mockrabbit
I like reading forums to see what someone thinks is unfair for their own personal needs. I like how the idea of the game is supposed to be tailored so that everyone, especially the person complaining, can just casually walk through it, experience the story and a few dungeons and see pretty things. I also like how everyone would then complain that the game is too easy.

Best comment so far
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]