Scammer on Darkspear

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Mage
lol
85 Blood Elf Mage
You actually downloaded something a stranger told you to download in game?

You know what, not even bothering with this post.
100 Draenei Warrior
Next time do the same thing, but then just say it didn't do anything so the addon must be broken and demand your 5k.
100 Human Warlock
You actually downloaded something a stranger told you to download in game?

You know what, not even bothering with this post.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Infestationx
Once again if they decide to ban me for warning the community than so be it. I am not removing this.

warning the community?

don't download stuff from strangers you've known for a whole 5 mins?
14 Blood Elf Priest
Why in gods name was this moved from General instead of locked or deleted?

OP, you don't like that someone broke the rules yet you're okay if you do it? Don't be that person and remove the names and photos.

Put in a ticket and wait on it. Nothing good can come of this thread.
14 Blood Elf Priest
I heard in trade that you were a scammer Infestation....see how posting that doesn't make it true?

Remove the name (I know you won't anyway...but here's hoping you do) and stick with your ticket.

Best of luck.
100 Human Paladin
10/05/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Infestationx
Once again if they decide to ban me for warning the community than so be it. I am not removing this.

Nobody said remove the post. It's good that you are posting your experience as a warning to others. But if you leave the players name in your post it could get deleted and what's the point of that?

Take the name out. Leave your story. Let Blizz go to work. And you have turned a bad experience for you into something good for others.
100 Undead Death Knight
You traded gold to someone else. Which is a perfectly legitimate thing to do in game.

Was there any IN GAME conversation where he promised anything in return for that gold?
Conversations on skype do not count because that is totally outside Blizzard's area of control.

If there was no in game promise of something for the gold then as far as Blizz is concerned, you gave the gold willingly without any expectation of something in return.

You can report it to Blizz and see what they say.
Actually there was in /2 he said 5k gold for helping him.
90 Troll Druid
You'll need to submit an in game ticket and remove his name along with the screen shots from your post. Typically if stranger asks you to get in skype and then download something, you should stop right there.
You are not going to like the response you get to your ticket. Anything that happens outside of the game is unsupported.

Sure, they can probably see that you traded money to him - all that says is that you traded money to him.
Support Forum Agent
Leave your petition open, but if this all occurred in out of game communications, we are going to be very limited in what can be done.

1. We do NOT call ANYONE out here on the forums - ever. If your account ever got compromised and someone used it for malicious purposes - you wouldn't want your character names smeared either.

2. Don't EVER just accept a program from someone and run it - ever.

3. Run, do not walk, and scan your system for malware that could have come along with the package.

You are more than welcome to leave your petition open, but know going forward - we go by what our logs show - which is ingame, typed, communications.
He is trying to leave the server right now from what I am seeing. He is selling his level 25 guild and any time I get near him he just runs away.
14 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Infestationx
He is trying to leave the server right now from what I am seeing. He is selling his level 25 guild and any time I get near him he just runs away.

And he's welcome to both leave a server and sell his guild for gold. No wrong doing there.

Also, you running after him is just unnecessary.

Move on with your life and the lesson that you've learned.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]