honestly...will MM & SV be fixed?

45 Undead Priest
like, not just the lack of damage output...

but also how boring they have become, and how undifferentiated these specs are from one another with the new talent trees...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Why not offer a solution to fix them? What would to you make it more fun?
How?
Reply Quote
45 Undead Priest
bring back MM as the only spec to get silencing shot so that it has some value in PvP, make casting aimed shot actually worth it, make widowed venom
mm only, give it a cooldown and a shorter duration and increase it to 35% reduced healing, give us increased range on masters call to compensate for the fact that ideally we shoot from 35-40 yards out and masters call is fairly worthless there...make MM the pvp spec, not by making it overpowered but by giving it the most burst and PVP utility

take the shared cooldown off of SV elemental skills...and give SV a unique trap, default lower cooldown on deterrence and disengage (as opposed to that being an option for all specs), make snake trap SV only and increase it's damage and give it a snare. make black arrow more interesting somehow, give explosive shot a special property to it (splash damage and if concussive shot is active on target it increases the slow) this should be the king of PvE dps spec and be DOT based

remove BM's readiness' ability to reset skills that are not "hunter" skills but rather "pet" skills that sit on a hunter's action bar (i.e. Kill Command)...give BM hunters more synergy with their pet, i.e. pet damage is nerfed but for every shot the hunter lands (stacks 5 times) the hunters pet gains strength, this fixes the issue that a BM hunter can essentially pillar hug and send their pet off to *##%@@%% people. this should be somewhere inbetween, useful in PvP but lacks burst and useful in PvE but relies on cooldown management rather than the dot management of SV

oh and kill shot, maybe it could actually kill something once in awhile

look these are probably horrible ideas, but at least they are ideas...what do you have in mind?
Edited by Stoyaa on 10/5/2012 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/05/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Stoyaa
ook these are probably horrible ideas, but at least they are ideas...what do you have in mind?

I'm not being critical or disagreeing (Although I do like SV right now)
I'm just saying its better to come w/ ideas and thoughts then just saying "This isn't fun"
"This isn't fun but here are some things that might help" comes across better.
Reply Quote
Reduce the Readiness CD to 3 min for MM like it was before the patch.
Make the old Glyph of Concussive Shot baseline MM ability.
..etc etc...

I'd put more effort into it, but I've already made all these suggestions (and more) so many times. They are doubtless drowned out by all the other complaints and imbalances. Let's be realistic: if hunters get anything, it will be an across-the-board nerf, intended to fix BM's broken burst. Besides, Blizzard is busy perfecting the innovative feature that will forever change the face of MMOs and make all others obsolete: pet battles. You wouldn't want to distract them from that, would you?
Reply Quote
45 Undead Priest
10/05/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Eponine
bring back MM as the only spec to get silencing shot so that it has some value in PvP

No, bad idea. Hunters are a physical DPS class, honestly silencing shot should be baseline and intimidation or entrapment a talent in its place. Keep in mind that we must consider both PVE and PVP and having to swap to MM for, say, Alysrazor just for the interrupt was silly.

make casting aimed shot actually worth it

Yes, it's sad how little it hits for when the target's not above 90% health. Careful aim should be brought back to 80% as well.

make widowed venom
mm only, give it a cooldown and a shorter duration and increase it to 35% reduced healing

It's already a pathetic 10s (or so, can't remember if that's the exact number) in PvP, and it's already not worth the focus cost most of the time. They're also trying to homogenize PVP effects among the classes (like all slows are now 50% except shiv'd crippling poison) so there's no way they're going to increase the healing reduction. Our MS needs to be baked into an actual ability though, and not be a separate thing. That would save us one keybind too.

give us increased range on masters call to compensate for the fact that ideally we shoot from 35-40 yards out and masters call is fairly worthless there...

Well, MM hunters generally kept pets on passive and sent it out if a grounding needed to be eaten or the target was out of range of bad manner or to chase somebody out of LOS/range, etc., so... I don't think this is necessary, and master's call was definitely not worthless lol

take the shared cooldown off of SV elemental skills...and give SV a unique trap, default lower cooldown on deterrence and disengage (as opposed to that being an option for all specs), make snake trap SV only and increase it's damage and give it a snare.

Yes to everything except snake trap, it already has entrapment

remove BM's readiness' ability to reset skills that are not "hunter" skills but rather "pet" skills that sit on a hunter's action bar (i.e. Kill Command)

Kill command is fine, what shouldn't be on readiness is BW or lynx rush. That's also going to affect PVE though, so I don't know how to balance that. As broken as BM is right now, the spec also needs some pet tweaking; pets are way too squishy vs. magic. When people start getting more crit, speccing ferocity over cunning will no longer be an option, so no instant rez.

oh and kill shot, maybe it could actually kill something once in awhile

Yeah the double kill shot thing is stupid, half the time it doesn't reset even though the enemy didn't die... Just double its damage and make it hit one time.

i sort of see your points on all of these things except SS as baseline. SS should be MM exclusive.

the point is that playing a hunter as anything other than BM right now is not very much fun, and in PvP it's downright masochistic.
Reply Quote
45 Undead Priest
Reduce the Readiness CD to 3 min for MM like it was before the patch.
Make the old Glyph of Concussive Shot baseline MM ability.
..etc etc...

I'd put more effort into it, but I've already made all these suggestions (and more) so many times. They are doubtless drowned out by all the other complaints and imbalances. Let's be realistic: if hunters get anything, it will be an across-the-board nerf, intended to fix BM's broken burst. Besides, Blizzard is busy perfecting the innovative feature that will forever change the face of MMOs and make all others obsolete: pet battles. You wouldn't want to distract them from that, would you?

this...though they will probably increase the readiness cooldown to nerf BM faceroll -> readiness -> repeat faceroll

and if they do that, i'll probably leave my hunter forever loolololl
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Hunter
I have been playing MM in pvp the last 3 days. The damage is comparable to BM but aim shot needs a slight buff. Also widow venom should be tied into arcane shot or something because it definitely is not worth the focus cost half the time.

Overall the play feels very smooth with master marks proccing aim shot on third instead of 5th stack. Only complaint again is aim shot not doing enough damage. In some situations arcane shot hits for more which should never happen.
Reply Quote
45 Undead Priest
I have been playing MM in pvp the last 3 days. The damage is comparable to BM but aim shot needs a slight buff. Also widow venom should be tied into arcane shot or something because it definitely is not worth the focus cost half the time.

Overall the play feels very smooth with master marks proccing aim shot on third instead of 5th stack. Only complaint again is aim shot not doing enough damage. In some situations arcane shot hits for more which should never happen.

LOL you are doing BM wrong if you are getting equivalent dps out of MM in PvP. BM is arguably one of the most powerful DPS PvP specs, and MM is arguably one of the weakest...
Reply Quote
45 Undead Priest

LOL you are doing BM wrong if you are getting equivalent dps out of MM in PvP. BM is arguably one of the most powerful DPS PvP specs, and MM is arguably one of the weakest...

No not really, if you take TotT MM does very pretty nice sustained damage. The problem is burst is the only thing that matters atm, and BM is much, much better in that aspect.

I'm sorry TotT? Throne of the Tides? Tricks of the trade? Do you mean TotH? Does anyone actually run without TotH? Our sustained damage is pretty meh compared to the likes of a Shadow Priest LOLOLOL. "pretty nice" is a "pretty nice" way of saying pretty !@#$ty in comparison to pretty much every other sustained dps class. nt tho
Edited by Stoyaa on 10/5/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Hunter
BM does great burst but sustained is lacking in comparison to MM in battlegrounds. Also BM burst with multiple targets around is pretty meh because lynx rush swaps the targets and if you kill command while in lynx rush it hits whatever. In pve BM hands down im showing 5k dps difference between the two specs on the dummy. If your showing completely lopsided numbers in favor of BM over MM you are clearly playing mm incorrectly.
Edited by Ztr on 10/5/2012 8:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I did more damage with kill shot at 80 than I did in cata and current
It was 286% back then
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Hunter
On another note i think casting steady shot and cobra shot while moving should be in every aspect
Reply Quote
45 Undead Priest
10/05/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Ztr
BM does great burst but sustained is lacking in comparison to MM in battlegrounds. Also BM burst with multiple targets around is pretty meh because lynx rush swaps the targets and if you kill command while in lynx rush it hits whatever. In pve BM hands down im showing 5k dps difference between the two specs on the dummy. If your showing completely lopsided numbers in favor of BM over MM you are clearly playing mm incorrectly.

psh MM rapes BM in bgs if you get lucky enough to be ignored.

lets talk arenas bro. step into the arena with a MM hunter in 2's and tell me how it goes and how the DPS compares to BM. gg
Edited by Stoyaa on 10/5/2012 8:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Hunter
Since when does 2v2 arena justify anything bro... the game is balanced around 3v3 im sorry you got !@#$ on in 2's when a bm hunter used every cd he has in the first 30 seconds.... survive the initial 30 second burst and the bm is garbage for a few mins.
Reply Quote
45 Undead Priest
10/05/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Ztr
Since when does 2v2 arena justify anything bro... the game is balanced around 3v3 im sorry you got !@#$ on in 2's when a bm hunter used every cd he has in the first 30 seconds.... survive the initial 30 second burst and the bm is garbage for a few mins.

alright take a marskman hunter in 3s

oh wait. no legitimate comp consists of a marksman hunter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]