honestly...will MM & SV be fixed?

32 Orc Shaman
Maybe make Readiness MM only and buff Chimera shot's damage and/or healing
Edited by Thunderspike on 10/5/2012 10:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Marks is likely still going to be our high end play and tournament play spec due to having consistant damage and more frequent, albiet lower, burst windows. Beast is an "all or nothing" spec Once more people adopt the "murder the squishy as hell pet" strategy, Beast will be falling off. It has a lot of burst but that burst can also be countered in a way that shuts down the entirety of its mechanics.

Survival has high zone control and area harassment which lead it to be more of a RBG spec than arena. Not every spec is going to be a competitive arena option.
Reply Quote
45 Undead Priest
Marks is likely still going to be our high end play and tournament play spec due to having consistant damage and more frequent, albiet lower, burst windows. Beast is an "all or nothing" spec Once more people adopt the "murder the squishy as hell pet" strategy, Beast will be falling off. It has a lot of burst but that burst can also be countered in a way that shuts down the entirety of its mechanics.

Survival has high zone control and area harassment which lead it to be more of a RBG spec than arena. Not every spec is going to be a competitive arena option.

no, just no.

murder the big red pet has been the strategy since like the beginning of time.

........ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY JUST MURDER THE BIG RED PET....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
im showing 5k dps difference between the two specs on the dummy

I haven't played around with the dummies since MoP hit, but, if their health still doesn't decrease, Careful Aim is messing up your numbers and you'll be doing much higher DPS from the extra crits than you would in an actual PvE situation.

That being said, MM is really low. Survival is low. BM has high burst but is still low. I think calling for buffs this early in the expansion is a bit ridiculous, but if any of the specs are going to be buffed, it should be MM.
Reply Quote
Hunters have often (if not always) suffered from this weird syndrome of ''it's all the same''. For some reason we can't get a frost or fire or arcane spec (unique identities) , we have these support specs that simply change how our baseline abilities work. I guess that could be called flavor for some , lack of variety for others.

I'd love for all three specs to be completely different but i'd settle for a small dose of relevance for now. All three specs are doing crap dps with BM having somewhat of a little niche for 5 mens (short fights) and surv for aoe. Both more or less irrelevant niches. Raid sims are looking atrocious. Who knows , maybe blizz has a bunch of super movement heavy encounters in store for us! derp.
Edited by Tigidou on 10/6/2012 6:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]