any tips for onyxia 10?

80 Human Warlock
Looking for tips for warlock soloing onyxia 10. I just ask because I'm pretty cold on warlocks and there seems to be a lot of new mechanics.

Which spec?
If demon, meta or apoth?
Tank it myself or use a demon tank?

Basically have a myriad of challenges in the fight to tank the boss itself in 2 phases while in phase 2 outputting good ranged damage and handling aoe on continuously spawning whelps
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
When i did it i used the upgraded VW in demon spec. Do not use apoth until the whelps come out, at which point it is an aoe race. Have your pet just tank the big adds on the edge of your aoe. I personally did not really care for ony in p2, as long as you dodge her breath she will die.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
just did it using apoth with soul link+GoSac with Harvest Life

My health did not go below 90% and everything died with ease. I am also soloing naxx, BT, and a handful of other instances. May get ballsy and do some Cata stuff as well later.
Edited by Rahl on 10/5/2012 10:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
It's pretty easy. I use dark apotheosis with the voidlord.
I kill the whelps as soon as they appear, have the voidlord tank the larger dragons, and just dps onyxia in between.

You can also put the gateway down so you can get to her quicker when she flies to the other end of the lair, but you don't really need to.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]