Living Stell belt buckles

90 Tauren Paladin
Why the heck do they need to be made of living steel. I see no reason for this at all. All they do is give one socket. I understand you dont want them to be made with common ore like in cata. But why can we use the rare ore to make it like in Lich King. I just dont see any reason that it is made with living steel. I mean six bars of trillium for a belt buckle just makes no sense. Please explain this to me because i just dont understand your reason behind just a minor upgrade to a belt.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It is certainly more expensive. Probably intended to limit the supply and make it more valuable.

BTW, so are the wpn chains.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
probably the same reason goggles use living steel

to make us poor
Reply Quote
95 Gnome Warlock
It was brought up that this is an issue during the beta due to the limitations in supply for the living steel, and Blizzard did nothing about it.

Even making it so they require trillium instead would have been enough of a change.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Just don't use belt buckles and let them nerf the raids so you don't need em.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Gold sinks
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
VS
Problem? Trillium is not exactly hard to find. Just put a little effort into it and you can find a stack of black and white ore.
Reply Quote
97 Tauren Druid
If they used something cheaper or more accessible then the blacksmiths likely wouldn't make as much from it, which would make professions less worthwhile.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 12:11 AMPosted by Azivalla
Problem? Trillium is not exactly hard to find. Just put a little effort into it and you can find a stack of black and white ore.

Not everyone has the time to run around townlong and look for black and white trillium or farm spirits to purchase it. lol.

@OP. The cost of the buckle is outrageous. Your best bet is to just find an alchemist friend that will do the xmutes for you.

120 ghost iron ore = 60 ghost iron bars = 6 trillium bars = 1 living steel

If you can find a xmute master, you may even make additional trillium bars or living steel.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
You can transmute trillium and to compare to before that should have been the cost. Not living steel.

That's ridiculous for just a belt buckle.

Ya, thats so expensive. I mean, considering how often you have to get one right. Ha, I mean, 1 or 2 at most each tier. Such a burden on ones wallet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Living steel is, when compared to its counterpart in other expansions, not that expensive.

It requires 120 ghost iron ore and one alchemist.

6 Trilium transmutes (no CD)
1 Living Steel transmute (resets at midnight)

There are no fancy mats, only ore.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
The mats aren't what's driving the price, it's the limited cooldown on the living steel itself.

The ore is going for 120g a stack on Zul'jin, so you're looking at 720 in mats. The cheapest belt buckle on the AH is 1800g.

I'm not hurting for gold, but 1800g is painful for a single prismatic gem slot.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/06/2012 12:09 AMPosted by Berskowski
Gold sinks
No, this is not a gold sink. A gold sink removes gold from the game by giving it to an NPC, thus destroying it. Belt buckles are a transfer of wealth between players, so no gold is lost.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/06/2012 12:11 AMPosted by Azivalla

There is ghost iron EVERYWHERE. It's not hard to get trillium bars.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Why do you need one so badly? In the end its a small stat boost. Just save your money till you get longer lasting gear. I don't see the need to get an extra socket for a green or blue
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]