Tank DPS.... Hmm...

91 Worgen Hunter
Druid tank, 88K DPS

DK Tank 82K DPS

All 3 DPS in each group were between 30-35K DPS.....

What the heck?

Did you beta test MoP?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Vengeance + AOE for the most part. They're using swipe, lacerate, dnd, pestilence etc. With BOATLOADS of vengeance on.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Hunter
really?

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

UY#H#H#h3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
really?

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

UY#H#H#h3

Sorry you're butt hurt about being outdpsed by the tanks. Maybe you should get better. Tried to be nice, but I'm done with that. You're on your own.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Sounds like there's a problem with the DPS. DPS in most of the randoms I've done are 45k plus and tanks only have the high DPS on the AoE trash packs, it drops down considerably on boss fights.

But then you're welcome to go roll a tank if you think you can't hack being a hunter in MoP.
Reply Quote
95 Gnome Warlock
Druid tank, 88K DPS

DK Tank 82K DPS

All 3 DPS in each group were between 30-35K DPS.....

What the heck?

Did you beta test MoP?

30-35k DPS in heroic capable gear is stupidly low considering it's the lower end of where DPS was in 397, or lower, gear. Learn your class -> stop getting beaten by tanks in 5 mans.
Edited by Bomdanil on 10/6/2012 3:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
I accidentally a double pull in a dungeon earlier today-- mistook two sha packs in Shado-Pan for one. I survived, and at one point I had 40k attack power from vengeance. My base attack power is 11k.

Yes, between that and my slightly OP weapon (Spear of Xuen*) I did as much DPS as the rest of the party combined in that pull. However, on bosses, the ret paladin was beating me cleanly and the warrior was very close.

*Yes, I know it has agility. The weapon's base DPS is so much higher than anything else I have access to right now that it's still worth using.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
High tank dps is bad? If they are holding aggro just fine then whats really wrong?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
10/06/2012 12:47 AMPosted by Joynal
Sounds like there's a problem with the DPS.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu%27shan_Vaults/dps/

I'm counting 12 Blood DKs, 8 prot paladins, and 1 prot warrior on the front page of 10m (21/60 top 10 DPS parses) and 16 Blood DKs, 6 prot paladins, 5 Brewmasters, 3 prot warriors, and 2 Guardians on the front page of 25m (32/60 top 10 DPS parses). Tanks are represented in the top 10 on every fight except for Gara'Jal 10, and blood DKs are represented in the top 10 more than any DPS spec. Affliction warlocks are the closest with 11 top-10 ranks on 10m and 8 on 25m.

DPS are entirely justified in believing that there's something 'off' about tank damage.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
They need it to carry bad dps who can't out-damage them
Reply Quote
94 Night Elf Druid
I pull 55-65k dps in feral depending on the length of the boss fight and mechanics, as guardian I pull around 40-50k. This is in 5 mans, not sure what I'd pull in the raids since I haven't entered one yet. Next week I guess.

Aoe very few dps can pull close to my dps, those who can are the good players.

I think to many people are trying to play like this is cata still.

Taret dummies are your friend, hit cap+expertise and proper rotation + cd use is vital.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/06/2012 12:47 AMPosted by Bomdanil
30-35k DPS

I can maintain around 50k-70k AoE and 30k-38k Single Target with my gear. Guessing I'm okay?
Edited by Jeremy on 10/6/2012 1:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Tank dps is very high due to two things.

1) Vengeance can reach much higher amounts than it has before. (Especially this, I've seen numbers nearing 20k additional AP which is absurd.)
2) At low gear levels tanks don't have nearly as much dodge, block, parry or armor, thus they take a LOT more unmitigated damage. Unmitigated damage = more vengeance = more damage.

Once gear levels go up tank damage won't increase nearly as much as dps damage does.

Anyway, AoE trash packs, it's normal for dps to lose to tanks depending on class, spec and whether or not you are AoEing or focusing down a specific add. On a boss, if you as a dps lose to a tank, you're bad. It's no far stretch to beat a tank in single target dps as long as you're using your rotation correctly, and using cooldowns properly. ESPECIALLY in five mans. Some raid fights have weird mechanics (Feng) where tanks will do a lot of damage (our blood dk did something like 90k when we downed him)
Edited by Shelldoor on 10/6/2012 1:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
10/06/2012 01:08 AMPosted by Samanthya
Taret dummies are your friend, hit cap+expertise and proper rotation + cd use is vital.
CDs? Really?

If DPS have to pull CDs out their behind to come up to tank DPS something's wonky.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
A monk tank we had earlier was doing over 100k on trash and about 60k on bosses in mostly normal dungeon blues.

I know that technically more damage is always good, but it's usually been the balance that tanks should be doing less damage than the DPS, doing enough damage to maintain threat, but not overshadowing DPS even in single target fights.
Edited by Vintorez on 10/6/2012 1:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
30-35k DPS in heroic capable gear is stupidly low. Learn your class -> stop getting beaten by tanks in 5 mans.

I can do this much DPS at level 85, what the heck are you fails doing at 90 using 2x my gear doing?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
10/06/2012 01:11 AMPosted by Shelldoor
Once gear levels go up tank damage won't increase nearly as much as dps damage does.

Yet as your gear level increases, so does your health bar, therefore so does the amount of Vengeance you can stack up per battle. Your damage increases anyways.

10/06/2012 01:35 AMPosted by Downlo
While as far as the group goes - more DPS the better, one has to ask, if a tank can routinely beat a DPS class that has relatively the same gear and skill, then what's the point of a DPS class? Just queue with 1 healer, and 4 tanks.

This would never work.
Edited by Bretherezen on 10/6/2012 1:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
10/06/2012 01:36 AMPosted by Bretherezen
This would never work.

All of those tanks would have to be taking damage to get that kind of vengeance to do that kind of damage, and one healer might have issues keeping all four up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]