Sha of anger loot

So, Today i killed the sha of anger expecting some fore of loot for my effots, i instead got 26 gold. i could do a single daily and i would get more gold and some valor, and it takes less time. Why blizz?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sha works like LFR - everyone in the raid gets a 4% chance of getting class specific loot. Personally, I got my T14 legs, so I definitely love the Sha. Pretty sure no daily offers you a 4% chance of getting 496 epics.

For extra luck, take an elder's coin of chance for a second roll.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Did you loot the quest item that you can turn in for epic boots? Claw of the Sha or something.
Edited by Nihthraefn on 10/6/2012 6:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
72 Tauren Paladin
Did you also complain every time you did Vault or BH when you didn't win something and got even less gold?

Also in a majority of circumstances those boots are garbage due to the fact that despite being epic they lack a socket that most heroic boots of a lower ilevel have therefore making them inferior choices aside from a personal insistence on purple text meaning an item is better.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
0/10 was not trolled.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/06/2012 02:51 AMPosted by Totembro
So, Today i killed the sha of anger expecting some fore of loot for my effots, i instead got 26 gold. i could do a single daily and i would get more gold and some valor, and it takes less time. Why blizz?

Derpity derp derp derping.

Do your research. Sha loot system is the LFR loot system.

And even if it wasn't, loot is never guaranteed in this game.
Edited by Hyjinx on 10/6/2012 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Should have killed the Sha of Entitlement, he always drops the loot you want.
Reply Quote
Did you also complain every time you did Vault or BH when you didn't win something and got even less gold?

Also in a majority of circumstances those boots are garbage due to the fact that despite being epic they lack a socket that most heroic boots of a lower ilevel have therefore making them inferior choices aside from a personal insistence on purple text meaning an item is better.

They're better than the quest greens I had.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Rogue
Sha works like LFR - everyone in the raid gets a 4% chance of getting class specific loot. Personally, I got my T14 legs, so I definitely love the Sha. Pretty sure no daily offers you a 4% chance of getting 496 epics.

When did they say 4% chance at loot in the new system? Historically 25 mans have had a 12% (or more) chance at loot averaged, per person. Considering legendary weapons from Molten Core have nearly a 4% drop rate....it seems a little low to me.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Priest
I'm trying to think of an encounter that guarantees every participant loot beyond gold or some other trivial item for a better idea as to what this might be based on, but I can't think of one at the moment.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

When did they say 4% chance at loot in the new system? Historically 25 mans have had a 12% (or more) chance at loot averaged, per person. Considering legendary weapons from Molten Core have nearly a 4% drop rate....it seems a little low to me.

ideally the 4% comes from this.

25 people in the raid, 100% divided by 25 people=4% chance per person that they will win.

however most groups that do Sha are actually 40 man raids, so really your chances at winning are 2.5%.

math is hard
Edited by Salloreon on 10/8/2012 8:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
ideally the 4% comes from this.

25 people in the raid, 100% divided by 25 people=4% chance per person that they will win.

however most groups that do Sha are actually 40 man raids, so really your chances at winning are 2.5%.

math is hard

But the math is still wrong, if only 1 person could get the piece of gear then it would be right, but multiple people can get the gear
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
You are all incorrect really (from talking to a lot of people). There is no % chance based on the number of people in the group. Like 5 people does not mean all 5 will get loot. Everyone has a seperate chance of getting loot. I've seen as many as 10 people post items that they got and as little as 4 which leads to believe the everyone has their own loot. It works just like using a coin where you get a chance when you use it. You have a chance at getting loot.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Whether you win or lose has nothing to do with whether anyone else wins or loses.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You should have gotten a quest item permitting you to get boots. Learn to loot the boss.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]