Duplicate account names

91 Undead Warlock
I added a new WoW Battle Chest license to my Battle.net account. The game is insisting it is a starter account. Under the upgrade or play trial window you can see that it is a WotKL level account. I suspect the problem maybe related to the fact the the name used WoW2 is a duplicate of a PTR account name already in my Battle.net account.

I tried upgrading the license to Cataclysm using an old unused physical copy I had to fix but it but rejects the upgrade because it is in the process of upgrading the account.

The Battle Chest license was not an upgrade from anything so I am not sure what is going on.

What do I do now?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Whenever you start a new account and pay for it online, it takes up to 72 hours before all trial restrictions are removed to give your bank time to finalize the payment and actually send the money they took from your account to Blizzard.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
10/06/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Flatspriest
Whenever you start a new account and pay for it online, it takes up to 72 hours before all trial restrictions are removed to give your bank time to finalize the payment and actually send the money they took from your account to Blizzard.

While this is true, the problem here is that a retail upgrade cannot be applied while an electronic upgrade is in progress - because the retail upgrade cannot fail (or if it does, it won't affect your account), but the electronic upgrade could. This would leave the account in a very strange position where the base game wouldn't be unlocked - but an expansion would. To prevent this from happening, you'll need to wait until the electronic upgrade has processed before applying the retail Cata key.
"Shhh. My common sense is tingling." -- Wade Wilson
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]