Turalyon and Alleria

90 Human Death Knight
Hey, just wanted to ask the forum, I heard a rumor in trade that they were coming back, supposedly Metzen said that they had some plans for them, and perhaps the tip on the loading screen is perhaps foreshadowing? Thanks for whoever can answer. :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
The next expansion has been heavily hinted to to be a Legion expansion. look for them there.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
10/06/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Malodin
The next expansion has been heavily hinted to to be a Legion expansion. look for them there.

And this expansion was hinted to be an Emerald Dream expansion. Take those hints with as much salt as you care to.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/06/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Gibbons

And this expansion was hinted to be an Emerald Dream expansion. Take those hints with as much salt as you care to.

Watch it be the South Seas or something like that.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS

With Metzen wanting them to appear in the next xpac ( I believe thats what he said) and the little hints from Wrathion and his magic showing what appears to be fel energy bombarding azeroth. I would say the chances are good that the next xpac will be legion themed.

SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
Edited by Sevris on 10/7/2012 12:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
In regards to the tip on the loading screen, that has been there for a while. But, I would love to see this Windrunner sister alive and well to make her sister Varessa not be quite so alone now that Rohnin is dead.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/07/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Sardre
In regards to the tip on the loading screen, that has been there for a while. But, I would love to see this Windrunner sister alive and well to make her sister Varessa not be quite so alone now that Rohnin is dead.

I want to see the reaction of Alleria to Sylvanas. Either it will be tragic, or lulzy.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I would think Alerria would be angry, ashamed and maybe even try to kill her to end her misery, thus placing a High Elf on the side of the Alliance.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
With Turalyon coming back, I'm not going to be surprised if Metzen was being squirrely and Sargeras is finally involved in the story once again starting with the next expansion. According to Chris Robinson, they want to start developing future lore seeds live in game multiple years in advance, so it's due time to get started on that I'd say. I also won't be surprised to see Illidan returning in the next expansion upon thinking about it more. It seemed like fan service overload the last time I talked about this, but they all are too connected thematically and it would sort of squander something grand that's been in the making for many years.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/10/2012 04:58 AMPosted by Sardre
I would think Alerria would be angry, ashamed and maybe even try to kill her to end her misery, thus placing a High Elf on the side of the Alliance.

If High Elves ever became a playable race she could be the leader possibly.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
10/10/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Gollard
If High Elves ever became a playable race she could be the leader possibly.

There are a number of possibilities that could make this more readily viable. For example, if the High Elves accept their fate to die out in time, it seems plausible many would acknowledge Half-Elves would be their legacy. That being the case, Alleria is the mother of one of the few widely accepted Half-Elves in existence; Arator the Redeemer.

It'd be interesting to see how the High Elves plan out their final pages in Azeroth's History, especially in regards for setting up a future for their children. Certainly it'd place them a step even further away from the Blood Elves, and more interestingly, would open up the possibility of a new story-arc for the Alliance, in which a new member-state forms within the Alliance itself, forced to seek out a home and to establish its own formal kingdom.

Personally, I vote for Stranglethorn Vale.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm fine with Turalyon coming back, but remember Alleria after the orcs burned Quel'Thalas? I can't imagine how much complaining she would do when she finds out what Arthas did.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Necro and....ummm...by a DK....
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
As I said in another post... I'd be really afraid to see Alleria return as a Neutral Character. I mean, i've been through that when Malfurion came from the dream only to surprise me with his "I'm neutral, go handle your night elven problems on your own" attitude.

Hope Alleria gets a better fate.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
Dat neutrality.....I f%$^ing hate this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I honestly wish they'd do something with Arator the Redeemer. He is the legacy of one of the last original Knights of the Silver Hand, and has the potential to return alot of the "paladin" feel and tradition to the Alliance (which seems to have been palmed off to the Horde for some reason).

Personally, I'd like it if he Returned to Stormwind and took up leadership of the non-draenei paladins (whose leader should be Maraad), either by rebooting the Order of the Silver Hand or founding a new Order. He should be our Liadrin, Aponi, or Maraad.

Also, I want to know when the hell Alleria had time to pop him out, what with hunting orcs and getting lost in space/time.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
I think the argent crusade steals all the paladin (and human) culture and makes it neutral. Just like the CC steals all the night elf culture and makes it neutral. Nothing really has an alliance feeling to it anymore. Maybe dwarf stuff idk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Healstime
I think the argent crusade steals all the paladin (and human) culture and makes it neutral. Just like the CC steals all the night elf culture and makes it neutral. Nothing really has an alliance feeling to it anymore. Maybe dwarf stuff idk.

Its funny actually. The Horde actually has better paladin lore than the Alliance, which is where the Paladin tradition was supposed to be founded. Both the Blood Knights and Sunwalkers have better background, more flavor, and more attention given to them than either the Hand of Argus or the Order of the Silver Hand (if it still exists).

The Hand of Argus, for the most part, is there, but receives very little acknowledgement or attention (like the Whole Draenei Race). Hell, they don't even have their own lvl 20 or 50 class quests, sharing the same quest and rewards as Human and Dwarf paladins. This is in stark contrast to the Blood elf and Tauren paladin quests, who receive their own unique quests and rewards. The Lion's Landing Vindicators (wearing Crystalforge and wielding Hammers of the Naaru) were a step in the right direction, however. At least they are seen DOING something. What would be awesome is if Vindicator Maraad (arguably the most recognized Draenei paladin in lore) would actually come to Pandaria and help Operation:Shieldwall.

The Order of the Silver Hand arguably has it even worse. I don't think anyone (even the Cdevs) really know if the Order is still even an Active Alliance organization or if its now defunct. For all intents and purposes, Human and Dwarf paladins don't even have an Organization. We kind of just are.... there. We are generic, undefined, flavorless. The Argent Crusade has stolen all of our lore and left us with nothing. It'd be great if Blizzard actually did something with the Human and Dwarf paladins, like show if Human and Dwarf paladins are members of a Order of the Silver Hand that is active and independent from the Argent Crusade. If it isnt, they should really establish a new Order for us, give it a leader, and let them DO something. I really can't think of any paladin Alliance aligned Human or Dwarf paladin that has actually been memorable without being comedic relief.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
There are so many problems with alliance, and they seem to think that making Varian warchief of the alliance will fix any of it. They don't really like going back and fixing things I did like the flavor of the new base, I'll say that much, other than that my opinion of their CDev team, with regards to alliance actually feeling like the alliance, is very low.

I mean aside from a dwarf being a dwarf or a human being a human their cultures now just seem so sterile and completely unexplored in the MMO. Night elves as well, they are basically just purple humans now (Draenei and worgen don't exists, and gnomes are only there to build crazy contraptions).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I agree with you. They've stripped so many of our themes away it almost feels like we aren't playing in the same universe as previous warcraft games.

Human and Dwarf paladins are barely seem, and no one knows what order they are part of. The Church of light is doing pretty much nothing, despite their leader having gone bat!@#$ crazy and betrayed them. The whole "Knights and Feudalism" them has gone out the window. I will say I am some what pleased with Dalaran being ambiguously alliance loyal now, but even that is pretty up in the air (hey, pun) as they havent really done jack. We've become basically the red shirts of the Alliance, with Varian being the big band aid for Alliance lore.

Night Elves are a bunch of bimbos and hippies. If it doesnt have anything to do with looking sexy or hugging trees, Night Elves won't be there.

Gnomes are still crazy technophiles. At least they stick to their big "theme", but it'd be nice to see more as mages or rogues rather than just grease monkeys and technicians.

Dwarves at least have some of their own flavor, even though its usually tied to either the Titans or beer. I must say, I liked Twilight Highlands for the Wildhammer lore, however.

Worgen and Draenei don't do jack. Period. Sure there are a few around, but really? Neither of these races are actually active or present in Alliance politics or military.
Edited by Arieus on 12/10/2012 10:01 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]