Disc is GUTTED -- This must be fixed NOW.

90 Human Paladin
If by move up somewhat you mean be competitive with other healers in total output (I do 10mans just for a reference point) while also doing a bunch of free damage, then I agree!

Discipline regen scales incredibly well with spirit - much better than the other healers as rapture on cd roughly doubles the spirit -> mp5 conversion. Most of the "help me I'm running OOM" problems are temporary. I've already started flasking / eating int food on my priest, but that's also because even in a mana limited environment the correct strategy is not always "get more spirit" - in some cases it is to get more intellect (when taken at a 1:1 ratio with spirit) so that you don't have to cast as frequently as your heals are more powerful - and by extension also more efficient.

Also, both Stone Guards heroic and Gara'jal (normal and heroic) have mechanics that greatly increase your mana regeneration. Mana shouldn't really be a big issue on either of those fights.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Heroic Stone Guard 25
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-37w8vkhljhfj29gu/sum/healingDone/?s=4224&e=4661

Feng the Accursed 25
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wdm08n2cggte1vvr/sum/healingDone/?s=638&e=1045

Gara'jal 25
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wdm08n2cggte1vvr/sum/healingDone/?s=2041&e=2348

Elegon 25
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uvqgjmz8r5g3hlfg/sum/healingDone/?s=4894&e=5447

My logs from tonight. Disc is absolutely fine, if not the most absurdly powerful spec in 25 man raiding. If you're not taking into account the damage that a discipline priest puts out, you're not understanding the design at all.

Just stop ok?! You are much better geared than the others and STILL behind in heals. How do you dare to say DPriest is fine? Stop the bull!@#$ talk. And btw we received a bandaid overnight (25% to PoH) and archangel is now affecting spirit shell. So just stop !@#$in with us all.

I only pulled the first log that was linked but I did laugh miserably afterwards. Is nobody else bothered by the fact that this priest did that much healing by doing nothing but Atonement and popping shields? Not a single PoM, PoH or SS used. 3% of total healing done by a level 90 talent.

Disc is not broken just in terms of HPS, because you are right, part of playing and understanding the class is realizing how much extra dmg is being done. Broken because if you try to utilize 3 other main parts of your spell book, you suffer for it.

AA and SS now stacking is an improvement but not a spec fix. Or maybe this is as good as its going to get. Perhaps this is Blizzard's way of saying atonement is exactly all they want for disc.

Either way, I've gone holy for now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Maiha
AA and SS now stacking is an improvement but not a spec fix. Or maybe this is as good as its going to get. Perhaps this is Blizzard's way of saying atonement is exactly all they want for disc.

The 25% PoH/PoM buff along with the AA fix seems to have fixed a lot of the issues in 25m settings. The lack of a smart heal still upsets me but other than that we seem to be able to compete with the other healing classes now.
Edited by Dasaq on 10/12/2012 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I only pulled the first log that was linked but I did laugh miserably afterwards. Is nobody else bothered by the fact that this priest did that much healing by doing nothing but Atonement and popping shields? Not a single PoM, PoH or SS used. 3% of total healing done by a level 90 talent.

Disc is not broken just in terms of HPS, because you are right, part of playing and understanding the class is realizing how much extra dmg is being done. Broken because if you try to utilize 3 other main parts of your spell book, you suffer for it.

This right here. We shouldn't be given spec-specific signature abilities and then punished for using them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

This right here. We shouldn't be given spec-specific signature abilities and then punished for using them.

It's heroic Stone Guard. You can't use that as an example. The damage multipliers in that fight just makes atonement that much more hax. It's the same as heroic majordomo in firelands. Any disc would be STOOPID not to abuse that mechanic in their favour.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]