i don't know if i can do it man!

90 Pandaren Monk
i just don't wanna level....this is torture. i wanna do the new content but i have to wade through cata low level stuff and outlands/northrend. how did you guys level new monks to 90 without pulling your hair out?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
5mans.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Recruit a friend level granting from a toon leveled with heirlooms. That's how I did it. As it was going through all of the cata stuff was murder.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Then don't level

it's not like anyone is forcing you
Reply Quote
i leveled to 85 and i dont wana do the new zones lol
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
Enlightenment buff.

Grab it, grab heirlooms, nuke quests or dungeons for an hour.

Log out, wait for the next day, repeat.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Enlightenment buff.

This

Collect a whole crap ton of quest to turn in, get buff, turn in.

Zoooooom
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Dungeon grind man! You can do it!

I had this same feeling around lvl 83ish(no RAF)....started questing in Deepholm and said eff this. Went both Brew and Mistweaver and chain dungeon ran to 85. Dual queueing as heals and tank made it super fast.

I also wanted the heirloom legs so i politely nudged my guild (read kept nagging them in Mumble) to get their professions done so I could get them and we got server first :) As soon as I got the legs I rolled this guy.

3 days 4hrs played so far...not fast and not slow but steady. MoP leveling REQUIRES questing so it's gonna be a bit of a chore for me, but I'll be there by next weekend.
Edited by Kanzentai on 10/7/2012 6:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
59 Pandaren Monk
I "wade through it" by doing it Alliance side. So far, I've only really leveled up Horde side. It's actually kinda nice, experiencing things on "the other side of the fence."

Plus, this whole expansion is supposed to be about the Horde vs Alliance war, so I kinda need to see it from both sides.

*edit* And I'm doing this with no heirlooms and even by deleting my monk EXP buff whenever I get it from class quests. I'm here to see the story. Guess there's an advantage to being a Role Player.
Edited by Yinyum on 10/7/2012 6:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 01:31 AMPosted by Springrolls
i just don't wanna level....this is torture. i wanna do the new content but i have to wade through cata low level stuff and outlands/northrend. how did you guys level new monks to 90 without pulling your hair out?

Much like pulling out a tooth, I leveled fast enough to not feel the pain.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
1-85 in 1 day 19 hours no raf just questing and large pulls as BM, took about another 29 hours to reach lvl 90 and max my profs, lvling is not hard =/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Panda

Much like pulling out a tooth, I leveled fast enough to not feel the pain.

So many times this.

Between Enlightenment, Heirlooms, and knowing the paths in my sleep, I vegged out, listened to some distracting things, and plowed on. I already have two accounts, buying a third and spending a few weeks leveling a few toons to RAF my way to 80 would just have been silly, and cost me more in time if I didn't spend more money on dual boxing software.

As it stands, I think I was the first monk on my server to ding w/o using RAF, and I beat a lot of RAFd monks.

I knew going into it that this would be my class, though, so I knew I didn't get to play MoP without leveling a monk through all the old crap. I also spent around 4k to buy two of the 409 axes that are equippable at level 80 and just DESTROYED Cata content.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Enlightenment buff.

This

Collect a whole crap ton of quest to turn in, get buff, turn in.

Zoooooom

Both of these.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 01:31 AMPosted by Springrolls

I'm not 90 yet but...

Heirlooms, a lot of trance music and Monster energy drinks. >.> Main reason why I'm not 80 is because I went back and upped my professions. x.x
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Enlightenment is great. I just play for two hours a day, four hours on days when I ding to a l #0 level and get a new class quest.

It's much more worth your time just staying within the Enlightenment buff and refreshing it properly. Take advantage of it before Blizzard nerfs it.

And when I have free entertainment time and can't play WoW? I've been watching Netflix. Season 2 of The Walking Dead is great.

I think it's a funny bit of irony that Blizzard has found a gameplay mechanic that is encouraging me to be wise and balanced with my spare time. It's making me enjoy the game more.
Edited by Draile on 10/7/2012 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Leveling is fine until you get to lvl 89. Then your eyes start to bleed.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Brewmaster, heirlooms, Enlightenment, a guild with exp perk, dungeon groups til Enlightenment wears off (preferably dungeons that have quests in them).

Thankfully I've done all the leveling quests numerous times so I pretty much know where and how to do them as fast as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Took me 3 days of questing, and I wasn't going all hardcore like some people...just quest and you'll get it done. For me the outlands and northrend were a snorefest but the cata-zones went by super quick (few hours) and mop was pretty fun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If you gots the heirlooms... and a day off... you can blow through BC and WoLK in a day. Just power through it, it gets better. Cataclysm is a joke for leveling now.
Reply Quote
14 Orc Hunter
If you're a pvper it's not worth the leveling, just delete the character right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]