Extended Downtime on the Weekend ?

(Locked)

Earthern Restart was over an hour ago - it sd 15 min for restart ??

many of us only have limited game time Blizz - weekends are premium

guess I go back to star wars

hope you can get your stuff together soon
1 Troll Priest
This is the reason I dabble in a few free 2 play games myself. If the 800lb Gorilla has these problems just imagine the problems that the little indie companies have.

Actuall I don't have to imagine, I have beta tested tons of games from indies and no matter how bad Blizz gets they are still light years ahead of the competition. If you don't believe it then check out some of the f2p games, you will come running back.
90 Gnome Warlock
agreed, a restart on a week-end? nothing is that broken that should require a restart since most people seemed to be able to play just fine.
90 Pandaren Warrior
Earthern Restart was over an hour ago - it sd 15 min for restart ??

many of us only have limited game time Blizz - weekends are premium

guess I go back to star wars

hope you can get your stuff together soon

Have fun playing a game that's already considering a F2P Option while not even being on the shelf for more than a year. Lololol
90 Blood Elf Rogue
considering, they are going F2P come November 1st
better than sitting at a "connecting" screen for hours

Seriously - could this not have been done at 4AM ?
90 Pandaren Warrior
10/07/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Ksara
considering, they are going F2P come November 1st

LOL. What a fail SWTOR was.. There was so much hype for that game. lmfao.
Edited by Zynara on 10/7/2012 11:35 AM PDT
OMG forget about star wars - or RIFT or Guild Wars - it doesnt matter what other games you wanna bash here

the issues is, this is PRIME TIME

and we cant get in

Get it together Blizz and do this fix/maint crap when no one or less people are on

like I said - could this not have been done from 4-5 am ???
90 Pandaren Warrior
OMG forget about star wars - or RIFT or Guild Wars - it doesnt matter what other games you wanna bash here

the issues is, this is PRIME TIME

and we cant get in

Get it together Blizz and do this fix/maint crap when no one or less people are on

like I said - could this not have been done from 4-5 am ???

I just think it's funny :>.. But anyways, none of us realize how much it actually takes to keep a game that has 10 million players logging into it smooth. I think Blizzard is doing a pretty solid job. Give them some credit! >.<
Edited by Zynara on 10/7/2012 11:43 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
Agreed. If it is not absolutely urgent -- and since this was scheduled in advance I don't think it was -- do NOT schedule it on the weekend when most people are home and able to play. That would be like scheduling road work from 4-7 PM on a weekday, to jam up traffic during rush hour...
Edited by Zigman on 10/7/2012 11:48 AM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
Who was the smart mother !@#$er that wanted to do rolling restarts on the weekend?

Grow a brain Blizzard!
The weekend is the busiest time and you do rolling restarts?? Wow
90 Dwarf Hunter
I work 60 hours a week mon-fri and have four kids i dont get much time to play get your stuff together blizzard
90 Night Elf Druid
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/07/reports-entire-cities-dead-on-certain-realms/

this might explain....
70 Blood Elf Death Knight
.... no matter how bad Blizz gets they are still light years ahead of the competition. If you don't believe it then check out some of the f2p games, you will come running back.

IF you are stuck in the MMO or Fantasy genre, you may be right. But free to play games are getting pretty good. If you have a few minutes, go check out World of Tanks. Running the typical Free program and they just released version 8. It's goin strong, and is amazingly polished for a free game.
90 Pandaren Warrior
10/07/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Emburr
.... no matter how bad Blizz gets they are still light years ahead of the competition. If you don't believe it then check out some of the f2p games, you will come running back.

IF you are stuck in the MMO or Fantasy genre, you may be right. But free to play games are getting pretty good. If you have a few minutes, go check out World of Tanks. Running the typical Free program and they just released version 8. It's goin strong, and is amazingly polished for a free game.

Sure, I'll go check it out!! :D

Oh, wait.. I'm very familiar with the F2P Genre. When I launch up that game, I'll realize I've got to spend REAL MONEY in order to have a fighting chance against someone who spends Hundreds a week. Yeah, not fun at all.
god this is terrible
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/07/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Fezlo
nothing is that broken that should require a restart since most people seemed to be able to play just fine.

Really? Have you seen the videos of what's going on in Org/SW on some servers this afternoon?
90 Night Elf Druid
I play this way, I created a Trial account and use both my main and trial at the same time, I role play two best friends that go on various adventures accross Azeroth, riding together in a motorcycle or flying on a two person rocket through vast dangerous terrains. Evidently I come to the conclusion were one of the friends needs to take a pooter and the other friend helps him by whiping it for him with his left hand. I doubt people would perceive us weird but I love this playstyle. RP for life!!!!!

and btw....Still Connecting....connecting.....connecting.. C:
73 Worgen Druid
I just decided to give Blizz another chance and in the first few days back this happens. Work nights and spend my evenings with kids. Weekends are only chance I have. May have to go back to DDO
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]