Glyph of Uplift. Show me the money!

90 Pandaren Monk
Are you using it? Have you tested it? I've done all the MoP heroics without it, and very few wipes. But it would be nice to cast it without being constrained by BOTH ($targets with RM) and ($amount of chi). Is there a point at which spirit makes this glyph a must-have? With well-fed I'm around 7k spirit, and I'm not struggling unless I have a poorly-geared tank.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I don't see it being used any time soon, mana is just too tight. People might try to make it work in HMs though, to cope with burst.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
In a weird way....wouldn't that hurt mana regen? Since our tea is made by spending chi which uplift does. Would you need more spirit than you think to compensate including that fact?

Of course I'm not 90 or anything yet >.> but I have those spells involved.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
In a weird way....wouldn't that hurt mana regen? Since our tea is made by spending chi which uplift does. Would you need more spirit than you think to compensate including that fact?

A valid question, but no. Not unless the chi was going to waste because you couldn't spend it fast enough. Zen Sphere is my chi dump (no cooldown), or you could always just cast enveloping more often.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If people are doing their job in Heroics then Uplift isn't needed often enough to justify the Glyph (for me). My feeling is it's going to be more useful on high Raid damage fights when you need a spammable AoE and people aren't stacked for SCK.
Edited by Momofuko on 10/7/2012 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk

A valid question, but no. Not unless the chi was going to waste because you couldn't spend it fast enough. Zen Sphere is my chi dump (no cooldown), or you could always just cast enveloping more often.

thanks :) I use ZS too. At this point, most pugs are snagging large aoe packs so I SCK>ZS>ZS
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
My feeling here is that the Mistweaver's other chi dumps aren't spammable enough in design to really make the glyph worth while.

You sort of want to let Sphere sit and do its thing and use the detonation at specific moments. Burst is just too damn situation on when you can fire it off. I guess spamming Wave might work as an alternative.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have a feeling I will likely be swapping over to this glyph soon, once I start getting into raid gear. As it is currently, I don't really have mana issues anymore in heroics, but with my guild starting raiding this week, it will be interesting to see how my mana regen holds up in that content. I think once we start getting near full epic geared, our spirit should be well off enough to support glyphed uplift to spam more aoe heals.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Glyph of Uplift is not worth using what-so-ever. Not right now. Zen Sphere is too situational to be a main chi dump, Chi Burst is also too situational. Uplift is the quickest, most effective, and best chi dump we have.

Even on the highest raid damage fights (IE: Elegon) - Glyphed Uplift isn't worth using. I'm sure there will be a point in the future where it is worth using, but now? Not so much.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Glyph of Uplift is not worth using what-so-ever. Not right now. Zen Sphere is too situational to be a main chi dump, Chi Burst is also too situational. Uplift is the quickest, most effective, and best chi dump we have.

Even on the highest raid damage fights (IE: Elegon) - Glyphed Uplift isn't worth using. I'm sure there will be a point in the future where it is worth using, but now? Not so much.

Thanks for posting from a raiding perspective. I'll pass on it for now, but keep it in mind for when my gear improves.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock

Sorta, technically. Any ability that consumes Chi can be said to have a negative mana cost of 1% of max mana per Chi consumed. However, since glyphing this doesn't prevent that Chi from being consumed by another ability, a better way of thinking about it is to attribute those Mana Tea stacks as mana savings to the Chi-generating abilities. Using this method, Jab has an actual effective cost of only 2% mana, rather than 3%, and Soothing has an effective channel cost of only 0.75% mana per second, rather than 1%.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Daerius
Sorta, technically. Any ability that consumes Chi can be said to have a negative mana cost of 1% of max mana per Chi consumed. However, since glyphing this doesn't prevent that Chi from being consumed by another ability, a better way of thinking about it is to attribute those Mana Tea stacks as mana savings to the Chi-generating abilities. Using this method, Jab has an actual effective cost of only 2% mana, rather than 3%, and Soothing has an effective channel cost of only 0.75% mana per second, rather than 1%.

Dat mantle! :O
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
A fight I see glyph of uplift potentially being very strong for is Gara'jal the Spiritbinder. So long as you're getting into the spirit realm often enough to replenish your mana this should be pretty powerful in terms of keeping your raid up. Also while in the spirit realm just apply renewing mists and go to town to build the buff up to insane levels. I'm probably going to test this at some point but right now uplift is what I use to dump chi in the spirit realm, chi burst upstairs (because we're all stacked and it hits the boss when I target a tank).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]