[Feral PvP] That pesky 3rd glyph.

90 Night Elf Druid
I'm looking for experienced (aka please be 90 and competent) feral pvp'rs opinion on something that I've been toiling over this weekend.

Glyph of SR is a must, no doubt about it.

Glyph of Shred is awesome.

Glyph of Dash? Well, I'm not much of a flag runner anymore, and while it's fun to get away quickly, I feel like Travel Charge works fine. This feels like a convenience at best.

So I'm considering the replacements, and I'm stuck. With (CAT) survivability struggling in some situations, I'm torn between the glyphs of barksin and cat form. Barkskin providing a 25% crit reduction is fantastic, as most classes seem to blow cooldowns while you're stunned. Glyph of Cat Form, however, increased healing done to you by 20% while in - you guessed it - cat form. This would increase our already huge PS and NS crit heals anywhere from 20-30k. The latter seems like the better choice, but 25% crit reduction seems huge.

Thoughts, go.
Edited by Nokooks on 10/7/2012 11:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I prefer pounce, prowl and SR. Prowl is easily changeable for cat form (+healing % in cat) depending on comp.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thinking about dropping Glyph of Shred now, too, and taking both until I feel a little more geared. Hmm...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Woe
Prowl feels way too good to go without, especially for bgs. I miss pounce glyph but I can live without it.

SR is definitely a no-brainer.

For me it comes down between barkskin and cat form healing. I prefer the cat healing increase ever since they changed shatter so barkskin's crit reduction doesn't reduce it nearly as much. Both are good choices.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Cat heal is also mandatory imo now that we're so dependent on self-healing with HTs. I have absolutely no idea why something that was passive before and was baseline for all ferals is now a glyph.

For BGs, I love feral swiftness and prowl glyph. Can get where I want to go very fast and efficiently. Shred glyph is more a QoL thing... and kinda dependent on latency. If it's a bad latency day, I might switch to it. Pounce is in a similar situation as Shred.
Edited by Paulbathehut on 10/7/2012 3:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Prowl feels way too good to go without, especially for bgs. I miss pounce glyph but I can live without it.

SR is definitely a no-brainer.

For me it comes down between barkskin and cat form healing. I prefer the cat healing increase ever since they changed shatter so barkskin's crit reduction doesn't reduce it nearly as much. Both are good choices.

I tend to open with Ravage more often then Pounce, as it deals a good opening burst and applies infected wounds. So I'm also living without that one, in particular.

I'm also power shifting novas as often as possible, so shatter doesn't hurt as bad as it could. I'm thinking more warriors, rogues, dks - things that hurt pretty bad while you wait out your bleeds, or once they've landed a stun.

But I do see your point. With PS such a big part of my rotation, I think the Cat glyph provides me the biggest advantage.

10/07/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Paulbathehut
For BGs, I love feral swiftness and prowl glyph

If everyone is sayin it, it must be true. I think I'll drop Shred & Dash for Prowl & Cat. Thanks for the feedback.

PS- I can't give up charge for Swiftness :( Bear lockdown, cat daze, travel leap, caster self-induced lifegrip... too much utility for me.
Edited by Nokooks on 10/7/2012 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
TnC
Glyph of cat is just too good when paired with dream of cenaurius(lvl90 talent). Thats 50% increased healing with HT. ive seen HT easily heal me for 200k+ with these 2 buffs and NS HT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Cat & SR are my baseline Glyphs. I switch out Barkskin and Prowl.

Prowl is really nice when I run kittycleave, do BGs or world PVP. Its helps position you very well. I find myself able to get far more restealths now in this xpac than I ever have too.

Barkskin is great, but with all the burst every class has right now I'm not sure it would make much of a difference. Mage shatters work differently so it doesn't reliably prevent those anymore. On top of that a lot of classes have insta-crit mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For serious PvP:
Savage Roar, Cat, Barkskin
end of story.

If you drop anything from that list, it would be barkskin... but not yet.

If you're just talking 'teehee 4 fun BGs' ... then put on a flower costume and pick the prettiest glyphs because it's 'teehee 4 fun whatevers.'
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For serious PvP:
Savage Roar, Cat, Barkskin
end of story.

If you drop anything from that list, it would be barkskin... but not yet.

If you're just talking 'teehee 4 fun BGs' ... then put on a flower costume and pick the prettiest glyphs because it's 'teehee 4 fun whatevers.'

Like the BGs at 88?

PS- I like your flower costume.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/08/2012 02:34 AMPosted by Nokooks
Like the BGs at 88?

Demonstrating some pretty poor decision making... I mean... you were doing shred and dash.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
im gonna have to agree, SR, Bark, and Cat are my choice. prowl is nice, but when im killing people, the prowl speed bonus is nice, dont get me wrong, but its just as easy to turn around and clone, and heal up, and than leave combat + prowl even with dots up, and re open with a pounce for that split second.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DoJ
Cat Form is a must imo.

If you want any kind of survivability in PVP then having that big heal when needed is key either with PS or NS.

I use prowl as well because of the extreme mobility it gives you on the battlefield (with our various other speed buffs)..I can prowl nearly as fast as someone can move mounted in a BG so being able to cross the map completely stealthed is huge for being a flag assassin, capper, or what ever the situation requires. Mobility is a druids strong point; anything enhancing this is only a plus.

SR is a no brainer.
Edited by Nueshak on 10/8/2012 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Cat & SR are my baseline Glyphs. I switch out Barkskin and Prowl.

Same for me.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
What does everyone think of the Glyph of The Master Shapeshifter which reduces all shapeshifts by 90%. I think it is great for me because I am derpy when it comes to watching my mana pool.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/08/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Eternalferal
What does everyone think of the Glyph of The Master Shapeshifter which reduces all shapeshifts by 90%. I think it is great for me because I am derpy when it comes to watching my mana pool.

That's a glyph I'll have to decide about depending on comp and with more experience. To break it down:
If you need the glyph and don't have it, it essentially puts you on the clock. Where you probably need to win within the first 2 minutes... or something like that, otherwise you're oom and done. That actually fits quite well with many compositions. If your teammate is on a clock, what's it matter if you're on a clock too? Whether you're giving up barkskin, prowl, or whatever, you're giving up real tangible functionality. So I'd hate to have to give up a useful tool, just to get minutes added to the clock.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Demonstrating some pretty poor decision making... I mean... you were doing shred and dash.

Offensive glyphs, yes. Poor choice? Maybe, although now I'm simply looking for a little more survivability after feeling those choices out.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Savage Roar ( absolute must)
Fae silence....3 second blanket silence..seriously who wouldnt take this...
last one i switch between skullbash(Amg! 8 second lockout = win) and cat form for when i expect to take heavy dmg
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/08/2012 02:34 AMPosted by Nokooks
Like the BGs at 88?

If you're discounting advice from Clay, I'm going to guess that you're very new to these parts of the forums...

10/08/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Clay

That's a glyph I'll have to decide about depending on comp and with more experience. To break it down:
If you need the glyph and don't have it, it essentially puts you on the clock. Where you probably need to win within the first 2 minutes... or something like that, otherwise you're oom and done. That actually fits quite well with many compositions. If your teammate is on a clock, what's it matter if you're on a clock too? Whether you're giving up barkskin, prowl, or whatever, you're giving up real tangible functionality. So I'd hate to have to give up a useful tool, just to get minutes added to the clock.

Do we still get Mana back via Leader of the Pack? (I can't log in atm to check.) If so, I doubt this is too big a deal, since we get the Mana we spent shifting back fairly quickly from attacking, though admittedly, it 'felt' noticeably slower at this point than during Cata.
Edited by Taswind on 10/9/2012 2:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Woe
Savage Roar ( absolute must)
Fae silence....3 second blanket silence..seriously who wouldnt take this...
last one i switch between skullbash(Amg! 8 second lockout = win) and cat form for when i expect to take heavy dmg

Fae silence requires you to be in bear for a 3 sec blanket. Not really worth the trouble.

Skullbash might be occasionally fun, in the same way running into gag order warrs before mop were a rarity that could tick somebody off, but I feel it's a poor choice overall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]