Is it just me?

90 Gnome Warlock
Personally, when I see someone in game while I'm questing that often posts on the forums, or at least recognize the name from the forums, a little part of me....

Ok a lot of me goes "OMG! SQUEE! I saw that person in the forums!"

I can't really help it :p it makes it seem all the more real you can bump into anyone while going about your gaming business.

Anyone else do double takes too?

Edited cause small town rural speak that I'm ashamed to have used v_v
Edited by Brutaria on 10/7/2012 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I do.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I do also, but then again I don't post on here often.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Never fanboy/girl anyone on the forums. Everybody here is a jerk. anyone you do like, you won't like after meeting them.
Reply Quote
69 Worgen Hunter
I unknowingly RPed with an alt of Systar the other day. I was pretty entertained when Fere informed me :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Apparently people think I am cool now.
Reply Quote
I just sort of blink and go "Oh hey! It's that guy!" then continue going about my business. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I do, but usually because I haven't had a chance to RP or meet most of the people who post here while leveling.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
I kinda go "Oh hey, it's that person!" and /wave at them. Occasionally I'll throw a whisper at them. I don't get along with a lot of people on the forums, but ingame it's a different story.
Reply Quote
There are some people that post here that I'd like to rp with at some point. Problem is, I'm a bit strange/shy about requesting role play. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't really fanboy over a player in a game.

When I do see a forum name I know, they usually do some douchebag move like snag my quest objectives or resource node I am fighting on.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
10/07/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Shennae
I unknowingly RPed with an alt of Systar the other day. I was pretty entertained when Fere informed me :D

It was the grabby hands, wasn't it? :P

I usually just walk up to another forum-goer and inappropriately caress their face until they fly off. I blew a kiss at Magdaleine in Stranglethorn a few days ago. I don't think he appreciated the affection.
Edited by Systar on 10/7/2012 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Nah, I don't really do double takes. I just go: -slight squinty eyes- "Huh, it's so and so. ...what was I just running to do. Oh, right. More dailies." -flies off-

I do remember having hilarious reactions to seeing my teachers in stores or restaurants when I was in elementary school. Me at maybe 7: "o_o It's Miss Wherle in Walmart! She's outside of the school?! WTF? And buying bread and stuff like normal people?! O_O" -cue Twilight Zone music/stares in awe-

Edit: There was one exception. I flew into the Ally place in Dal to take the SW portal, and Venita was sitting on a bench with just her big boots on. I stopped, lol'ed a little and thought, "She really does sit around naked with just her boots on. Wha'da ya know."
Edited by Convallaria on 10/7/2012 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I saw auranika and ninja hugged her.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Caelera
There are some people that post here that I'd like to rp with at some point. Problem is, I'm a bit strange/shy about requesting role play. :P

I know the feeling, I kinda fangurl when ever i see stax in game. or my guild leader. really i Fan gurl when ever i see someone i recognize from the forums.

people have been walking up to me that I don't know and never met before and saying hi. I am like Hi Hi then we chat for like 1 sec and i dissipated back into obscurity
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I'll usually throw a /Hug, /Lick, /Wave, /Cheer, /Hi, /Moan, /Moo, or some twisted combination of all of those at people whose names are familiar.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't usually because I have name plates turned off. Though on ocassion I have seen a forum poster and recognized them from their Transmog and sent out a /wave or something like that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I had this happen when I still had DK Pleiadia. I believe it was a Knights of Menethil member that recognized me. In a few other cases, on various toons, I was also noticed. I'm used to it frankly. I say my pleasantries in response and move on.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I've been gone for too long to remember who's who.

"But Edyrem, you've only been gone for like two months, how can you-"

Shut up.
Edited by Edyrem on 10/7/2012 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
69 Worgen Hunter
10/07/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Systar

It was the grabby hands, wasn't it? :P

I usually just walk up to another forum-goer and inappropriately caress their face until they fly off. I blew a kiss at Magdaleine in Stranglethorn a few days ago. I don't think he appreciated the affection.

Oh bb, I'm gonna get my grabby hands all over you when you join up <3 /blowkiss.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]