Thoughts on Warrior Tanking.

90 Human Warrior
For the first time ever, I finally see warrior Aoe tanking on par with dks for difficulty and damage and Naturally blizzard nerfs it. Says how much off other tanks are form them. Then buff every other class to the level of dks.. and say dks are fine.. Seriously blizzard...

You said that as of 5.05 October 2... and there are pally tanks running around with Thunderfury a level 60 legendary. Killing normal mode Pandaria Raids? Holding threat fine... maybe you should tell pally's to hit there buttons more.. and tell them to not tank with a level 60 weapon.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwb-COnNts8 (oh yes watch for your amusement) in beta it was done... and it was not fixed.

Please give back what you just took away from warriors tanks.. if not, half of it (give back deep wounds please) because I still feel like its too much. It not our faults you have been giving us garbage for Aoe for years.. and naturally we do better then every other class, once we get the same taste as them because we have had to work with garbage to be on par with everyone else. Tab target, Shield slam, cleave, thunderclap revenge if proc.. maybe the dk's and pally's should do the same, Instead of lawL (Hammer of light, DnD) (Get diseases/ Consecration up) (hammer of the righteous/blood boil.) There face off... Maybe everyone else should get better and quit asking for the "nerf system" and it always being warriors punished because of it... All because they don't know where the tab target button is.. >.>

Its been annoying for 5-6 years now and as one of the classes in the game since vanilla.. which we are still getting punished for...because we quote "scale to well" more like we play to well >.> and watching the warlock warriors, that are dks (lawl both classes had death coil.) having a silver spoon in there mouth, much like pally's, and now monks, and soon to be druids when you realize how much you have messed up and want to change Guardians to focus.. I see it coming......don't lie to me!!!!

We warriors, are the front line soldiers of our factions. It's about time we get giving the silver spoon for a change for all of our deeds.

I want to see spell reflect work on bosses (again), at a reduced amount to help slim the damage.

How about mechanic, where we jump up into the air, bop people or the boss on the head with the "Pommel" of our weapon..increasing the cast time of any spell cast and reducing channeled time for any channeled spell for X seconds or until the next spell is cast. It doesn't stop the incoming damage but it give our healers a change to catch up on healing or pop cds quicker, or us a chance to get out of the way...

I also want to see a the ability the Tauren yaks have (for warrior only because pally's have enough toys already) from Kun-Lai Summit and Townlong Steps. Where they have a channeled defensive ability, so others can stand behind us to take less damage acting more like defensive wall for the party... This can also have 2 side to the coin or a being a double edge sword if you will. We can't move while casting it.... It can have a big cool down and in pvp, forces people to attack us from the rear. Which we take increased damage from anyways... So it all smooths out....

Troll it if you dare. Beware the Gremlin, I am..... Thank you for your time.
Reply Quote
I am sorry, warriors this expansion in my eyes in terms of dealing any damage and even in tanking have gone to the !@#$ter... I almost deleted my warrior...
Reply Quote
93 Human Warrior
I actually dont find DK tanking that difficult, but warrior tanking is damn near impossible.
Reply Quote
29 Dwarf Rogue
10/07/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Victofv
I am sorry, warriors this expansion in my eyes in terms of dealing any damage and even in tanking have gone to the !@#$ter... I almost deleted my warrior...

Warriors arn't dealing damage? Get that shaman of yours to 90 and then tell me who isn't dealing any damage.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
AoE tanking isn't as easy as it used to be.

But mind, AoE tanking on warriors was stupid easy.

But my heroics have gone fine, so I don;t see any big issues yet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Whoa whoa whoa... this isn't about damage.. really this is more about the threat you get from damage.... off of deep wounds... yes tanks are heavy on Aoe.. Vengeance is op and that will fix as people get more gear.... but as far as I am concerned damage from Deep wounds should come back.. if not warrior tanks should get a buff that increases threat from deep wounds.... I am just so sick of every other class having better Aoe threat... enough is enough..
Edited by Lexer on 10/7/2012 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I haven't had any problems with tanking. I actually enjoy it a whole lot more than Cata.

Tanking is a bit harder, but it's really not that bad. I find the complexity of it perfect. Not easy, but not too hard. I like the challenge of it and welcome it. Now, I won't zone out while tanking like I have been past two xpacs. And I hate to say this since I usually roll my eyes at people who do, buuut... After going through TBC warrior tanking, it's really hard for me to say we are in a bad spot. I still have nightmares of H Shattered Halls and H MGT with no cc *shuddder*

10/07/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Victofv

Warrior's dps is fine as long as you know what you are doing. I mean, if you really almost deleted him because of that, I think a beard removal is in order...
Edited by Suidomso on 10/7/2012 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I am a warrior tank and so far have not had any issues holding agro. maybe loss one here and there but not much. In fact, not only have I found no problems with agro I seem to take less damage compared to other tanking classes, with the exeption of spell damage. warriors do have a dots. before you had to rend then TC now you just have to TC and you have that dot. Also if you get bloodbath that is a nice dot. On big mobs click that then TC and everytime you TC blood bath refresh. i hit 60-80k dps on big mobs with that. Now if you are looking at toping all the charts like a DK or pally tank, than no you wont. But hey tanks arent there for DPS they are there to be a punching bag.

One issue though bliz, Shield block. Lower the rage use by a 10%. most fights you cant even use it and makes having it useless. Impending victory is bugged sometimes as it does not proc when it should have when a mob dies.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Only times I've lost aggro is because a DPS was going all out on something that wasn't my primary target.

...Or because I forgot to switch into Defensive Stance because the stances don't change your action bar anymore.

That was a rough first pull.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I am a warrior tank and so far have not had any issues holding agro. maybe loss one here and there but not much. In fact, not only have I found no problems with agro I seem to take less damage compared to other tanking classes, with the exeption of spell damage. warriors do have a dots. before you had to rend then TC now you just have to TC and you have that dot. Also if you get bloodbath that is a nice dot. On big mobs click that then TC and everytime you TC blood bath refresh. i hit 60-80k dps on big mobs with that. Now if you are looking at toping all the charts like a DK or pally tank, than no you wont. But hey tanks arent there for DPS they are there to be a punching bag.

One issue though bliz, Shield block. Lower the rage use by a 10%. most fights you cant even use it and makes having it useless. Impending victory is bugged sometimes as it does not proc when it should have when a mob dies.

I know this is a bit off-topic and you kind of answered it already in the post above, but overall how are you enjoying Bloodbath for tanking? I've tried it for dps, but I haven't for tanking yet. With that damage, I assume you pull even more threat.
Edited by Suidomso on 10/7/2012 1:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Only times I've lost aggro is because a DPS was going all out on something that wasn't my primary target.

...Or because I forgot to switch into Defensive Stance because the stances don't change your action bar anymore.

That was a rough first pull.

Best macro ever....

Switch into the stance you wan to be for that spec.
/cast <stance>

Switch talent spec
/usetalents [spec:1] 2

Reverse 1 and 2 depending on which spec your tanking one is.. put the button on your bar... GG
Edited by Lexer on 10/7/2012 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

I know this is a bit off-topic, but how are you liking Bloodbath for tanking? I love it as dps, but I have yet to try it as a tank. It seems like it would be much better than Storm Bolt, at least for dungeons due to the AoE.

Storm bolt is the replacement for throw down for pvp... should take avatar, or Blood bath. and if what he says is ture and it is not a glitch, that yes would be a big change... Every 1 minute >.> and you could chain pull the dungeon.... but I still think threat on deep wounds needs to come back, either damage based or threat base.. enough is enough.....howling blast, and any other Aoe... mage, warlock, shaman, fan of knifes, etc, etc should not rip threat... Period..... even off the start of a pull. If you start with Lights hammer, dnd, tunder clap, swipe, mangle... no one and I mean no one, should rip off of you.. even if they focus on (skull) and nuke it. If they nuke lets say "X" yes it should rip off of you.... because there not hitting what you are... I am just sick of aoe off the pull and I the tank did it too and the dps have aggro because apparently my threat is no near there Aoe >.> like I said enough is enough.. this has been back and forward to way to long 6 years to long IMO... Boost the threat from deep wounds... this isn't about the damage.. really it isn't.. that's why I took avatar over blood bath.. because I wanted more rage... ok... more defensive abilities while I tank the boss sounds good to me. To be quote.. "Unstoppable" meaning un-stun-able, un-snare-able, un-CC-able and yet I am able to be stunned >.>.. I think that's a bug.. really.. that I can be stunned as something unstoppable. >.>
Edited by Lexer on 10/7/2012 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
My thoughts are as follows: As of right now I see warrior tanking as being pretty damn good and getting closer to the level of DKs. I do still see some minor threat issues but not even close to what we were seeing in cata. Was never huge on the tab targeting to main threat only cause you got dummys who will intentionally attack some random target and try and rip the threat off you similar to wotlk. But more aoe would be appriciated, don't want to have to spec into bladestorm so I can spin around like a freaking ballerina in a tutu while not being able to do any dmg reduction just to do aoe and pull all the threat back after getting the crap stunned out of you a few times since ya know we don't have a way to be unstunned for whatever length of time. But anyways as a general warrior tanking has greatly improved and can take just as much of a hit if not more then the other tanking classes. Some things I would like to see to the warrior as a whole we need something like death grip, if a warrior had something similar to DG in all specs that would be awesome. We have the lamest ranged attacks for all this flying crap we can't attack but they can bombard the hell out of us. Next I want DW back like right now, not even now I want it back yesterday. And it drives me nuts that DW and Reck is on still what like a 5 minute CD. I don't want to go too much into the fury !!#%*%*@ since this is a tanking thread but: 1. DW gone, 2. Reck is more of a joke now then before, 3. BT increased timer decreased dmg really?, 4. RB you want me to do what? when? I didn't even know that button still exists oh ya unless you hit reck. and 5. HS needs to be a filler not well its ok to use it sometimes, increase the dmg, decrease the rage to make up the difference for making us wait for BT and RB. But warrior tanking I'm loving it for the most part gets a 4/5 stars in my book currently, needs some small tweeks and we can be right back at the frontlines where we should be anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

I know this is a bit off-topic, but how are you liking Bloodbath for tanking? I love it as dps, but I have yet to try it as a tank. It seems like it would be much better than Storm Bolt, at least for dungeons due to the AoE.

Storm bolt is the replacement for throw down for pvp... should take avatar, or Blood bath. and if what he says is ture and it is not a glitch, that yes would be a big change... Every 1 minute >.> and you could chain pull the dungeon.... but I still think threat on deep wounds needs to come back, either damage based or threat base.. enough is enough.....howling blast, and any other Aoe... mage, warlock, shaman, fan of knifes, etc, etc should not rip threat... Period..... even off the start of a pull. If you start with Lights hammer, dnd, tunder clap, swipe, mangle... no one and I mean no one, should rip off of you.. even if they focus on (skull) and nuke it. If they nuke lets say "X" yes it should rip off of you.... because there not hitting what you are... I am just sick of aoe off the pull and I the tank did it too and the dps have aggro because apparently my threat is no near there Aoe >.> like I said enough is enough.. this has been back and forward to way to long 6 years to long IMO... Boost the threat from deep wounds... this isn't about the damage.. really it isn't.. that's why I took avatar over blood bath.. because I wanted more rage... ok... more defensive abilities while I tank the boss sounds good to me. To be quote.. "Unstoppable" meaning un-stun-able, un-snare-able, un-CC-able and yet I am able to be stunned >.>.. I think that's a bug.. really.. that I can be stunned as something unstoppable. >.>

Ah, ok. Makes sense.

For big AoE pulls, I just charge/heroic leap in, TC and Dragon Roar. Then I just tab target if I need to. If that doesn't work or the pull is really large, I just hit Mocking Banner. I haven't really had a problem while doing this.

Maybe it's just the dps I've been with. We usually kill things in a swift amount of time, so things are dead before anyone really gets aggro. If I do lose aggro on a mob, I just taunt it back immediately and focus on that one for a bit.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
Is it just me or does spell damage do a !@#$ load to warriors? like i have tryed alot of the classes and it seems like warriors take the most damage from spells.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
10/07/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Chriscaudill
Is it just me or does spell damage do a !@#$ load to warriors? like i have tryed alot of the classes and it seems like warriors take the most damage from spells.

Can't imagine why.

That is what Shield Barrier is for.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
Yes i kno, but that besides the point. If you don't use nothing(sheild barrier.etc.) you will notice this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/07/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Chriscaudill

yes spells will #%#*%#%% a warrior silly. its the only issue i can see with a warrior.. just need to be more careful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]