This just doesn't feel like WoW anymore...

86 Human Warlock
So I recently came back to WoW after a 2 year hiatus because I thought Cata was the stupidest thing ever and I was hoping this expansion would be much more fun and interesting. I re-activate my account and start playing Pandaria with my warlock. It just feels so weird going from Wrath 2 this... I honestly felt like the prime of this game was Burning Crusade and Wrath. Everything now is extremely dumbed down to the point where an 80 year old who has never touched a computer can get on and play easily , I'm not exaggerating. This game just honestly doesn't feel like the WoW I loved to play back when. I miss those cookie cutter specs, I miss the excitement you would get when you lvl'd and you got another talent point to spend and you had to really make a smart choice on what you wanted to spend it on. I could go on all day about the things that don't feel right to me about this expansion but I think you guys get the point. This is simply my opinion and how I feel about the game as a whole now, does anyone else also feel the same way?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Don't bump your own !@#$ threads.
Edited by Awria on 10/7/2012 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
10/07/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Eroylock
I miss those cookie cutter specs,
I miss the excitement you would get when you lvl'd and you got another talent point to spend and you had to really make a smart choice on what you wanted to spend it on.

...wat?
Reply Quote
The first thing I said when I went out and quested in Jade Forest was "Wow, this doesn't really feel like WoW"--and that was a very, very, very GOOD thing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I dont feel the same.

I this is the best expansion since BC.

. I miss those cookie cutter specs[/quot

and

[quote="67937903075"]Everything now is extremely dumbed down

These two statements dont flow well together....lol
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Yeah I sure loved getting a talent point that I could spend on a 1% mana increase to a trivial spell.

IT WAS SO ENGAGING BACK THEN
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
and fail-qouting by yours truly.
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
Yeah I sure loved getting a talent point that I could spend on a 1% mana increase to a trivial spell.

IT WAS SO ENGAGING BACK THEN

Wand Specialization was so OP.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
You MISS cookie cutter?
I've seen it all..

10/07/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Kyüss
best expansion since BC

10/07/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Deatherknite
Wand Specialization was so OP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You miss having no character customization? Certainly you aren't alone, but you are very much a minority. People have been complaining about having to be exactly the same as everyone else for a very long time. And the game difficulty never changed. The interface just became easier to use. It's like how consoles upgraded from a terrible two-button controller to a more modern controller. Times change and you've either got to keep up or get out of the way. You'll find few modern games that leave you lost. And there is a difference between a difficult game and a game that leaves you lost.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I do think the current talents are less cookie cutter. I wish to be disillusioned a bit if you could tell me what the optimal talent points are that I failed to pick up. All it'll mean is Blizz needs to adjust things a bit in the next patch though.

I picked ones that I thought were fun myself, and so far haven't suffered for it, but if you can show me where I apparently "screwed up" in my talent choices, go for it.

It's true that the old talent system had a little bit of choice near the end, after picking all the "necessary" ones. Not much though, and not nearly as much as now.

There's an argument for getting "stuff" at each new level. Well, technically you do get more stats every level, and the game tells you which ones you got. Since most of those talent points were already going into 1% nature damage or something, that's similar right there. If you want something else, abilities get learned automatically, and those get learned much more often as you level, so that's always something to look forward to.
Reply Quote
Eroy I miss a lot of stuff too man, but posting anything on here just gets you nothing but backlash and smart !@# remarks from this immature community. But I really like this expansion its bounds better than Cata.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
10/07/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Eroylock
Everything now is extremely dumbed down to the point where an 80 year old who has never touched a computer can get on and play easily , I'm not exaggerating.

Well there was a cat playing Warcraft earlier... how hard could the game really be?

Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794211246?page=1

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8pQYhWF_og
Edited by Unjoiner on 10/7/2012 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
40 Pandaren Monk
More popcorn, please.
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Hunter
Personally, I am not happy with the new talent system either. It's really upsetting to have so many things taken away and having to choose between things I used to have most of... I like almost everything else and the new expansion is excellent in general, only two serious complaints that really should have been done differently; Why the heck is the talent system so ridiculous? and more importantly; Why the heck do I have to choose between a range weapon and a melee? That's just crap. Hunters carry bows and blades! That's why they call it a 'Hunting knife'! It is seriously preposterous to make all my effort and gold that has been spent on both the talents to be respeced to perfection and watching auctions and questing my butt off for good weapons, ultimately useless... Other than those two serious issues, I love the new expansion... refreshing, beautiful, and fun!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
10/07/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Deatherknite
I miss those cookie cutter specs,
I miss the excitement you would get when you lvl'd and you got another talent point to spend and you had to really make a smart choice on what you wanted to spend it on.

...wat?

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw that and scratched their head.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]