So WoW Players Can't Run For Public Office?

100 Draenei Shaman
Oh, how your politics down there make me laugh.

But then the laughter stops when I remember how many nukes you guys have.

And then I need to curl up under the covers with my gryphon plush when I remember how the winds blow...

Edit: Okay, that last part doesn't happen, but the first two do.
Edited by Pouncey on 10/7/2012 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
59 Worgen Death Knight
10/07/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Raìnbowdash
orcs arent allowed to run for senate in a human community sry

Discrimination!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I seen that crap too. you should read my blog. maybe I should run for office.

consfearacynewz.blogspot.com

I am sure they would have a field day with me. I play WoW, own tons of firearms, a veteran, stock storable foods and water and put 90% of my money in Gold and silver and am a constitutionalist.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
This thread. Again.
Reply Quote
22 Orc Monk
KA
Enough already about this crap. Who cares? It also doesn't belong in the gen forum.
Reply Quote
Old.
Reply Quote
This thread. Again.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
The fact that she plays an online game shouldn't be the issue here, even though her competitors are making it one.

It's more the fact that some of her twitter/etc posts are completely inappropriate for someone running for public office. She posted FROM WORK, stating that she wished she weren't at work and that she was playing WoW with her guildies instead. Now, a lot of people don't want to work and want to play instead--that's fine. But you don't publicly post about it, especially when you're in the middle of a campaign that's trying to make you look good.
Reply Quote
65 Night Elf Hunter
I seen that crap too. you should read my blog. maybe I should run for office.

consfearacynewz.blogspot.com

I am sure they would have a field day with me. I play WoW, own tons of firearms, a veteran, stock storable foods and water and put 90% of my money in Gold and silver and am a constitutionalist.

Sound like my kind of guy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well, at least she didn't play a warlock, rofl I could just imagine what they'd say about that.
Reply Quote
One of these again?

...People don't learn do they....

Oh well, works for me

/popcorn
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
this is new and exciting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Romney would be a Shadow Priest. Obama would be the guy that helps get your guild going ( hehe ) majaor liberal here btw, just poking some fun :)
Reply Quote
Keep in mind political campaigning is basically a verbal version of a bar fight with less civility. They look for any thing they can exploit and use against people, because too many people don't actually take the time to consider issues before they vote and simply play a popularity game. It's a shame they use these scare tactics when something like 2/3 of the American public plays video games. However, I could never bring myself to vote for a rogue, they do have "pickpocket" after all. ;)
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
In an unusual press release issued Thursday, the Maine GOP attacked Lachowicz for a “bizarre double life” in which she’s a devotee of the hugely popular online role-playing game World of Warcraft. In the game, she’s “Santiaga,” an "orc assassination rogue" with green skin, fangs, a Mohawk and pointy ears.

I like how they call her a devotee, when she wasn't even max level. "I'm a level 68 Orc rogue.". I would guess she hardly played at all.
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
The fact that she plays an online game shouldn't be the issue here, even though her competitors are making it one.

It's more the fact that some of her twitter/etc posts are completely inappropriate for someone running for public office. She posted FROM WORK, stating that she wished she weren't at work and that she was playing WoW with her guildies instead. Now, a lot of people don't want to work and want to play instead--that's fine. But you don't publicly post about it, especially when you're in the middle of a campaign that's trying to make you look good.

She's played WoW for years.
She, as far as I've seen, is only recently running for office.

I'll let you piece together the rest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]