OOMWeaver :(

90 Pandaren Monk
I will keep this short and sweet for the TL;DR people

But is anyone else having difficulties with mana? When I run 5 mans I go oom rather quickly.

My usual rotation is
1. Drop jade serpant statue
2. Renewing mist
3. soothing mist
4. Cast chi wave to generate mana tea stacks ( just started experimenting with chi wave for 5 mans, used to have zen sphere, with renewing mist and zen sphere on my tank it was way easier to keep my tank up)

5. Cast surging mist when needed

Seems like on EVERY boss fight I'm starving for mana, like literally STARVING! :(, I haven't wiped on any instances yet, however I would like to maintain my mana a little longer. Now granted I have been getting grped with people that love standing in random crap which causes me to have to cast a surging mist to keep them up at times.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Leveling my druid, shaman *and* priest I get 2 melee dps about 90% of the time, and 100% of those times at least one, usually both, stand in every possible hurt they can find.

The few times I've had groups with ranged dps my mana is noticeably less tight. I've taken to just letting somebody die and then posting "Damage Taken" from Recount at the start of an instance. It's a jerk move, but it works half the time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Use Chi on Uplift. IMO, the second tier of talents is for Windwalkers to add some healing. It does terrible damage and terrible healing for the Chi, but WW has no way to spend Chi on healing, so it's decent for them. Uplift does 2x the healing per target as Chi Wave does per hit, and it's not too hard to hit 3-4 people. Also it does the healing instantaneously.

You can also use Enveloping Mist for the tank if he's taking a lot of damage.
Edited by Emerin on 10/7/2012 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Sparklefever
Uplift more

With thunder focus tea as much as possible.

Pick up chi brew if you don't have it. Go back to zen sphere. Buy some cheap enchants for your gear. Profit!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If I'm out of melee range (which seems to be the OP's preference) I like Enveloping Mist as Chi Dump on the Tank (or whoever is in dire need of heals). So when I'm not Fistweaving I pretty much cast Renewing and Mana Tea (Glyphed) on CD and keep Soothing channeled on the Tank in between. At 3 Chi I'll hit him with Enveloping (if needed) or Zen Sphere.

I prefer to be in melee though most of the time if I can.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Drop Ascension and Surging Mist Glyph. Pick up Chi Brew and Glyph of Mana Tea and avoid capping on chi for too long, keep spending it to build up Mana Tea stacks.

Honestly, with the way Renewing Mist works, I pretty much never use Uplift as a Chi Dump if Thunder Focus Tea is on cd, it's way too unreliable.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I find I don't have much issue with mana in heroics, unless people are playing poorly, and taking excess damage. As it is, most fights I drop my statue, use RM on CD if the fight has any aoe dmg, and soothing mist on the tank. I rarely use surging mist, and instead using chi for enveloping mist to keep the tank up. If the group takes damage, chi brew + uplift x 2 works wonders. As well, I love using Xuen for boss fights for free healing, as his damage can keep the tank alive almost singlehandedly through Eminence.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/07/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Jinseng
Now granted I have been getting grped with people that love standing in random crap which causes me to have to cast a surging mist to keep them up at times.

Don't heal DPS that is standing in bad stuff. Any heal that you throw out to them will be negated by them staying in a bad area. Also, if someone is constantly pulling aggro from the tank or constantly aggroing stuff that the tank hasn't even touched, don't heal them.

Most of the time that I've run low on mana, it's because I've had to spam direct heals on DPS. AoE burst damage is one thing, but not paying attention to fight mechanics will destroy a healer's mana pool.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Need to learn when to Heal and when to let baddies die

There's some trash pulls that regardless of how good the dps is at avoiding damage you're going to go OOM.

But if it's 1 guy and he keeps standing in stuff just tell him to move and watch out and usually they will learn after 1-2 deaths. Not healing them and not saying anything is just as bad as them standing in it. Need to enlighten them to save the next healer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]