Warriors?

85 Blood Elf Hunter
I have been thinking about making a warrior and a lot of people around the forums are saying that they are really hard to level/play competitively.

What makes them so hard to play? and what is fun about the warrior?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Warrior is not hard to play or level. We are just a different class and a lot of our mechanics take some getting used to at first. If you can work with a rotation that is now based on slow GCD's and learn to balance your rage gain and spending (much like a checkbook with your checking account) then you will be fine.

You won't have a pet to work with or traps so maybe the only difference I can see is being able to think fast and maneuver quickly when you get ambushed. I'm sure some of the other warriors will chime in but really, I don't think it will be any kind of real difficult challenge for ya. Just read your spellbook and get to know your abilities well and try them in different situations.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Depends on spec and how you want to play. Playing warrior to its max will demand you use everything and I mean everything in your spellbook, fury in particular. If you can manage aprox 30 or more keybinds with macros sprinkled in, you'll do fine.

Also, specify pve or pvp. I assumed pvp so you got a pvp reply.
Edited by Phlow on 10/7/2012 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nah it isn't hard to play a second wind....sorry i mean a warrior competitively.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
10/07/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Hashtag
Nah it isn't hard to play a second wind....sorry i mean a warrior competitively.

It isn't hard to say stupid things on forums when you can't beat second wind like all the other paladins...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794981150
Edited by Mspsychokill on 10/7/2012 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Mspsychokill
It isn't hard to say stupid things on forums when you can't beat second wind like all the other paladins...

Keep defending your broken class.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
So in your world WoG spam does not exsist, or lay on hands, or bubble. The irony here is too much to bare.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Leave the kid alone, he probably got forced to go to church this morning and is waiting in q to log on and is angry cause bliz needs to make his class even easier to play.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
10/07/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Hashtag

Keep defending your broken class.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794871546
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Don't play a warrior if you're only playing since people are crying about us being OP. You'll get to 90 and realize that's not the case and it'll be a giant let down.

If you like warriors because you like melee, and you like getting down and dirty in someone's face ;).. then this is the class for you. Warriors are easy to play, but to become a good pvp warrior there's a bit of a climb in the skills department. It's no different from any other class in WoW. You have pretty much 3-4 main moves in pve, and as you level you'll learn what works and what doesn't. Hunters have it easier when leveling since the pet pretty much soaks the damage of the mobs, where as warriors are right up there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Phlow
So in your world WoG spam does not exsist, or lay on hands, or bubble. The irony here is too much to bare.

Divine Shield and Lay on Hands have a 5 and 10 minute cooldown respectively. Not to mention bubble can be dispeled and shattered. WoG also heals for about 30-40k non-crit. Also it uses holy power which means it is a trade off between damage and healing. Not to mention the gcd it uses unlike second wind. The only time you can WoG spam is when Holy Avenger(2 minute cd) is up. Which is once again a trade off between damage and healing. I don't see your point.
Edited by Hashtag on 10/7/2012 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Lay on hands is a full heal, this is not a minor heal we're talking about cheif, a full heal. When lay on hands is not there you can bubble despite claims of zomgerd dispel, only mass dispel can get rid of bubble and shattering throw is on a 5min cd with a cast time, so again your counters are meaningless. Getting holy power is braindead easy now, it really requires minimal effort to get the 3 charges and pop back up to half or full on a crit, in full pvp power set yes it does heal for that much, once again your arguement falls flat on its face. This supposed trade off for damage is a flimsy excuse when you have other equally strong damage sources, insta cast exo procs, crusader strike, censure 5 stack damage buff, execution sentence it goes on, sacing one dps ability which you can just use again later anyways due to easy holy power gain is not breaking your back. Also, selfless healer says "hi".

You are crying about a class so your class looks less overpowered then it is, sorry but nobody is drinking that kool-aide. Ret pallies trying to make execuse for this survivabilty on top of the insane burst is getting old really fast. Just to shoot down your comeback, second wind only triggers at 35% hp, every class with any measure of burst easilly overcomes this healing, for multiple reasons; 1. the dps requirement to overcome this HoT is very minimal, unloading a full dps rotation is often enough to dig through it, 2. 35% is 35%, push just a little and you put them in execute range (don't even need to do that if you're DK) all of the execute type abiliites will just outright kill the warrior on a crit and nearly kill him on a non crit. Check the average damage on yout hammer execute, it can and will just off a warrior with minimal effort.

Your arguements are hollow, go back to the paladin forums and continue the myth that your self healing is fine and you don't hit that hard.
Edited by Phlow on 10/7/2012 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
-Lay on hands is a full heal, this is not a minor heal we're talking about cheif, a full heal.
-shattering throw is on a 5min cd with a cast time.
-Getting holy power is braindead easy now
-This supposed trade off for damage is a flimsy excuse when you have other equally strong damage sources, insta cast exo procs, crusader strike, censure 5 stack damage buff, execution sentence it goes on,
-Also, selfless healer says "hi".
-Check the average damage on yout hammer execute, it can and will just off a warrior with minimal effort.

-Lay on Hands is a 10 minute cd. It can't be used in arenas
-Shattering throw on a 5 minute cd?So is Divine Shield. How convenient.
-Judgement,exorcism,crusader strike and hammer of wrath all have cds so i'm not really sure where you get the idea of holy power continuously flowing in.
-It is a large trade-off. Templar's Verdict is a main source of damage.
-Selfless healer. That's cute a free heal once every 18 seconds(3 judgements which have ~6 second cd in case you don't know)
-Feel free to check my hammer's damage. It hits for about 16k which is far from being able to finish anyone off let alone a warrior. I wish my hammer was an actual execute.

10k hp per second is way over the top. You also have to consider the fact the warrior is damaging you as well as healing. Warriors got a lot of strong buffs in a lot of areas. You act like they will be useless with a second wind nerf.
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Hunter
I started a warrior and hate it. The worst part is that I know a fair amount about sword play, both from practical experience in Western martial arts and book learnin'. I guess it's a bit idiotic to expect reality in a fantasy game, but still...I should be able to run along and skewer murlocs without even breaking a sweat because my reach is greater than theirs.

Now pardon me while I go log in to my Night Elf hunter just so that I can fly her to Elwyn Forrest to murder repeatedly that 'effing little creature called "Goldtooth."
Edited by Missikea on 10/7/2012 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Maybe you've yet to figure it out, but these numbers you're throwing around are you in full contender pvp set, not the actual pvp set where pvp power is much higher. Please don't make yourself look even more retarded.

Ten min cooldown is no the point, it's a full heal panic button in bgs which by itelf in a fight to fight basis makes pallies more durable then warriors, now reflect on this it may take you some time.

5 min cd, with a casting time on a very specific class, if no warrior is around or priest, guess that bubble is staying up and your illusions of pally being less durable are... dispelled?

All have cooldowns that are very short and exo works off a proc system which lets you insta cast it regardless of cooldown, you must not be very good at this?

Selfless healer is not a toy you can passivly dismiss, judgement is part of your standard rotation and is spammed whenever it's off cd for multiple reasons, also you assume you have to store up 5 stacks, no. Most will go for 3-4 and use it once again you fail to consider the entire picture.

Hammer damage in full contenders is nothing compared to what it is in a full gemmed and enchanted honor set, try again.

Tl;DR Your baseless acusations and numbers are scewed by your contender gear which is not enchanted nor can accept gems. Again the paladins forums are on your left, thank you.
Edited by Phlow on 10/7/2012 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Ok Mr. Paladin so lets say you were the dev, what self-healing ability would you give us? I like the DK one that gives u 50% health... but you're the dev.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
I'm leveling this warrior ATM and so far so good. As prot I have amazing damage and survivability. Still a few levels from spell reflect the whole reason for leveling a warrior.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]