Pandaria Profession Training in Stormwind?

90 Night Elf Warrior
Since starting to get a chance to explore Pandaria a bit, I'm really loving the whole experience, (Bravo, guys! It's been the most immersive experience I've had yet since I first started playing WoW, just in Jade Forest alone!) but I came across something that kind of bothered me about it.

If I recall, one of the major goals of the expansion was to get players out into the world in Pandaria, instead of just chilling in Stormwind or Orgrimmar or the Pandaria faction capital(s).

Using the example of Blacksmithing where I noticed this "problem", I noticed from WoWhead that there are several Blacksmithing trainers scattered about Pandaria in what I can only assume is intentionally NOT in either of the Pandaria faction capitals, so as to encourage players to leave the cities for their training needs. (though, high-level recipes are bought from the Klaxxi and the blacksmithing supply vendors in the Pandaria faction capitals)

I like this notion because it makes sense for the most part, both in terms of getting out and exploring the content, and in terms of lore value: Why WOULD Blacksmithing trainers back in Stormwind or Orgrimmar magically know what to do with Ghost Iron bars, even if you were able to smelt them yourself and bring it to them?

The "problem" I noticed is this: The old-world profession trainers DO know how to train the player in Pandaria crafting (or at least the Blacksmithing trainer in the Dwarven District of Stormwind did), thus basically voiding (in my eyes, at least) the purpose of trying to track down the profession trainers across the new continent when you can just return back to Stormwind or Orgrimmar like you did when Cataclysm was the current expansion content.

This wasn't the case with the release of Wrath of the Lich King, where you found most/all of the new profession trainers shortly after getting off of the boats to whatever starting area you chose to be in.

So what I'm wondering is, is this an oversight in profession training, or is this an intentional shift from the days of Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King where you found most of the trainers in (or near) your entry point to the new content?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]