(Fixed) Character Name not freeing up?

64 Pandaren Monk
Okay, so, I'm doing what I thought was a routine procedure.

I have 11 characters on Emerald Dream on my primary account. I had a name reserved on a second account attached to the same Battle.net account, and I decided today I wanted to change one of my character's names to that name.

However, when I go to delete the character on my second account, and go through the Battle.net Paid Name Change, I am given the error "An error has occurred. This name is not available."

Did this recently change? I went back to my second account, and was able to recreate a character with the name no problem, but when a friend tried making a character with that name (after I deleted it), it said it was unavailable for him.

If so, I definitely missed this. And I'm a little peeved, because I just resubscribed my second account primarily to free up that name.
Edited by Mistclaw on 10/7/2012 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Was the character over 30? If so, the name is locked to that account - I believe for 90 days, but could be wrong. You may be able to put in a ticket and see if there is anything a GM can do for you, otherwise you'd have to wait it out.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
We've been told there is no way to bypass the 30 day lock to account.
Reply Quote
64 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Ambermist
Was the character over 30?

Nope, just a Level 1 alt that never logged in (as far as I know).

10/07/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Tamrâ
We've been told there is no way to bypass the 30 day lock to account.

My issue (I guess) is that I've never had this happen before Mists of Pandaria, following similar steps to what I posted above. I've done it a couple times before. Is this something recently changed?
Edited by Mistclaw on 10/7/2012 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
There was a change to the way delete works. It supposed to lock the name to the account for 30 days, but it's only supposed to be level 30 and above.
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Shaman
When I did this to rename my panda to a name I had reserved it took about 30 minutes or so for the name to become available.

My guess was that it took that long for the system to realize the name was in fact available again.
Edited by Nezne on 10/7/2012 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
64 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Tamrâ
There was a change to the way delete works. It supposed to lock the name to the account for 30 days, but it's only supposed to be level 30 and above.

I know for sure it definitely wasn't above level 30. Is there perhaps a sort of time component for everyone, like I might need to wait an hour for it to be truly "free"?

EDIT: Nezne beat me to it. I'll wait and see if that works. :)
Edited by Mistclaw on 10/7/2012 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/07/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Mistclaw
I've done it a couple times before. Is this something recently changed?

Not as far as I know. I raced changed this girlie a week ago, and changed her name, which I'd had on a level 1 hunter on another account, and had no issues.

I guess, try waiting half hour or so, and then try again.
Reply Quote
64 Pandaren Monk
Edit: As soon as I put in a ticket, it magically works. ;)
Edited by Mistclaw on 10/7/2012 7:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]