Having a hard time deciding....

Dear everybody...I just purchased MoP and am trying to decide which 2 characters I want to level and gear this expansion. In previous expansions I have had six or seven capped toons but never really had one or two super geared. This time I'm going to pick two and actually become skilled at them. My question to ya'll is if you were starting today which two characters would you pick to level? Also which specs and why??

Choices are:

Mage
Paladin
Druid
Warrior
Hunter
Rogue
Priest

Thanks for the input =) I don't care if the class is struggling or super OP I just want to know which classes you all enjoy the most and why!
Reply Quote
Having a similar dilemma as you are, but I can give you my 2 cents....

Out of the following classes you listed above, there are 2 I can say I have had a blast with.

To start it off, The hunter. First coming into WoW during BC, The hunter was my very first class, so it has the "Special place" in my WoW heart. I just love the idea of agile ranged classes...... As long as I don't have a gun equipped.... Cause that ruins everything, in my opinion. But bows and crossbows are awesome. On a side note, BM is currently very strong, but expect a nerf to it very soon (Hearing that there is a patch tomorrow? Correct me if I'm wrong).

The mage is also a class I enjoyed greatly, although I only got mine to around 30-40 before going back to my main for raiding... I do wish I continued him though. Magic classes have always stood out to me in rpg games, so naturally, the mage and its arcane abilities strike my interest.

The best advice I can give, and the one I can never seem to follow, is to simply play what fits your playstyle... Picture yourself in real life having a choice to specialize in some sort of combat style... Will you pick up a bow and start pew-pewing, or will you grab a staff and blow some $%@# up? Ask yourself that, and you should find your answer. Also, don't worry about how classes and specs are doing. All classes and specs are viable enough at what they do, otherwise Blizzard would not have put them in the game. :)

Best of luck to you, and good luck!
Reply Quote
They aren't on your list, but I'd go Shaman/Lock.
Shaman is the only healer I'd also enjoy DPSing with. And the Destro Lock has my favorite DPS rotation atm.

If I could only choose from your list...
Holy Priest - Doesn't rely on HoTs or meta-resources like Holy Power
BM Hunter - Fun and simple rotation
Reply Quote
I picked mage from my mage, paladin, rogue and priest.

If I had a hunter, I'll probably go for it.
Reply Quote
Anything but mage and you're good.

I'd probably pick paladin or priest out of that list though. Holy/Ret and Disc/Shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Isn't there achievements for getting multiple classes and professions to max now? Just level them all! :)
Reply Quote
I level my mage and DK until there's no more content. I guess from your list you should do pally. I like having a DPS and a tank class to choose from.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]