WW not ment for PvP?

90 Pandaren Monk
All im seeing is people complain and I keep saying the same thing...
Has it occured to any of you... that MAYBE... WW.. was not ment to excel at PvP.. atleast not in the way you want to PvP.. I've seen WW at the Farm in AB slaughter people trying to touch the flag.
So you cant charge, you have trouble closing in, well change the way you approach fights. Change the way you handle random encounters. Everyone wasnt ment for the frontlines or to go toe-2-toe and you'd think as experienced as most of you seem that this concept might have clicked a bit sooner. Not calling anyone stupid just saying how long does it take to recognize a class you "play" strengths and weaknesses?
Edited by Xiangshu on 10/9/2012 7:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
another WW post, i wonder if they get the hint? i would think either letting us get out of roots or changing just one ability would make a world of difference so we dont get stunned or rooted to death, crackling jade is not worth spamming at all, it is something to do, but does not give Chi quick enough to be viable.
Edited by Throttlatar on 10/7/2012 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Im not complaining i havent made it to 90 and even when i do i dont plan on PvPing as WW gona be BrM all the way and play my strengths you know..strategic combat and all that good stuff.. isnt that how you win wars? aren't we at war? erhm FOR THE HORDE! heh
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Yea and how is that going to help us in arenas? You said yourself you have no experience with the subject and have no intention of playing it so why do you think you have any idea what you are saying?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
im not going to just be a brewmaster cause i have issues with surviving 5 others pwning me, it should be expected.

Though as i played a Feral last season, it takes work to get used to all your abilities, and your enemies abilities.

"know Thy Enemy" Counter their strengths! Then and only then shall you succeed....
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Go to youtube. Type in Level 90 Windwalker PvP.

Observe.

This guy makes it work 1v1 against Frost Mages, Warriors, Spriests, etc.

Yes, he's raidbuffed. However, that doesn't mean the potential isn't there.

It just plays a lot differently than anything else in the game currently.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
WW is fine 1v1 but 1v1 is not what this game is supposedly balanced around.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
10/07/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Rygg

Yeah, it's kind of like they're meant to keep pressure up on an enemy while teammates do the bursting. Almost like Unholy DKs.

This was my thought as well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
10/07/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Rygg

Yeah, it's kind of like they're meant to keep pressure up on an enemy while teammates do the bursting. Almost like Unholy DKs.
except we don't have near the ToT of UH dks and are a ton more susceptible to cc.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Its to hard to stay on or even get on target in pvp, you roll and there never in range and WW monks have so much trouble with roots its a must to pick up tigers lust which means you cant have momentum(its worse if you grab momentum over tigers lust).

Something thats annoying is jab hitting for damage that would have been considered low at 85, need to take some damage from auto attacks and give it to jab.

Also with our crappy uptime its hard to stack tiger palm because you only have a short time to bust out what ever you can before you are /kited/rooted again.
Edited by Stenchmaster on 10/7/2012 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Its to hard to stay on or even get on target in pvp, you roll and there never in range and WW monks have so much trouble with roots its a must to pick up tigers lust which means you cant have momentum(its worse if you grab momentum over tigers lust).

Something thats annoying is jab hitting for damage that would have been considered low at 85, need to take some damage from auto attacks and give it to jab.

Also with our crappy uptime its hard to stack tiger palm because you only have a short time to bust out what ever you can before you are /kited/rooted again.

I would honestly say just have Jab hit for weapon damage with a 2h, and with both weaps for weapon damage when DWing.

Make it actually meaningful damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
My personal opinion of pvp is that our damage isnt low cause im usually in the top 6 in damage overall, arenas i run with a ret pally for points and even when he pops his cds i can almost always out damage him even in fights that last just long enough for his cds to run their full coarse. I came into this knowing tigers lust was going to be a need for monks but really if roll and FSK broke roots monks would NEVER be rooted and it would be kind of op, picking up clairity and just f*cking a mages day, i can already do that i dont need that many root breaks, there are a few things i would like to see, jab either being taken down in energy cost by 10 or 15 and/or increasing hte damage of it because when i see a 21k crit i die a little bit inside, RSK get a bit lower of a cd, 6sec (on par with MS)...aside from that im fairly happy with this class, im still deciding on usefulness of some talents and such like the 30 teir which all seem fairly useless and give somewhat of minimal healing thus not really helping my survivability much, tho maybe im being greedy. personal thoughts from random pvping through the lvling process and doing arenas and bgs in the 90's
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Some of the tank abilities should be introduced to WW for pvp viability tbh. The catching mechanism is way too hard against heavy kiters. Should have reliable target able root. Why would BM have clash and WW don't, it's very odd. Monk are leather armoured they do need ams or guard for WW as well , at least a bit lower absorbent shield and the dmg split thing should be there as well for additional utility. The class already has it own pvp viable skills. Just have to transfer across specs. Having guard for WW isn't op! Just look how ridiculous second wind is right now on warrior who have million stuns
Edited by Alza on 10/8/2012 6:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
All im seeing is people complain and I keep saying the same thing...
Has it occured to any of you... that MAYBE... WW.. was not ment to excel at PvP.. atleast not in the way you want to PvP.. I've seen WW at the Farm in AB slaughter people trying to touch the flag.
So you cant charge, you have trouble closing in, well change the way you approach fights. Change the way you handle random encounters. Everyone wasnt ment for the frontlines or to go toe-2-toe and you'd think as experienced as most of you seem that this concept might have clicked a bit sooner. Not calling anyone stupid just saying how does it take to recognize a class you "play" strengths and weaknesses?

This is probably the dumbest comment I've seen lmao thanks for the Monday morning laugh...
Reply Quote
In the right hands monks can do decent in pvp, they aren't op like some classes are right now, they do need so tweaking here and there but right now they are as good as the player that plays the class.

If you want prove that monks can do awesome in BGs, I took this last night in eots

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa277/Illdarifighter/screenshots/WoWScrnShot_100712_015828.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
In the right hands monks can do decent in pvp, they aren't op like some classes are right now, they do need so tweaking here and there but right now they are as good as the player that plays the class.

If you want prove that monks can do awesome in BGs, I took this last night in eots

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa277/Illdarifighter/screenshots/WoWScrnShot_100712_015828.jpg

I think you missed the option to show how much damage you did. 3 mil. ROFL look at the others.. congrats on getting final hits?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I haven't tried WW PvP but if blizzard releases a class in this day and age with the design choice that they are not supposed to be good in PvP than they are more insane than you for suggesting it.

I think a lot of the problems with WW monks prob has to do with how OP a lot of other classes are anyway.

Just looking at their skills and playing it a bit here and there, I can see where it needs..... more.

I think WW monk just needs more to their toolkit to be useful.

Blizzard will prob do a big overhall of a bunch of abilities in the coming months anyway. Just look at how much they changed DK.

Just keep vocal about specific changes that need to happen in this window we have where we are under extreme scrutiny since they are way more open to doing a major overall on us now than other classes since we are essentially a class in development.
Edited by Anonumos on 10/8/2012 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]