WW not ment for PvP?

In the right hands monks can do decent in pvp, they aren't op like some classes are right now, they do need so tweaking here and there but right now they are as good as the player that plays the class.

If you want prove that monks can do awesome in BGs, I took this last night in eots

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa277/Illdarifighter/screenshots/WoWScrnShot_100712_015828.jpg

I think you missed the option to show how much damage you did. 3 mil. ROFL look at the others.. congrats on getting final hits?

too bad you didn't see I topped HKs and Honor (KBs as well). Go run your damage meters in pve, scrub.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Why would ww be meant to not excell in pvp? why else would you give a class interupt silence, disarm, 2 stuns, a range root, a melee root, good aoe and a damage reflect type move?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

I think you missed the option to show how much damage you did. 3 mil. ROFL look at the others.. congrats on getting final hits?

too bad you didn't see I topped HKs and Honor (KBs as well). Go run your damage meters in pve, scrub.

You topped honor because of your daily #1
You can top Hks by simply hitting 1 button when they are at 10% hp #2
If it wasn't for people doing damage you wouldn't of been stealing anyone's Hks #3

Theory: I simply run around killshot everyone and do nothing else. get most HKS,do medium to no damage. then im the best on the team?

Thats what you just said. Bye now
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
All of you have done nothing but agree with me in one way or another. Your all admitting that WW in PvP has some of the same challenges that other classes face and that you can be successful in certain encounters with WW in PvP thus PROOVING that the class isnt broken your just crying because things arent going your way. I'm not on the "go BrM" bandwagon all im saying is an apple will always be an apple no matter how much you try to make it an orange.

thanks for all the feedback both negative and positive. Nothing gets me higher then insults from random people.
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Monk
I know my opinion doesn't matter much since I just started leveling my monk. But I just can't see the monk being that bad at 90 unless the damage just isn't there. I dont see how we can be kited. We have a sprint that breaks roots on a 30 second cooldown (that's op btw). We can roll as far as a mage can blink and we can fly across an arena like a missile with a short cd. Our rolls will also break snares and we can detox crip poison and a dks frost disease.

I'm going to continue leveling my ww monk anyways and see for my self, but I just cant see us being as terrible as people say we are.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
WW Monks are honestly not the best class to PvP. Blizz need to make some adjustments to even them out.
Edited by Ayve on 10/9/2012 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Mistfallen
Why would ww be meant to not excell in pvp? why else would you give a class interupt silence, disarm, 2 stuns, a range root, a melee root, good aoe and a damage reflect type move?

LoL my friend clearly you missed the sarcasm in the title. Im aware of the classes many advantages in PvP based on its abilities. What im pointing out is the fact that people are trying to do things with the spec that make no sense and QQing over the results.

EXAMPLE:
With all the stuns, roots, etc, it seems to me like a smart WW would be inside WSG defending the flag making it nearly impossible for someone to escape . Opposed to being in the open field with no way to close in on any target and your ranged root requires decent aim.

Play your strengths people. The game is based on WAR and most of you have no sense of battle strategy. For every shortcoming the WW has there is another class that blows them out of the water. Granted WW can do some things in certain situations that that class may find difficult. Stop trying to be superman midfield and be more beneficial to your team. I bet thats the real issue here, everyones so wrapped up in dps charts and personal performance that we lose sight of the team effort.. this game is built on TEAMWORK. Raiding, Arenas, BG's, 5mans, even down to the occasional group quest.

Before you QQng WW's leave some snide remark thats supposed to make you feel better and hurt my feelings enter a BG and play it differently and tell me you dont enjoy the overall experience more. Yeah you may not get as many kills as your used to but I thought the real goal was to win? Or is my darkest fears true and people these days really dont care about the team winning their concern is to get as much honor as they can based on what they did? Large part of why I dont PvP hardcore anymore, and why our community has becomes what it is. I mean just read the post its nothing but people taking shots at each other largely without even offering a small bit of positive advice or suggestions.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
10/09/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Xiangshu

LoL my friend clearly you missed the sarcasm in the title. Im aware of the classes many advantages in PvP based on its abilities. What im pointing out is the fact that people are trying to do things with the spec that make no sense and QQing over the results.

EXAMPLE:
With all the stuns, roots, etc, it seems to me like a smart WW would be inside WSG defending the flag making it nearly impossible for someone to escape . Opposed to being in the open field with no way to close in on any target and your ranged root requires decent aim.

Play your strengths people. The game is based on WAR and most of you have no sense of battle strategy. For every shortcoming the WW has there is another class that blows them out of the water. Granted WW can do some things in certain situations that that class may find difficult. Stop trying to be superman midfield and be more beneficial to your team. I bet thats the real issue here, everyones so wrapped up in dps charts and personal performance that we lose sight of the team effort.. this game is built on TEAMWORK. Raiding, Arenas, BG's, 5mans, even down to the occasional group quest.

Before you QQng WW's leave some snide remark thats supposed to make you feel better and hurt my feelings enter a BG and play it differently and tell me you dont enjoy the overall experience more. Yeah you may not get as many kills as your used to but I thought the real goal was to win? Or is my darkest fears true and people these days really dont care about the team winning their concern is to get as much honor as they can based on what they did? Large part of why I dont PvP hardcore anymore, and why our community has becomes what it is. I mean just read the post its nothing but people taking shots at each other largely without even offering a small bit of positive advice or suggestions.
some people actually enjoy rated pvp...
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Monk
I find that in arena im not realy kited that much. Over shooting with roll is as easy as truning around they run right in to your disable every time or useing that skill that shoots the fire blossom for its root. In bgs is when i get kited and cc is outa controll but that is because everyone has so many group pvp is just a cc fest. Taking in to acount talents i get 2 aoe stuns 2 sleeps disalbe and a ranged snar thats a good amount of cc. In arean if you get more then 1 person in the aoe stuns even stuns both of them you can lock the team down for a while and full up with a sleep on one. I also picked defuse magic to take off dots and frost nova to help with the CC issue. Im not the best in arenas tryed runing with a dk did not go so well but did a lot better with a lock. Also the best way to heal seems to be exspel harm and a black out kick to the face anything else seems like a wast of time.
Edited by Emeraldstorm on 10/9/2012 8:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
ok, im having fun as a WW and did pretty well in Arena, but i do think this is only because most players are clueless to our abilities. such as touch of karma when they burst. it is just not smart, and running in front of FoFs LOL.... but when they start to wise up, it will prob be impossible to kill anything.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Monkology
This is probably the dumbest comment I've seen lmao thanks for the Monday morning laugh...

Everybodies a critic.. even the nobodies.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Monk
Oh ya i guess i have to give you that Throttlatar people dont know what monks can do and they always dps you when tuch of karma is up.
Reply Quote
3 Human Rogue
It's horrible in pvp..
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
10/09/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Throttlatar
ok, im having fun as a WW and did pretty well in Arena, but i do think this is only because most players are clueless to our abilities. such as touch of karma when they burst. it is just not smart, and running in front of FoFs LOL.... but when they start to wise up, it will prob be impossible to kill anything.

It's getting to that point already..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Monk to be honest is the lamest thing they ever created to the game. Even at low lvl, you misses and thing always !@#$ign dodge for no reason.. Huh! there is no chance in high ended arena as windwalker.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Xiangshu
This is probably the dumbest comment I've seen lmao thanks for the Monday morning laugh...

Everybodies a critic.. even the nobodies.

He's more of a somebody than you. And absolutely correct. a WW holds a flag significantly worse than almost every other spec that is designed around holding a flag. BM would be better at holding the flag than a WW would since in any sort of meaningful pvp you'd need to hold it only so long until reinforcements arrive. Something that tanks obviously do better at.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
my biggest pvp issues as a WW is getting kited to easily, BM hunters Stampede is dumb, Touch of Karma should not cost anything with such a long CD and require you to face your target. Spinning Fire Blossom should not be directional, i dont want to mention this bug but out of combat and spec'd into chi brew you can spam Spinning fire blossom without costing any chi over and over again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/11/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Throttlatar
i dont want to mention this bug but out of combat and spec'd into chi brew you can spam Spinning fire blossom without costing any chi over and over again.

Spinning Fire Blossom doesn't cost chi unless it hits a target. You can spam it all you want at the cost of a global.

If you're saying that you can be hitting targets without it costs chi then.. yeah.. that's probably a problem.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
i too would like to give vague advice on how to pvp. teach me your ways
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]