Templar's Verdict vs Word of Glory

90 Human Paladin
I'm curious to know from level 90 paladins, reasonably geared, as to which one deals more damage. Currently at level 85, while still in my Cataclysm greens and blues, Word of Glory glyphed with Harsh Words hit for about 3-5k harder than Templar's Verdict.

Yet, most Retadin resources say Templar's Verdict is the primary Holy Power dump. So why is Word of Glory hitting harder? Is it because it's scaling is better while leveling, and that at 90, with level 90 gear, Templar's Verdict will overcome it in damage?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks, guess I was right in my initial assumption that a glyphed Word of Glory is just a ranged substitute when melee isn't an option.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Are you taking hand of light into account? Even with the rating drops at 90, I still have somewhere around 48% extra holy damage to TV after inquisition, that appears as a separate number.

Its the same deal with Hammer of Wrath. At a glance it and CS appear to be weaker than exorcism, but the mastery pushes it ahead.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Alright, time for me to go full retard. "What if" instead of stacking mastery, you'd stack Crit or Haste, and glyph for Harsh Words and WoG for the 9% damage after using a 3 HP WoG, now. I know Mastery is boss but it only effects 2-3 of our main skills, CS and TV.. HoW when under 20% and Avenging Wrath..

So what I'm saying is that if you switch out TV for WoG mastery wouldn't be as beneficial, It'll also put Judgement over CS for AW filler if you choose to spec into Sanctified Wrath. Divine Purpose looks nice too being as if you don't have the mastery to make Hammer of Wrath hit like a brick with Hand of Light, perhaps the additional WoG passive would be nice.

Sadly being as I'm only level 88 I can't test these, but it's always fun to test new things so I can't wait.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
10/08/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Royaltears
Alright, time for me to go full retard. "What if" instead of stacking mastery, you'd stack Crit or Haste, and glyph for Harsh Words and WoG for the 9% damage after using a 3 HP WoG, now. I know Mastery is boss but it only effects 2-3 of our main skills, CS and TV.. HoW when under 20% and Avenging Wrath..

Haste is our best stat now. We should be stacking that anyway. Even so, Hand of Light is still one of our biggest contributors to total damage.

Also, Harsh Word also doesn't proc Seals, so you have to add that additional 12% weapon damage to Templar's Verdict as well.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Even with next to no mastery, TV's flat value still hits harder, before mastery and seal procs once you're passed a certain level of gear, and pretty much being past 85 means you are passed that level of gear.

The wog glyph interacting with harsh words has been stated as unintended, and at some point will get fixed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]