gara'jal the spiritbinder help

1 Blood Elf Rogue
Hi guys,

My guild just started raiding tonight and got the first 2 bosses down no problem in less than 2 hours. We had a short raid tonight and only got one attempt on the third boss. I'd like to get some input on who we should send in to the spirit realm.

Raid comp:
Tanks:
Warrior
Pally
Dps:
Mage
Hunter
Shadowpriest
Ele Sham
Due to attendance issue w core team member we will have a sub on tues that will either be a rogue, dk, or ele sham as last dps.
Healers:
Monk
Holy Pally
Druid (will likely go boomie for this fight, but his dps is comparatively a bit lower than other dps)

So... in terms of dps, we have an absolutely exceptional mage in our raid group. I only mention this because of the mechanics of the fight. The rest of the dps are solidly above average but not really exceptional.

Our holy pally is at about a 360 i level- very good healer, but not super geared. Our monk is higher, about 365 i level I believe.

So... we were going to 2 heal it and hope that the pally's gear is good enough (is that a high enough i level?) But my real question is who to send into the spirit realm... I have been doing research and on the forums people seem to say to alternate dps going into spirit realm but in other places I am hearing that you should send your top dps in every time. Since we have one dps who is outstanding I'm not sure if that should affect our strat at all.

If anybody could give suggestions/pointers I'd REALLY appreciate it. Thank you.
Edited by Honeyheaded on 10/8/2012 1:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
with 2 healing, you want a decent spread of damage on the spirit adds so they don't overwhelm your group.

As far as your paladins ilevel, ignore the level, look at skill it matters much much much more than his gearscore, you get near unlimited mana if you do this encounter correctly, as the healer who isn't voodoo'd should be the one to go into the spirit realm.

You want your best DPSer rolling stacks from the spirit realm buff, with a secondary DPS at least backing them up, if not fully alternating (One strat I saw, mentioned having 1 player going in just to get stacks and zoning out early to get high uptime on boss with the buffer.

The 20% burn isn't so bad if you had decent add control for the first 80%, the enrage will be the bigger issue here, so having a good amount of stacks to make this 20% short will be more imperative than having every single spirit dead downstairs.
Edited by Postonforums on 10/8/2012 1:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
Our holy pally is really good but I was just curious about his gear if he ends up getting voodoo'd more than once in a row... how his mana would hold up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As for healers we send in the healer that needs mana at the time. A boomkin and I usually go into the spirit realm and just tab dot cleave all the spirits and usually kill them all, leave, dps boss for 5-10 seconds and then go back in and pew pew more spirits.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/08/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Honeyheaded
Our holy pally is really good but I was just curious about his gear if he ends up getting voodoo'd more than once in a row... how his mana would hold up.

I 2 healed Gara'jal in 455 gear and ranked pretty well this past Thursday. If he is really good he won't have an issue keeping up. As long as he has a reasonable amount of spirit and him and the 2nd healer rotate in the spirit realm, mana shouldn't be an issue.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
10/08/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Glorÿ

I 2 healed Gara'jal in 455 gear and ranked pretty well this past Thursday. If he is really good he won't have an issue keeping up. As long as he has a reasonable amount of spirit and him and the 2nd healer rotate in the spirit realm, mana shouldn't be an issue.

Great, thank you. This is what I needed to hear. He is a very strong healer- good to know that his gear wont be an impediment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]