Resto + engineering + helm + trinket = wtf?

90 Tauren Druid
Yeah, this is weird.

I'm nearly 600 eng.

Which means if I make my helm and the trinket, that's 5 cogwheel slots.

and

There are only 4 stats on cogwheels that benefit my class. Haste, spirit, mastery, and crit. So I'm thinking there's not really a point in using both the helm and the trinket and I'll have to choose one or the other.

I'm guessing I should just make the helm and not use the trinket since the helm is higher ilvl? What do you guys think?
Edited by Morehots on 10/8/2012 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm a JC and am limited to 2 JC only cuts compared to 3 last xpac. Nice eh?

ALways use the higher level since this will be replaced later than the lower.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Cogwheels aren't engineer-only these days.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

i mean last xpac the jc gems cut were 67. so you were getting 51 int overall . in this xpac..the cuts are 320 compared to the 120 cuts...you arent losing anything...its quite better
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

i mean last xpac the jc gems cut were 67. so you were getting 51 int overall . in this xpac..the cuts are 320 compared to the 120 cuts...you arent losing anything...its quite better

This is correct. They actually even noted it. They changed it to 2 gems so it would make gearing a little easier with the same amount of bonus ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The main reason I have Engineering is for the SS. They are incredible in coordination with your Incarnation. and if you PvP, Twin Peaks, the glider and boots are EXTREMELY OP. You can glide halfway across the map on Alliance side before your team gets 1/4th of the way to river.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Just an FYI to the original poster - I found that you can actually stack the cogwheels from Cata (+208 stats) with the ones from MOP (+600 stats). Obviously this isn't the most ideal, but it keeps you from waisting sockets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]