Cross Realm Raiding

90 Human Paladin
I was looking for a thread about this but no luck. I switched from Hord to Alliance so that I could play with some friends threw real id on another server but I wouldn't want to switch servers because I enjoy pvp realms way too much to leave that. Questing and dungeons have been a blast so far and I personally think the cross realm thing is one of the best things blizz has ever done. With all that said I just have one question. When am I going to be able to raid with my friends? I understand blizz would want to limit it on progression but damn, it was cleared the first day it was out. I really hope this opens up for me and friends when LFR and Heroics are released next week.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I was under the impression we could cross realm que for LFR.
I don't know about regular though.
Reply Quote
14 Troll Priest
I was under the impression that if you battletag/Rid with people you could Cross Realm Raid.

I do fully admit this could be incorrect, I've only done dungeons with b.tag friends using the DF.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You can BG, Dungeon run, quest and even do Rated Battle Grounds with people on your real ID/battletag list but blizz made it so you cant raid in mop normal raids with them. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is going to change next week. Its just kinda funny that they let people do a competitive thing like RBG's but not let them raid using it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Think of the possibilities if there was a normal raiding conglomeration spread throughout all servers. Looting is distinguished per raid ID I know, but think of the possible detrimental effects it may do to the the population that looks for raids on their own server. It may be a good idea because it will open people to look for raids on other servers, and it may leave out the usual pickings low pop servers have. Think of PUGs you have done for the past couple years, think of names of the usual attendees you have seen. Some of the differences without that would be positive or negative, its just aspects that blizzard has probably already thought of.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You could do it last xpack, the change is new to mop. I have yet to see the reason why.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/08/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Dalmore
You could do it last xpack, the change is new to mop. I have yet to see the reason why.

Actually, you could only do current tier raiding after DS was nerfed quite a few times. Which is possible that's what will happen with the current tier, can do cross realm raiding after the content is deemed "old" enough.

Can at least do LFR, for now. Maybe raiding cross realm (for current content) is something they might add in the future, but it's unlikely to happen anytime soon.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
LNC
IMO, Blizzard will never allow cross realm raiding for the current tier. They make too much money on character transfers from realm to realm for this purpose. I can't see them implementing a concept that solely loses them money and make the players happy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Little late to the party aren't you Lownwulf?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]