Druid healing.. and mana problems..

80 Blood Elf Rogue
Now, I don't have too many problems with mana unless !@#$ goes down. But what im concerned with is that Resto druids are the only healing class that doesnt have a constant way to regain mana. Priests get it from their shields popping and a talent ability, Shamans get the Water Shield as well as can spam LB to get their mana back, and monks have their mana tea. Am i missing something? Or is that a lil' unfair?

Druids are meant to be raid healers, so in theory theyre casting more than any other healer. Why do we have the worst possible ways to get our mana back?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
they have innervate on one and it pops on themselves

also priests mana is worse than druids, they can barely keep mana up and have no hefty heal CD's
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
No matter how many forums you post this on, it continues to not be a valid concern. Make better use of your OoC procs, carry mana potions if you need to.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I understand why you haven't posted on your main.

We are lucky to be where we are at with regen without it being difficult as it is for priests. FOr druids I see regen strictly as gear issue and in fact I'm right (as usual) ....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/09/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Stupidrogues
Priests get it from their shields popping

To be clear, priests don't 'gain' mana from their shields popping. Once every 12 seconds (I think), their shield is free. But they don't gain mana.

Druids have innervate, which is fantastic, and they have Omen of Clarity, which is also fantastic.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Gruk, priests do get some mana back for shields popping... but in my experience so far priests are alittle harder mana wise.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Druids are fine with mana regen. Sounds like someone isn't using their OoC procs at opportune times.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/09/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Oakpaw
Druids are fine with mana regen. Sounds like someone isn't using their OoC procs at opportune times.

This this this!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
See, now I haven't had any problems with mana on heroics, and my gear is mostly atrocious.

Are you people using regrowth as your main heal or what? Seriously.

Saicy's ezpz guide to not being oom as a resto drood:

1. Activate your mastery
2. Roll blooms
3. swiftmend, especially if you have a lot of melee stacked
4. rejuv for medium damage
5. regrowth on clearcasting procs
6. use your free NS heal, it's only a 1 minute CD. ONE MINUTE. FREE.
7. lot of damage and you're low on mana? Tree from, roll blooms, use CC procs liberally.
8. Use ninnervationz at about 80% mana on a boss fight, drink otherwise.

bam that easily heals every heroic currently in the game.

Also, I like to symbiosis priests and lifegrip baddies out of the fire. Most of them get the hint.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
they have innervate on one and it pops on themselves

also priests mana is worse than druids, they can barely keep mana up and have no hefty heal CD's

after taking priest and druid through 90 heroics this is:

disc - true
holy - false
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I rarely have mana issues, unless multiple dps are constantly being dumb by standing in stuff. Plus we have Innervate & Omen of Clarity.

The trick to being a druid healer is understanding & trusting your HoT's to do their job. If your raid team is doing their job and not standing in damage, then all you need to do is keep Lifebloom & Rejuv stacked on the tank (Adding Regrowth to the stack when he is taking heavier damage.) While using Wild Growth for group dps damage (Adding a Rejuv to each if they took heavy damage & Regrowth in Tree Form on dps if Tranquility is on CD.)
Reply Quote
98 Tauren Druid
If you're having mana issues, treat your incarnation as a regen cooldown. Pop it, spread lifeblooms on everyone for tons of OoC procs, and heal mostly-for-free. Can easily end up with more mana at the end of it then you had when you popped it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Here is what you need to know about druid healing:

Take Nourish off your bar.
Take Healing Touch off your bar.
Glyph Regrowth.
Glyph Wild Growth.
Spec SotF.
LB the main tank.
Rejuv the main tank.
Rejuv DPS if they are dotted.
If raid is taking damage, swiftmend for the SotF proc and use Wild Growth.
Use tranquility if Wild Growth is on CD and !@#$ is hitting the fan.
Use Regrowth when OoC procs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
"Take Nourish off your bar" - I kinda disagree...cheap heal that activates our mastery and decent for refreshing lifebloom when there isn't a lot of damage going out.

"Take Healing Touch off your bar; Glyph Regrowth." - Purely situational usage for both spells glyphed or not. HT is more efficient HPM wise. Glyphed Regrowth is ideal for tank healing due to LS. I personally like to have the HoT for swiftmends, especially on the raid. In a raid setting with all the buffs, your difference on crit % for Regrowth isn't going to be that huge of a difference since it already has a 60% base crit. However, I may try this for our first raid to see how it goes for me.

"Glyph Wild Growth" - For 25 man/LFR yes. It's a HPS loss on 10 man.

"Spec SotF." - I'll certainly be trying this out.

"LB the main tank.
Rejuv the main tank.
Use Regrowth when OoC procs." - Yes yes yes!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
NOURISH I kinda disagree...cheap heal that activates our mastery and decent for refreshing lifebloom when there isn't a lot of damage going out.

Do you actually look at how much a nourish heals for on average? It practically is worthless on top of not even being needed for harmony whatsoever now. Useless and a waste of mana since it is not neutral in our gear.

HEALING TOUCH Purely situational usage for both spells glyphed or not. HT is more efficient HPM wise. Glyphed Regrowth is ideal for tank healing due to LS. I personally like to have the HoT for swiftmends, especially on the raid. In a raid setting with all the buffs, your difference on crit % for Regrowth isn't going to be that huge of a difference since it already has a 60% base crit. However, I may try this for our first raid to see how it goes for me.

No it's not.

*RG costs the same
*RG casts much quicker
*RG crits for more
*RG with gylph is pretty much guaranteed crit - which doesn't mean the gylph is in any way wasted because of LS.
*RG heals for roughly the average HT amount
*RG coupled with NS not only 'saves' it will more than likely add LivingSeed to your tank too.

There simply is no reason to use HT or Nourish in this game now period. Use what you want but the facts remain.

"Glyph Wild Growth" - For 25 man/LFR yes. It's a HPS loss on 10 man.

I'm sorry you have detailed information on this from where? We're not in last tier and assumptions mean nothing. With SotF and WG the former ideas ae thrown out the window including pet heals. So without me claiming to 'know' as you do provide proof from in game logs and comparisons or it's only a guess.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/09/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Saicy
Are you people using regrowth as your main heal or what? Seriously.

I understand you're talking to the OP about maybe mindlessly spamming RG? but RG *IS* our *main* go to DIRECT HEAL over HT these days. If you look you'll see the only differences are speed and RG wins by a considerable amount. There's no reason to ever cast HT at present.

Of course the same restrictions that apply to using HT apply to RG but let's not give the idea that RG costs anymore than HT like Cata days.
Edited by Moophious on 10/10/2012 8:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Here is what you need to know about druid healing:

Take Nourish off your bar.
Take Healing Touch off your bar.
Glyph Regrowth.
Glyph Wild Growth.
Spec SotF.
LB the main tank.
Rejuv the main tank.
Use Regrowth when OoC procs.

Spoken like a true person who has yet to raid.

Embarrassing advice right there.
Reply Quote
1) only discipline priests get mana back from a shield popping, and I'm pretty sure nobody has enough spirit to cover the cost of the shield yet.

2) Druids > Priests by far for regen (having a 90 priest on beta (same regen mechanics) made me decide to roll a druid for raid healing).

Maybe I'm not quite at a high enough gear level, but I find all my heals useful still.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

There simply is no reason to use HT or Nourish in this game now period. Use what you want but the facts remain.

No reason?
A Crit HT will heal for more than ANY RG will ever heal. If anyone if using anything other than NS+HT, then they're playing wrong. It's instant, free, heals the same as RG Glyphed, but has the chance to heal for double in the event it crits. You call that useless "in this game now period. Use what you want but the facts remain."
I just provided facts to the contrary. Where are your facts that HT is completely useless? And don't tell me you didn't say that. You did. Period.

Nourish has limited use. But it's still there.

Those are facts. Please don't call something a fact without any facts to back up your OPINION.
HT is still a big part of our arsenal. Everybody is undergeared right now. When our Crit's and Masterys' start ramping up HT will be immensely powerful and Nourish will have increased effect.
Edited by Tonydanza on 10/10/2012 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

No reason?
A Crit HT will heal for more than ANY RG will ever heal. If anyone if using anything other than NS+HT, then they're playing wrong. It's instant, free, heals the same as RG Glyphed, but has the chance to heal for double in the event it crits. You call that useless "in this game now period. Use what you want but the facts remain."
I just provided facts to the contrary. Where are your facts that HT is completely useless? And don't tell me you didn't say that. You did. Period.

Nourish has limited use. But it's still there.

Those are facts. Please don't call something a fact without any facts to back up your OPINION.
HT is still a big part of our arsenal. Everybody is undergeared right now. When our Crit's and Masterys' start ramping up HT will be immensely powerful and Nourish will have increased effect.

I was waiting for you to try and use the 'you haven't raided' on me like you did the previous guy.

A crit HT? Really? That's almost funny. I would love to entertain your 'opinion' about this but you're a druid who didn't even kill DS after the nerfs let alone anything else to know what the heck you're talking about.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]