Why Have they Done all of this you say?

A brief Summary of why My peers and I went from 30+ accounts to about 5 in the History of Worldofwarcraft-mmorpg. Which was not content based at all. This is an explanation to all those who can't believe how people can get so mad about the content and mechanics of a game. And if this is only the result of 15 people Imagine the result of thousands who went through the same thing. (for Snofox)

. Let's start From the Beginning. In 2004, When I was Introduced to the game by my employer, He had 3 accounts one for him, His wife, and daughter. Shortly after I had One For Me, my wife and son. I asked a childhood friend to participate, and even Bought and paid for the account for 6 months (Four Accounts) till he really got into it, then took it over. he In turn, bought an account for his GF, and her son. This happened About 10 more times worth of friends and family.

. 2005 Came; A few hurricanes, and floods, and left. There were some really great changes in the game which utilized more of much needed display interactivity. That was the Best! No One will complain about those addons. (ADDONS)

2006 Came, And we were warned of an impending crash. Which we all Know was ignored.

. 2007 TBC arrived with great enthusiasm and everyone took to it like Newborns! The changes kept coming, In competition for other MMORPG's coming on the market (I have friends who are Game Designers) changes in talents, mechanics etc.

. On the life side, business slowed a bit, and some cutbacks at work, and Industry forced me to re-evaluate and see whether or not my son was terribly into the game. He really wasn't; He still favored PS2/3 and his PSP. So with watching consumption we shelved his account. My employer, shelved His wife's, and my friend shelved his GF's son's for similar reasons. But we continued to play and explore and see little helpful ADDONS arrive.Then 2008 Wrath Arrived with its overpowered Death Knights. And Lots of complaining began until over half the year the Knights were nerfed.

. Again with all the sudden economic crash, we were forced to review our lives. At that moment I wasn't much worse off but, 4 of the ten original frinds I brought on with their wives and children lost everything. And Had to drop out. (about 9 accounts lost) Suddenly the Games Changes Started coming in Droves Patches upon Patches, Talent resets over and over again. Claiming to be In Anticipation of The next extension. The Changes were overwhelming in some events. To the tune, that with everyhitng else going on, People's escape from those changes, this game, was also changing to a ludicrous degree. I had 3 more friends throw in the towel. (7 more accounts)

. By Mid 2009 Businesses were closing left and right, Corporations and City's were filing Bankruptcy. My company suffered miserably cancelling New Hires, raises and Bonuses.The changes in my and my peers lives were traumatic. Some removed their teenagers from college and/or packed their homes up and left the state. Those who felt thay could scrape by, closed ALL extra accounts of everykind, Some even Health Insurance's.

. These Life Changes Were very Angering. And Our Game Changes Simply reminded us.

So where was the escape? With that Many more of my friends and Family left the game. The the preperation for cataclysm went crazy! (which is to say rummaging for subscriptions went crazy, before they lost their butts) Lucas Arts Scared the entire industry, and everyone paid top dollar to get secret Information from their workers (Remember I know Game designers)

The Changes to meet what was presumably A Lucas Arts or Electronisc Arts Mega Gaming Company became all Important to the Upper Staff and Marketing Of Blizzard, Because of Unknown Fears. (A simple Marketing Stragety of offering 3 months of Warcraft for 9.99 Would have easily kept thousands of Subscribers. Rather than Asking those who remained what they wanted.....and Implementing those changes) Which Being that those who remained were mostly Adolescents, was probably the worst stragety ever conceived.

. 2010 When Cata Came Out I had reservations, I was one of the last with my wife as well as my employer, His Daughter (and Son now old enough) I did buy two copies. And dealt with the additional Nightmare of Downloading The Patches. (Which btw Blizz Needs to work on Some ISP's are implementing Caps and that MoP Download added an additional $50 to me b/c of going over my Limit!)

. 2012 Now that MoP is out, well As usual I see the Monk's having the Highest DPS (in leveling) of the group and expect them to eventually get Nerfed as well. I have not bought Mist, and probably will not. We Got over the traumatic few years, but at such a loss of subscribers to the 'Causual' that may not recover had we simply sat tight to our seats offered a few Bonuses and relied on Caring to produce longevity.

The Game is still unique (not AS unique) but There will be people who will have an interest. It's still cheaper than Most other evening entertainment. But It's just Different, now.

Oh And CRZ make's getting signature's and new recruits expressly difficult.

Just Sayin'
Edited by Fulgens on 10/9/2012 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
Uh...

You make a ... Hrm.

Could you maybe explain to me what you said? I don't think I'm really getting it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
From what I can tell, life dealt you some bad hands, and you are mad the game was made more accessible to casuals?

My condolences for the former, suck it up for the latter.
Reply Quote
So...

Your friends lost their jobs.
And quit playing wow.
Reply Quote
Um.... Well, yeah It's supposed to be an enlightenemnt to those who

Get mad at the people getting mad...

And an explanation for those who can't understand why someone is getting mad over a game.

I surmise those who understand it, will not comment.

Those who have no idea about economic relation will comment negatively.

That's ok.

Those who get mad at QQ with umadbro's and the like should be shown a reason.

And Yes some of 'My' Friends made Very Good Livings Prior to the recession.

Most of you will eventually understand it.

As I eventually understood it, after years of going through it.
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Hunter
Uh...

You make a ... Hrm.

Could you maybe explain to me what you said? I don't think I'm really getting it.

What I got out of it:

"Catering to casuals."

"Rose colored glasses."

That pretty much covers it.

Not sure why the guy felt obligated to put his autobiography in a forum post, though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
10/09/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Fulgens
As I eventually understood it, after years of going through it.

Stop trying to word everything in stanzas.

You suck at it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Uh...

You make a ... Hrm.

I am with you. Maybe it is all the stray capital letters. Not following.

And to OP, I am not sure anyone will get anything. A stream of consciousness without point or purpose really does not convey any message.
Edited by Tobiàs on 10/9/2012 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Hunter
10/09/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Snowfox
You make a ... Hrm.

"I didn't get a harumph out of that guy!"
Reply Quote
OK My "Autobiography" is One of Thousands.

Collectively we had about 40 Accounts with my peers of about 15.

If this is just my instance. And No One left the game "Inherently" of their own free will.

Then It accounts that Thousands of others left by similar events.

Which in that respect, Blizzard thinking about their numbers and content only...

Decided to Hastily revamp the game continuously until the numbers return..

Which really, never will. And in consequence of the events have lost another

large amount of subscribers over all of it.

(I'm sorry I can't put pictures in, It Won't let Me) (Nor italics) Hence Stray Caps
Edited by Fulgens on 10/9/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Who did what again? Should I be mad?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLY762hnIso
Reply Quote
Not at all.

I just feel that 20k worth of emails to ex-subscribers would have more benefit than

20k Man hours spent to revamp something which was really Incredible, and had no equal.

Until now.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
OK My "Autobiography" is One of Thousands.

Collectively we had about 40 Accounts with my peers of about 15.

If this is just my instance. And No One left the game "Inherently" of their own free will.

Then It accounts that Thousands of others left by similar events.

Which in that respect, Blizzard thinking about their numbers and content only...

Decided to Hastily revamp the game continuously until the numbers return..

Which really, never will. And in consequence of the events have lost another

large amount of subscribers over all of it.

(I'm sorry I can't put pictures in, It Won't let Me) (Nor italics) Hence Stray Caps

What was the thesis to your post though - the central point?

i.e. What argument were you trying to put forth?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Way to say short points long.

I'm sure people quit because they could'nt pay for it, but Blizz does have numbers that tells them what is wrong with the content they have made.

So no, you haven't found the magic variable that everyone has overlooked.
Edited by Morrice on 10/9/2012 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Syfix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLY762hnIso

I'm glad you don't get it ....yet. But you will.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
why In the World do you Capitalize random Parts of the Sentence? that isn't How english Works.
Reply Quote
The "thesis" was to allow those who are mad be allowed to show their frustration.

Simple items such as

umadbro and the like is the same as

Throwing a cup of Gasoline on a campfire. (anyone done that yet?) I have.

And Although it may look long, it truly is a compressed thought.

I ask you to copy it and print it and give a copy to your parents, to validate it.

Most all of your parents will agree.

(llucia it doesnt allow for italics)
Edited by Fulgens on 10/9/2012 1:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/09/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Fulgens
(llucia it doesnt allow for italics)

Uhhh...
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Hunter
I think what I gathered was...as the economy got worse..people were essentially forced to leave the game.

Therefore, Blizzard thought people hated the game and so they made changes in an attempt to bring those people back.

However, that only made people who hadn't left the game mad, and the people who left because they couldn't afford it didn't come back...thus losing more people.

Is this right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]