What do queue times mean in the long run?

90 Orc Warrior
We don't have the data. But you do. I urge you to take a look at the queue times and compare that to the number of players logging on during that given day. are we seeing less players logging on? I'm sure you will see something to that effect. I called phone support yesterday and just had a talk with one of the people there on the phone. I was very polite and we just discussed the issue over the phone. He basically gave me a few suggestions.

1. Migrate to Mug'thol
2. Character Transfer ($25)
3. Post on the Illidan realm forums.

I chose the 3rd obviously. Because 1. I don't have any interest in going to a no name server. 2. I just paid to transfer here about a month ago.

I asked him if they were going to increase the physical capabilities of the server by upgrading the hardware. All he said is that they have done so in the past but didn't tell me if they had any plans to do so.

IF YOU READ ANY OF THIS READ THIS.
The person on the phone when I called support said that the queue will die down after about a month of so after the release. I have a question for blizzard as a whole. Why is that? Why will the queue die down? Is it because fewer players are playing? I'm almost positive that is the case.

We need to have servers that can handle a lot more players otherwise what is going to happen is you(blizzard) will have spent all this money for the ad campain for mists of pandaria to bring in more players and then when they try to play they have to wait for 4 hours to play and after a few days they give up and just go grab their xbox controller and start playing halo. A potential customer lost forever just because of something that could be prevented.

And not just potential customers but veteran players as well. friends of mine that have been playing on and off since vanilla have stopped trying to log on at all just because of how long they have to wait.

Another thing you have to think about is that for some people it takes everything their computer has just to run wow. They can't be in queue and play another game while they are waiting.

Last thing. Blizzard I advise you to not wait for the queues to die down this time. Instead find a solution.

1. Cross-realm queues are a great idea where if there is a queue then you get ported to another realm until your queue is up then you get transferred back to your home realm.

2. Upgrade the hardware. Having hardware that can handle twice or 3 times as much as the normal load is a great investment. It would make a lot of us happy.

3. The transfers to mug'thol are only the beginning. More work is needed to solve the problem before potential players leave for good.

Thanks for reading and I hope you understand just how important this issue is to all of us.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Death Knight
Well said
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
Definitely agree with you 100%, i read somewhere that blizzard and i quote "please understand that money can't buy infinite technology" or something like that. I think they should open up more realms for free transfer or just free transfers to all realms for a few weeks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I haven't played WoW in about 3 days because I refuse to wait to play a game that I not only pay for monthly, but have bought numerous other things for, spending hundreds of dollars. It's ridiculous. There are many things they could do to free up que times. We just ask they do one.
Reply Quote
92 Goblin Mage
2. I just paid to transfer here about a month ago.

Far too many people did this during cata. Asked where to go for horde pvp illidan was the ubiquitous choice.

We need to have servers that can handle a lot more players otherwise what is going to happen is you(blizzard) will have spent all this money for the ad campain for mists of pandaria to bring in more players and then when they try to play they have to wait for 4 hours to play and after a few days they give up and just go grab their xbox controller and start playing halo.

From what I understand illidan has by far and away the worst queue times. Upgrades really aren't needed outside of illidan so I doubt they will do it.

Blizzard let too many people come here in the first place... that's the bottom line.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Not asking for upgrades to the no name servers like mug'thol. We're asking for upgrades to the servers that need them the most. Like Illidan
Edited by Zordiak on 10/10/2012 4:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/10/2012 04:19 AMPosted by Biffin
Blizzard let too many people come here in the first place... that's the bottom line.

This basically. Balance is already out of control here, yet Blizzard allows people to come to the Horde with paid transfers.

I have been on Illidan since the beginning of WoW and queue times will die out eventually. Blizzard will probably not put in extra hardware to fix this as they didn't do this in the past either (even at the peak of WoW).

But yeah, queues here suck big time if you want to play.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]