[Rogue] Rupture in Combat spec.

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Should I be using it more often, or not using it at all and just use the points for Eviscerate or keeping S&D up?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Tbh idk. I was just on my rogue wondering the same thing :s
Reply Quote
71 Pandaren Shaman
In my experience rupture is a dps loss in 5 mans but an increase on raid bosses. 5 man bosses just drop too fast for it to matter. Granted that's just my experience and I'm not the bestest WoW rogue ever or anything.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
In my experience rupture is a dps loss in 5 mans but an increase on raid bosses. 5 man bosses just drop too fast for it to matter.

Reasonably understanding.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly, rupture just kind of seems like a waste anyway. Why worry about a DOT that takes up your combo points when you can just hit for high, up-front damage?

Never used it as combat on my rogue, usually did more DPS than the rest of the raid group at 85, and that was without the legendaries.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
So far it seems like people are somewhat against using it in Combat spec.

My experience so far, of course I am not max level, is using it while questing is a complete waste (naturally) and using it on dungeon bosses doesn't really bring my dps up any.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Anybody else have some input to share?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Bump. Also, seeing as how it is the middle of the day, can this get redirected to the Rogue forums please?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Rupture does more damage than an equivalently buffed eviscerate; you want to have as high uptime as possible on 5-point evis, if it will run its full duration. (i.e., if the boss will not die in 24s, use rup; if it will die within 24s, use evis).

Gogo simcraft.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Rupture does more damage per CP spend than evis but only by a small margin. You're going to lose DPS but the overall damage gained is greater.

I generally used it on a target that stayed long enough for my rupture to fully tick.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/10/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Belisarious
(i.e., if the boss will not die in 24s, use rup; if it will die within 24s, use evis).

10/10/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Creepercat
I generally used it on a target that stayed long enough for my rupture to fully tick.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
It depends on your gear, they are so close to each other that it can change based on gear and Stat levels.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Glad you put [Rogue] in the title or Cloaked might've thought this were a mage thread!

Yes, use rupture in all specs now. Combat probably benefits least but IIRC it's still a DPS increase since being buffed for Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/10/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Cloaked
Glad you put [Rogue] in the title or Cloaked might've thought this were a mage thread!

I created this thread last night in the General forums, lol... I was tired! Don't judge me.

/hides
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]