Character Services Duration 10/10

(Locked)

100 Draenei Shaman
10/10/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Sovkhan
Just canceled my xfer, not going to sit around waiting. There should be no issues with these services for how much they cost.

10/10/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Darakian
There should be no issues with these services for how much they cost.
The amount of money spent has nothing (and never had) to do with computer's stability.

Computers get better and worse everyday, and money can't change a thing.

^ This.

You can spend a million dollars on a piece of hardware.. but if it breaks, its broken..
you can spen 1 dollar on a piece of hardware.. but if it breaks its broken..

There is no difference.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
/begin rant

Saying it's the computer is a cop out. From a smaller company I could excuse this, but Blizzard makes enough money to design a better program or have more servers/computers to resolve or avoid issues with any of their services/gameplay. Unacceptable from a Goliath I have given hundreds of dollars to over the years.

/end rant
85 Dwarf Shaman
10/10/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Darakian
There should be no issues with these services for how much they cost.
The amount of money spent has nothing (and never had) to do with computer's stability.

Computers get better and worse everyday, and money can't change a thing.

You are right redundant systems have nothing to do with stability and don't cost any money at all.
90 Gnome Warlock
10/10/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Cwitters
The real question people are asking is: Is there something wrong? Is something broken? Did someone call out sick? Or is there just such a huge volume that the processing is taking longer than normal.

They have stated in one of the other threads that there doesn't seem to be anything broken, it is simply backed up because of a large volume. They stated that a server went down a couple days ago and that is why the volume is so high right now.
I realise problems happen, Any idea when this is going to be resolved? I've got a raid in like 7 hours on a character i started for transfer an hour ago.
90 Gnome Warlock
/begin rant

Saying it's the computer is a cop out. From a smaller company I could excuse this, but Blizzard makes enough money to design a better program or have more servers/computers to resolve or avoid issues with any of their services/gameplay. Unacceptable from a Goliath I have given hundreds of dollars to over the years.

/end rant

And normally they do, and everything is smooth. This is not a normal thing and you can't simply run out and buy new servers simply because there is temporary back log, that just isn't smart business.
90 Goblin Rogue
They have stated in one of the other threads that there doesn't seem to be anything broken, it is simply backed up because of a large volume. They stated that a server went down a couple days ago and that is why the volume is so high right now.

i wasn't asking you.

In fact, I wasn't asking anyone.

I was simply clarifying the question that others were asking (Or rather the intent of) since the blue seemed confused.

edit: and to be clear, personally, I think there's more to it than just "High volume". but whatever.
Edited by Cwitters on 10/10/2012 9:37 AM PDT
90 Worgen Warlock
hai guys... would like to play my main again.. thanks... 16 hours and waiting.
10/10/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Chomdatsuo
No. I've stated that services are processing slower than normal. In other words, normal =100% speed, slower than normal would = 50% speed (as an example). I'm not sure where the misunderstanding is. Let me know and I can definitely clarify.

LOL Blizzard, you make me laugh with these useless replies. HAHAHA, really that's all you can say eh. Well you know what sooner or later you'll have enough complaints on your hands and I can't wait to see what excuse you'll MAKE UP then too.

Nothing they ever say will satisfy you broseph.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
/begin rant

/end rant

And normally they do, and everything is smooth. This is not a normal thing and you can't simply run out and buy new servers simply because there is temporary back log, that just isn't smart business.

If you see from my earlier post I've been waiting for over 20 hours and it seems like more than just back log. I also stating I was getting frustrated. I was just ranting. Hence the /begin rant and /end rant
90 Human Priest
10/10/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Serelina
I realise problems happen, Any idea when this is going to be resolved? I've got a raid in like 7 hours on a character i started for transfer an hour ago.

I've been waiting for 21 hours....
90 Gnome Warlock

If you see from my earlier post I've been waiting for over 20 hours and it seems like more than just back log. I also stating I was getting frustrated. I was just ranting. Hence the /begin rant and /end rant

I did see it and I understand the frustration, was just pointing out that it isn't as easy as adding new servers. This has happened before and it is normally because the servers are simply back logged, that is the reason that Blizzard has the "can take several days" wording in the FAQ.
90 Tauren Hunter
10/10/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Thunderwulf
How can you say that there is nothing wrong?!

We are aware, and are working on speeding things up while actively monitoring everything to ensure that those services continue processing.

Where did he say "nothing's wrong"?

Don't mind him. I am actually amazed he managed to have some of his words not in caps: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794982990
90 Dwarf Shaman
something is wrong because ive been pending for 3 days..
90 Undead Priest
Guess im extra screwed since im transferring a character between accounts LOL

12+ hours and waiting
80 Pandaren Hunter
10/10/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Bandayds

I've been waiting for 21 hours....

Seems pretty obvious that it is more than just a back log, everyone posting here is reporting around a 22 hour wait time (or less), if it was a back log wouldn't we have heard of it well before this? Obviously something caused the system to become slow (for lack of a better term) around 22-24 hours ago.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10/10/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Scuba
I did see it and I understand the frustration, was just pointing out that it isn't as easy as adding new servers. This has happened before and it is normally because the servers are simply back logged, that is the reason that Blizzard has the "can take several days" wording in the FAQ.

I guess I just feel like if this was common after tuesday maintenance, as was stated by many blue posts throughout the forums, maybe Blizzard should anticipate this a little better. Maybe I'm way off though....
85 Troll Priest
10/10/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Chomdatsuo
LOL Blizzard, you make me laugh with these useless replies. HAHAHA, really that's all you can say eh.
What should they say?

They never said this situation is normal.

They confirmed with you that they never said it after you claimed they did.

You seems to continue to think they said its normal.

What did you expect from them to tell you?

10/10/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Shedria
If you see from my earlier post I've been waiting for over 20 hours and it seems like more than just back log.
If the actual situation last, yes it will be more.

If after a few days everything is back to as it was before, then yes its just too many users using the service at the same time.

If the situation last, they will probably buy what it takes to get that many users at the same time.

If the situation is temporary due to a sudden surge of custommers at the same time, they would be fool to buy anything.
Blizzard Employee
10/10/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Cameltoetom
something is wrong because ive been pending for 3 days..
I'm seeing the service was initiated on 10/9. Did you start the service late Monday night?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]