What ARE Demons?

63 Draenei Paladin
Apparently Abyssals despite being created from normal Fire Elementals instead of Fel Fire Elementals are still classified as demons and that's not all a Bound Fire Elemental in Mount Hyjal is classified as a demon too as is a Wind Elemental in Desolace. Sha are demons. What's even more shocking is that some of the allied Centaurs in Desolace are demons too as well as an Ogre spirit(Spirit of Grol). The most ridiculous of all is the fact that the Ancients(Ancient Teldrassil Protectors) protecting Teldrassil are also classified as demons to so what is a demon?
Edited by Archpaladin on 10/11/2012 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
They are pretty much at this point alien races who for whatever reason support the destruction of the current universe and are aiding Sargeras in the Burning Crusade.
Game mechanic wise, you shouldn't be that concerned with. Mechanics for mob types or just mechanics.
Reply Quote
"Demon" is, mostly, a political term, being applied to "whatever alien races are currently affiliated with the Burning Legion".
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
While for the most part demon basically means "aliens who work for Sargeras", I think there must be something on a biological level that designates them as demons. I mean, don't they all go into the Twisting Nether when they die, right? So there has to be something in demons that does that since not all life does. Maybe it's the level of fel taint.

As for mobs being labeled demons or not, don't look into it. The Sha being demons is just for gameplay stuff so spells that work on demons work on them. Personally, I think they should've been labeled as Elementals.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 02:08 AMPosted by Reignac
While for the most part demon basically means "aliens who work for Sargeras", I think there must be something on a biological level that designates them as demons. I mean, don't they all go into the Twisting Nether when they die, right? So there has to be something in demons that does that since not all life does. Maybe it's the level of fel taint.

Well, yes, sure, working for Sargeras probably "marks" you in some bizarre way. Like Velen said in Rise of the Horde, receiving the Dark Titan's "blessing" twists one in a fundamental level. However, I don't think such thing is very different from, say, the Orc's Fel taint - Some aesthetic changes (Eredar went form blue-skinned to red skinned, for example), an acute feeling of malice and bloodlust... But that's all.
Reply Quote
"Demons are evil immortals who feed upon magic and life. They delight in inflicting suffering, spreading corruption, and, of course, destroying all that is good. Most demons were once mortal. Not all demons are sentient: various animals have been transformed into demons, for instance.

In order to become a demon, a creature must be infused with fel energy. As the existence of non-sentient demons suggests, a creature's wishes are irrelevant to the process. Willing or not, a creature can be changed into a demon. Such a transformation alters the affected creature on a fundamental level and typically leaves little or nothing of that creature's original personality. Still, at least one demon has thus far maintained much of his original personality: Illidan Stormrage."

While most are, not all demons are with the Burning Legion. Such as the Illdari or that one in Shattrath city.
Reply Quote
Not all eredar are red skinned. Archimonde and several others stayed blue

But ya, what makes a demon a demon is fel corruption. Exposure to large amounts of fel energy alters their body, creating mutations
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]