Rank 1 Frost Mage Streaming PVE

90 Troll Mage
Streaming heroic 25 man spirit kings

http://www.twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
We killed heroic Elegon on Monday, working on heroic Spirit Kings tonight then Will of the Emp

www.twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I have read most of the post as switching from arcane and have never played a frost spec. Do you have a guide? There are alot of abbreviations which I'm trying to figure out and would like to play frost in a raid environment.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Kablewy
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
doing some LFR then drunk hardcore inferno d3

http://www.twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
best mage world
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
streaming heroic 25 raid

come enjoy the WHITE BOY BASEMENT RAVE

www.twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
Why'd you racechange? Undead are best
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
streams up raid tonight

www.twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Streams up
not sure what were doing tonight but probably will of the emp heroic then the new zone.

www.twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Hey,

I've been watching your streams and noticed your raiding as fire now.

At what point does Fire out gear frost? I am by no means a serious player, I just do LFR and play around casually, but I was just wondering about how much crit% should I have before switching to fire is optimal, I always played fire but found when I hit 90 my crit % was way to low to perform well in raids.
Reply Quote
Hey Matt,

are you from toronto ? I've been contemplating on playing frost upcoming patch but take a look at my gear its very crit base. so iono
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
@Arywen
I'd say around 7k crit rating fire starts feeling a lot more poweful

@Moltrinn
Good guess, but I'm from Fredericton (New Brunswick). Your gear is very crit heavy so staying fire wouldn't be an awful idea.
Reply Quote
@Audacity - I recently went fire from arcane all through cata (Frost leveling). I know at my gear lvl, 450's frost would probably be better, but I want to start getting used to fire since I have never played it. Was wondering if you use any fire-specific add-ons, like to track combustion, or do you just use weakauras to track buffs/debuffs, bomb up time, etc. Any other tip's rotation wise, or tricks would be awesome. Thanks again, love watching your streams.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I like to use weakauras for managing my buffs and debuffs (including heating up and hotstreak)

For tracking bombs I use scorchio2, I like how you can have a group of bars showing the bomb durations, with the target highlighted and others more transparent.

For tracking ignite I use myBigIgnite, its really customizable but I just use it to track the duration and amount of my ignite (really similar to combustionhelper, I just find combustionhelper ugly as hell).

As for tricks... fire is super straightforward to play I find. The only real trickery is around good alter time usage to get huge combustions (the main idea is get a hotstreak AND heating up proc before using alter time, but it's hard to explain).

Stream is up now and raid starts in about 30 minutes. Come check it out!

www.twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
Hey Audacity,

LOL i live in toronto too and i saw you had mentioned eastern ontario

Anyways, I was wondering if you would be able to help set up my UI i tried to use weakauras and such but i completely failed even watching youtube vids haha
and i was thinking of trying out frost for dps.

add my on realid if you can jms_lui@yahoo.ca
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Streams up and raid starting soon, come check out heroic 25 man Heart of Fear.

www.twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
streaming heroic HoF tonight come watch. playing frost again too :)

www.twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
You are my main competition for frost mages, in the US that is. Keep up the good work :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
starting heroic 25man HoF soon.. streams up

www.twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]