Rank 1 Frost Mage Streaming PVE

90 Human Mage
For my gear, 2 haste > 1 int, you should sim yourself and see but it should be close anyways.

Streaming 16/16h farm
www.twitch.tv/matto_eh

What spec do you intend to play in 5.2?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I'll end up playing whatever is best. I've played a lot of frost and its looking pretty good for 5.2.

Streams up btw

twitch.tv/matto_eh
Edited by Audacity on 2/13/2013 6:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

My UI is composed of pretty basic addons, shadowed unit frames, bartender then TONS of weakauras. I use weak auras for tracking all my dps buffs/icds (very important for good alter time management), as well as many other things like some spell cooldowns, invocation etc. If more people are interested in them I could post them.

I'm new to weakauras, could you possibly post some? It'd help me get started, trying to get that extras 10-20k dps from my frost mage. Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Streaming heroic elite protectors

twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
i love frost =D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
streaming heroic sha
trying out more mastery instead of haste omg fun~~~

twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
streaming heroic 16/16h
trying out more mastery instead of haste omg fun~~~

twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
streaming ToT as fire, may do frost next raid depending how our other mage does as frost:

twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Watching it now, HEY YOU HAVE ALOT OF GOLD! lol - its good to watch mage PoV on new encounters ;) thanx
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
yeah I feel really worthless in raid. ilvl 510 as fire and I'm struggling to stay middle of the pack. I've had dozens of top parses (as in rank 1) as fire, frost and arcane so I doubt its my play holding me back...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
We all feel the same way :( You will probally do better on boss #3 seems cleave heavy.

But for sure let us know your end verdict on Fire/Frost/Arcane after your raid.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Raid was fun.... struggled to stay middle of the pack even on fights where I could spread combustion (meaning it was ~20% of my dmg instead of 8%). Getting destroyed by shadow preists, boomkins, locks and frost DKs. We lack any kind of burst aoe that those classes all have, except for combustion which is very situational. Single target dps is awful, lots of fun dry spells of chaining fireball for 15 seconds even with 11000 crit rating.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Mage
yeah I feel really worthless in raid. ilvl 510 as fire and I'm struggling to stay middle of the pack. I've had dozens of top parses (as in rank 1) as fire, frost and arcane so I doubt its my play holding me back...

Raid was fun.... struggled to stay middle of the pack even on fights where I could spread combustion (meaning it was ~20% of my dmg instead of 8%). Getting destroyed by shadow preists, boomkins, locks and frost DKs. We lack any kind of burst aoe that those classes all have, except for combustion which is very situational. Single target dps is awful, lots of fun dry spells of chaining fireball for 15 seconds even with 11000 crit rating.

!@#$%^-it man. I came here thinking 'Audacity probably figured it out, lemme see what I should be doing.'

I thought at your ilevel fire would be very competitive.

I don't know what to do.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
more ToT streaming now

twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
03/07/2013 04:11 AMPosted by Zarayva

!@#$%^-it man. I came here thinking 'Audacity probably figured it out, lemme see what I should be doing.'

I thought at your ilevel fire would be very competitive.

I don't know what to do.

I came in thinking the same.

Wanted to see how a top mage would make it work . . .

I see the way to make it work is to make this lock my main :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Logs from last night:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h34huqtay35476na/

Fire actually felt pretty good with 11000 crit rating, but some pulls were definitely still frustrating where you go for long cold streaks. I can't imagine a poor mage with like 7k crit rating trying to play this spec......

I died on Ji-Kun. The raid leader called for our group not to go down after I had already prematurely jumped (was at like 20%). I was doing well here (top 5). Casting scorch while moving is invaluable.

On the Durumu kill I got an awful combustion off the pull with lust (only ~35 k) but managed to crawl back up from like 15th to finish at 5th in the raid. Any other pull with a better combustion off the start would have put me much higher (we had a 1% wipe 8 minutes long, was top of raid at 132k dps compared to 124k here). Again so much movement, I pity arcane mages here and their rune.

Wasn't in for Primordius. Lot of multidotting on this fight. Also crit buff (50% I believe) sounds kind of good.

Dark Animus is dumb and I don't think anyone logged it.

Streaming the last 3 tonight, hopefully we can get them all!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
9/12 right now. Hopefully will clear the rest

twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Fire actually felt pretty good with 11000 crit rating, but some pulls were definitely still frustrating where you go for long cold streaks. I can't imagine a poor mage with like 7k crit rating trying to play this spec......

This makes me very sad. I guess we'll see what these buffs are.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
starting heroics

twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
SSD failed and had to reinstall everything. UI mostly redone

twitch.tv/matto_eh
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]