BE Paladin - Arcane Torrent Nerf

80 Blood Elf Rogue
Went from an "unintended" 6% to 2%!?...it's been 6% forever, and now on my ret paladin it returns something stupid like 600 mp. lol

Any other ret's thinking oh wtf!?

Can we get 1 Holy Power added to Arcane Torrent?

HotFix - Sept.28
Arcane Torrent now returns 2% of base mana (was previously an unintended 6%).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
The mana wasn't relevant as ret anyway.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Rogue
10/02/2012 04:33 PMPosted by Cayse
The mana wasn't relevant as ret anyway.

3600MP v. 1200MP to get 1 more Flash of Light off in PVP when seconds count...yeah it does matter. lol

Also, all other BE classes get a 10-15% increase to resources.

Warrior +15 Rage
DK +15 Runic Power
Rogue +15 Focus
Monk's get +1 Chi

We should get +1 Holy Power
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If you were actually using it for that, it matters even less.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Rogue
10/02/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Cayse
lol just gonna jump to the chase: you're short sighted.

Mana is a resource, and it's important. Torrent is an additional silence, and it's important. Any decrease to those would be a nerf. lol

Nice AGI polearm.
Edited by Stuntdouble on 10/2/2012 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/02/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Stuntdouble
Nice AGI staff.

DPS is math. If the weapon damage and secondaries on an agi polearm outweighs the strength of one's best strength weapon, guess which is better DPS?

"Never use an agi weapon" is not an immutable law.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Using it for mana for a flash of light is an insane waste, and wasn't actually making the difference anyway. Takes 68,000 mana for three full cost flash of light. If you used it and then had enough mana for the spell it's because sword of light ticked.

I don't have a staff.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Rogue
Using it for mana for a flash of light is an insane waste, and wasn't actually making the difference anyway. Takes 68,000 mana for three full cost flash of light. If you used it and then had enough mana for the spell it's because sword of light ticked.

I don't have a staff.
rofl - love how you logged in just to change your weapon. haha
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
10/02/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Stuntdouble

I love how you're de-railing your own thread.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/02/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Stuntdouble

It's cute that you think that, but surely an experienced yet terrible armory troll like you is familiar with how to use the "recent activity" feed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You guys have messed up what could have been a valuable and productive thread.

Personally, and especially, as a holy paladin this change has hurt heaps. It is practically useless. I don't use it because the mana it returns doesn't even amount to a holy shock.

I used this ability all through DS and it was great, and I am sad to see them change it years later. Its like they have been blind and oblivious this whole time, way to show your competency and game developers blizz haha

(I'm just upset at yet ANOTHER change out of my control, essentially nothing is ever in my control in WoW)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/02/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Stuntdouble

Mana is a resource, and it's important. Torrent is an additional silence, and it's important. Any decrease to those would be a nerf. lol

Nice AGI polearm.

10/02/2012 05:02 PMPosted by Elidra
Nice AGI staff.

DPS is math. If the weapon damage and secondaries on an agi polearm outweighs the strength of one's best strength weapon, guess which is better DPS?

This.

The MgP polearm is superior to the mace from Shado-pan in terms of damage output, strength or no strength.

The strength on the mace amounts to about 800 dmg/swing. . The damage difference between weapons is 2000.

You lose out on the spellpower gained, but that doesn't equal the damage boost for the polearm vs mace.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/04/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Iolwut

Nice AGI polearm.

This.

The MgP polearm is superior to the mace from Shado-pan in terms of damage output, strength or no strength.

The strength on the mace amounts to about 800 dmg/swing. . The damage difference between weapons is 2000.

You lose out on the spellpower gained, but that doesn't equal the damage boost for the polearm vs mace.

What does this have to do with Arcane Torrent?!?! hahahhaha
Guess it doesn't matter anyway
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I always used it as a interrupt. :/

Really only cared about what little mana it gave if I was ever holy.

I gots me a agility staff. I'm stuck with it until a heroic boss decides to give me something. Well... anything cause after 4 heroics I've seen one item I could use and the tank won the roll. :'(
Edited by Kabloosh on 10/4/2012 9:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Always have used it in raids. Used it back in BC for 1-3 extra heals, back in Wrath to help on Roic Sindragosa and Rioc LK(Alot might I add) Helped in roic everything and normals the first few months(Raids) in cata, and now I use it still for mana yet its like why pop it combind with a trinket when I can use it RIGHT after I use a heal? >.< So sad that such a good racial for holy is just down the !@#$ing %^-*ter. O, our 87 skill is completely useless for pve, only thing ive used it for in pve was when I was tanking and I need a .25 sec 0 damage incoming skill. lol(Which is sad btw).
Reply Quote
Exactly how much mana does it now return for Holy?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Definitely not a concern as ret, but perhaps they over nerfed it. Take the middle and go 4% maybe.

It's not just pallys by the way.

Which is why this thread shouldn't have been in the Paladin forums, anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sin
10/05/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Sharrow

It now returns 6000 mana. Vs the 18000 it used to.

Definitely not a concern as ret, but perhaps they over nerfed it. Take the middle and go 4% maybe.

It's not just pallys by the way.

Which is why this thread shouldn't have been in the Paladin forums, anyway.

Agreed, it should have been in the healer forums.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Sharrow

6k, used to be 18k. It was pretty overpowered compared to the Human racial.

Assuming an 8 minute fight (about right for these entry level raids with current gear):

Arcane Torrent grants 54,000 mana used 3 times @ 2 min CD
Human Spirit grants 14,400 mana @ 10k spirit (about normal for entry level gear/gems) - let's say 17k (after procs, Ebonweave, Heartsong, etc)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]