Question about how granted levels work now

60 Human Warrior
Hi,

I used RaF years ago to get a friend playing WoW, and if I remember correctly, granted levels were particular to the character who earned them. What I'm asking is: Granted levels aren't currently earned on the recruited account, but on the character itself, right? Like I couldn't grant levels earned on any level 80 on the account, but only on the character that recently earned them?

I am trying to figure out if it still works the same way it used to, and to see if I'm remembering correctly.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The recruited account can grant levels from any character on the new account to any character on the veteran's account that recruited him.
Reply Quote
60 Human Warrior
Thanks for clearing that up.

One more question though: If it's on the account level, and you earn a granted level every other level you make on the account, couldn't you just keep leveling characters up to like level 10 or 20 to acquire a ton of granted levels quickly?
Edited by Cerdran on 10/3/2012 1:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/03/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Cerdran
If it's on the account level, and you earn a granted level every other level you make on the account, couldn't you just keep leveling characters up to like level 10 or 20 to acquire a ton of granted levels quickly?

The level-granting bond is on the account level, but as far as I know the levels themselves you wish to grant are on the character level, not collectively pooled somewhere.

There also may be a restriction that prohibits a level 20 character on the newbie's account from granting the 10 levels he's earned so far to (for example) a level 70 character on the veteran's account.

I'm not sure though since I never attempted it. You could try it and report back with the results though, that's how the regulars here learn about weird little quirks in the various systems.
Edited by Avanna on 10/3/2012 2:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Human Warrior
Yeah, when I tried it a while back, which was almost four years ago so my memory is a bit hazy, it was definitely restricted to the character that earned it. The only reason I wondered if it had changed, was because someone in my guild said they thought it was different since RAF was redone to go through 80.

I appreciate the swift responses.
Edited by Cerdran on 10/3/2012 3:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Shaman
The recruited account can grant levels earned by any character they level during the linked period.

The levels earned can only be granted by a the character that earned them. So the 10 levels earned by a level 20 can only be granted by that character.

Also, the character that is granting the levels must be a higher level than the character receiving them.

Here is the link the FAQ with how the level granting works now.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-rewards
Edited by Nezne on 10/3/2012 6:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Thanks Nezne, I thought that was the case but I wasn't sure.

So no OP you can't make 8 level 20's on the newbie's account and bump one character to level 80 on the veteran's account.

You CAN, however, make 8 level 20's on the newbie's account and bump 4 characters to level 20 on the veteran's account.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]