Did frost mages lose evocate????

90 Undead Mage
Or am I going insane?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Never mind, I am retard. 90 talent replaced.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
make heal for evocation baseline and give us our glyph slot back because its an absolutely useless spell if you don't glyph/talent it and those are supposed to be 'optional.'
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
Quite a few people in beta felt that the glyph was not at all mandatory, depending on the talent choices you had made. I actually listed it as a mandatory major for a while when we were discussing the optionality of our glyphs, and the majority was pretty solidly against me on that.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I'm kind of torn on how I feel about evocation right now. As frost, I never really need it for the mana. Like ever. So it's simply a heal button for me. In that sense, the glyph is pretty much mandatory, or else the entire spell it self has no worth.

So, in a general sense the glyph isn't mandatory, but without it evocation is not even worth being on my bar with my spec. So if I want evocation to actually have some worth to it (for my sepc), then its glyph is most assuredly mandatory.

I'm actually considering just taking evocation off my bar and opening up that glyph spot, though. Something to tinker around with.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The Evocation glyph shines more when you're 90. Rune of Power and Invocation both use it to it's potential. I can't count how many times I've used my 40% health heal at the end of my evocation to save my bum thus far.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/03/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Juumii
The Evocation glyph shines more when you're 90. Rune of Power and Invocation both use it to it's potential. I can't count how many times I've used my 40% health heal at the end of my evocation to save my bum thus far.

Right, I don't mean that its useless, evocation gives you a lot with the talent and glyph together. However, if the heal was baseline, then evocation would always be useful regardless of spec or talent choice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]