Celerity vs Momentum?

28 Orc Shaman
Any compelling reason to use one over the other?

I suppose Celerity might be better with the PvP Gloves bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I use Tiger's Lust for pvp. It's a sprint that gets you out of snares and on a 30sec CD.

I macro it with path of blossoms so I can spam a get-away and leave a trail of 3-9 explosive flowers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Also, you don't have to use it on yourself. You could help your FC out by removing his snares and giving him 70%speed buff for 6sec.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Tigers lust is a must for pvp. One monk weakness is roots. Anyone that says different is gimped
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Celerity is extremely strong in PVP with gloves + the combination of chi torpedo.

If you go Xuen for the extra burst tiger's lust is probably the bestter choice.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Within 120 seconds if you move at 10 yards per second movement speed and momentum grant you 25 % movement speed increase for 10 seconds (with 1 stack and can stack to 50 % movement speed increase) with 20 seconds cooldown (for 1 roll or chi torpedo) if you use roll or chi torpedo whenever possible within 120 seconds then you have additional 25 % movement speed increase for 70 seconds (same for 50 % movement speed increase for 30 seconds and additional 25 % movement speed increase for 10 seconds) so you eventually have totally additional 175 yards further from momentum (not from roll or chi torpedo)

Within 120 seconds if you move at 10 yards per second movement speed and tiger's lust grant you 70 % movement speed increase for 6 seconds with 30 seconds cooldown and if you use tiger's lust whenever possible within 120 seconds then you have additional 70 % movement speed increase for 24 seconds so you eventually have totally additional 168 yards further from tiger's lust (but tiger's lust also remove movement speed impairing effect and tiger's lust cost 1 chi)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Frost nova, 0 yards. Entangling roots, 0 yards...etc
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Of course it's situational but consider only speed then momentum add 100 yards within 60 seconds and tiger's lust add 84 yards within 60 seconds (with 10 yards per second movement speed) but compare to 120 seconds

Momentum add 100 yards within 60 seconds and add 175 yards within 120 seconds

Tiger's lust add 84 yards within 60 second and add 168 yards within 120 seconds

But of course this consider only speed and in certain situation you have more factors to add for your consideration
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
My thought was that with celerity and the pvp gloves I not only can break snares, but can also roll through a hunters frost trap. Outside of that I assume tigers lust may be better in pvp. Can roll break roots with the pvp gloves?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]