Okay, I'm officially tired of Varian

90 Night Elf Druid

I've got issues with this too. Kyalin swears fealty to Elune, not King Wrynn. If he starts playing with local laws, we've got issues.

Varian has Elune's vote, according to Tyrande in Wolfheart.

Actually, that is probably the major reason why the Night Elves, as a race, are following him.

You know, that's not exactly how that played out.

He was needed to fight the Horde. His role was one of a general, and no evidence shows that it was beyond that one fight.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I honestly liked Varian better when he was supposedly a jerk. (I honestly never saw him that way, he had EVERY right to be angry)

I really don't like how Blizzard is softening him.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/04/2012 07:34 PMPosted by Lochnar
I really don't like how Blizzard is softening him

Until he hugs an Orc I don't consider him softening.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
10/04/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Noitora
I really don't like how Blizzard is softening him

Until he hugs an Orc I don't consider him softening.

He'll be named Godfather of Thrall's kids.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Off topic. Elenie, you says you play GW2?

What server?

I honestly liked Varian better when he was supposedly a jerk. (I honestly never saw him that way, he had EVERY right to be angry)

The life span of any character who dares too impugn the Horde is rather short.
Edited by Arkturas on 10/4/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/04/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Arkturas
The life span of any character who dares too impugn the Horde is rather short.

Not allowed to be mad at the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Not even Samurai Elf
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Off topic. Elenie, you says you play GW2?

What server?

The unofficial NA RP server (since Anet doesn't designate servers as RP or not), Tarnished Coast.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Oooh! So am I!
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Almost goes without saying, but I made an Elementalist named Elenie there =)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Norn Warrior named Arkturas. xD
Reply Quote
Everyone seems to be terrified that Varian is going to go around all the other cities telling people that they can't believe in Elune anymore, or that Velen isn't in charge of the Draenei.

All the High King questline is going to do is cement Varian as the Supreme Commander of the Alliance armies and nothing more. Everyone is getting uppity about nothing.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue

Likely the same reason they overtly softened Genn. These characters are simply unacceptable the way they are to the general population because they're not Nice Guy types like Thrall or Malfurion.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
How can you be tired of Varian? He hasn't left the throne room since Wrath!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Everyone seems to be terrified that Varian is going to go around all the other cities telling people that they can't believe in Elune anymore, or that Velen isn't in charge of the Draenei.

All the High King questline is going to do is cement Varian as the Supreme Commander of the Alliance armies and nothing more. Everyone is getting uppity about nothing.

Except the whole Pandareen thing calling him 'their king'

Not Supreme Commander, or general

Their king

It'd be no different if Varian encounters some random hermit elf in Ashenvale, invites them to join the Alliance, and suggests that he/she calls Varian 'their king'
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Except the whole Pandareen thing calling him 'their king'

Not Supreme Commander, or general

Their king

It'd be no different if Varian encounters some random hermit elf in Ashenvale, invites them to join the Alliance, and suggests that he/she calls Varian 'their king'

Not all of the Pandaren though, just the Tushui, who are the Pandaren that are essentially on the same wavelength as the Alliance.

You also got to admit that the Tushui did so of their own volition, as well. Wasn't just Varian enforcing something upon them. Aysa swore fealty to him.
Edited by Donahue on 10/5/2012 4:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
More specifically... after the Horde razed Stormwind, it was rebuilt by the Stonemasons Guild. When the work was finished, the Stonemasons found themselves at odds with the House of Nobles. Due to the manipulations of Katrana Prestor (Onyxia), the nobles thought the masons were drastically overcharging them, while the masons thought the nobles were severely underpaying them. The masons began to riot, and Queen Tiffin was killed when a thrown rock struck her in the head. As a result, King Varian fell into a deep depression (which made him more susceptible to Onyxia's influence).

Varian remembers Tiffin fondly and has no desire to replace her. Nor does he need to: he has an heir.

Ah okay, thanks for that. Surprised I forgot about the riot. It's still a loooooooong time to be in mourning.

But I don't think they've expanded on anything with his father.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Varian is only slightly better then Garrosh imo. Both do harm to the stability of Azeroth (and now Pandaria). I really wonder about the Alliance. the Horde may be the "misfits" of Azeroth and that they are semi at each others throats at times, but they rally under one banner and one leader ( not particularly liked/loved) but there is few disputes and fights about it.

What's the situation with the Alliance? I haven't played them since Burning Crusade, but things seem worse now then before. I hear about Ironforge and it's "Council" but what about the Worgen, the Night Elves and Gnomes? How are they dealing with this ( imo) Tyrant? Seems that he's unofficially proclaimed himself to rule over all of the Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The Worgen technically have Greymane, but he does nothing once you leave Gilneas. He's just Varian's bodyguard now

The Gnomes have a leader, but he's not much better than Greymane. I've never leveled a gnome, but far as I know, he's just FtH fodder once you get level 5 and get out of there

The Nelves have Tyrande and Malfurion. Malfurion was quite active, but Tyrande literally sat around and was arm candy for all of Cata
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The Worgen technically have Greymane, but he does nothing once you leave Gilneas. He's just Varian's bodyguard now

The Gnomes have a leader, but he's not much better than Greymane. I've never leveled a gnome, but far as I know, he's just FtH fodder once you get level 5 and get out of there

The Nelves have Tyrande and Malfurion. Malfurion was quite active, but Tyrande literally sat around and was arm candy for all of Cata

Jeeze that is terrible! I can't believe that more hasn't been done, seems like Varian is just tromping over all of you guys/gals :( Tyrande seems a touch out of reality after the events of Warcraft 3. I expected the High Tinkerer would have done more and stepped up with the events of Gnomer, despite not really taking back their city.

Greymane seems too passive for my tastes, hell he sounds winded all the time ( leveled a Worgen thru their starter).

The Dwarfs were imo the most prominent race of the Alliance, second to only the Humans. How the Dark Iron weaseled their way into being a council for the entire race still astounds me ( i remember that one girl ran off to be marry that Dark Iron king).

So must seems wrong >.<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]